Why are the Marvel Legends on sale every? Even the new ones? What is going on?

Apxavier

Yeah, let me know if you see Iceman or underwear Deadpool on sale anywhere. (: To assuage your concerns, though, Hasbro definitely isn't taking any direct losses by retailers putting figures on sale, I assure you. They might be taking indirect losses if the retailer is clearing the line out, but I'm sure Hasbro isn't discounting anything on the wholesale end. At the rate they're putting out new waves, there's no way it's a failing line.

My local Best Buy had the Sauron Wave figs down to 14 and someone in a collector group I am in said they are down to 10 now...works for me. Hopefully they still have Bishop.

Those 10 yr figures were over priced anyway. I am playing the waiting game with my local Wally World on the shelf warmers they have. I picked up the Thor and Cap 2 packs for 25 on clearance. Picked up two Ironman 2 packs for 13 bucks each, that was nice as I wanted the suit body for customs. They still have the Antman 2 pack for 45, four of them, been sitting on the shelf since last November or so. Same with Red Skull. I priced matched with Walmart.com when they were 18 on there. Wish I could have bought more. They have eight of them on the shelf I am waiting on. Low key salty that Red Skull apparently got clearanced out at 5 bucks at some walmarts in other areas. Id have some serious army building going on.....ah well....my waiting game continues.

Picked up Falcon/Winter Soldier for 20 at Target, Ross/Killmonger for 12. Theres one more of those, I may pick it up, again, because I want more suit bodies.

Doesn't help the company that they are putting out wave after wave after wave barely giving people time to get one before another one is out.

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2019 at 3:36 PM, Apxavier said:

Im lost i have seen ml figures on sale, specifically the newer waves and 10 yr studios. Please help me understand why? It is a good thing for us, but im scared they are going to stop making them, due to losses to the company. 

Hasbro's a multibillion dollar corporation, and you're worried about their losses?

Fret not, they're doing fine....

It's probably just the Christmas sales. Nothing to worry about.

Funnily enough both Gambit and Rogue Retro figures are "clearance" priced at Toys R Us Canada right out of the gate (about $7US off) but the other two Retro figures (Storm black costume and Gray Beast), which are pegwarming HARD, are still full price. I think someone at TRU HQ messed up big time.

Lol what a weird thread to revive after nearly 2 years

I think Target had the best sales this year. Particularly since they seemed prone to having them right after new, in-demand figures came out. That buy two get one free deal waspretty hard to beat, as was the “spend $100, get $25 off” sale right as the storm and Fox xmen sets came out.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Lol what a weird thread to revive after nearly 2 years

I think Target had the best sales this year. Particularly since they seemed prone to having them right after new, in-demand figures came out. That buy two get one free deal waspretty hard to beat, as was the “spend $100, get $25 off” sale right as the storm and Fox xmen sets came out.

Haha I didn't even notice. Just proves my point, it's a christmas/holiday sale. Happens every year!

3 hours ago, tarot said:

Atlantis has a habit of doing that 

Atlantis is like the king of Necro Posting,

anyways Yea Big Box stores tend to always have sales at the end of the year/beginning of new year to clear out the product from the previous year to make way for the droves of new product, they don't want space to be taken up, however it does seem as of this year places like especially Amazon are having some really great sales on very new figures, can't say it's bad it's great...well not great if you are someone like me who bought or pre-ordered all of those sale figures at full price because you couldn't wait (or felt the fear of not getting things).