In Hand Look At Marvel Legends Mystique Which Is Available Now At Robotkingdom

JayC

Shown below is a in-hand look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Mystique figure from Hasbro including an image via marvellegendsuk that shows us what the extra Lilandra head that is included with this one and what it looks like on the recently released Sivler Sable body.

Here in the US the Mystique figure will be released as a Walgreens exclusive, but the figure is already hitting overseas and available now from our sponsor Robotkingdom.

Mystique-00.jpg

Mystique-01.jpg

Mystique-02.jpg

39 minutes ago, Captmotor said:

It is nice to see Hasbro really trying to fill out the boxes with these Walgreens exclusives, though.  That is a lot of nice additional junk to go with Mystique.  Plus the figure just looks really great.

I agree. Unless the figure has an iconic accessory that isn't present, I'm never really upset with them just putting stuff in the box!

Lilandra, I remember her from some of my old 1980's XMEN comics. She was an empress or queen from outer space and was a girlfriend of Charles Xavier. Her sister was a villain but don't remember her name. I already have the old mystique figure but this one is much better.

What a beaut: mine's arriving early next week. 

Are there really people complaining about the bonus heads?  Hasbro are unlikely to sell any more Mystique figs as a result of the inclusion of the Lil & transition-to-Rogue alt heads, so these should really be seen as a favour to, and bonus for, collectors: adding value and lifespan to a figure.

Plus, one head is for a beloved figure we'll never, ever see single carded (but has been sought by collectors since the Toy Biz day). You don't have to be a master customiser to work out how to make a Lilandra figure with this head and the body of two or three recent, female Legends. And, lastly, the transition/Rogue head is cool & also faithful to many, many canonical X-books.

I love the swap heads, and always get a kick out of them: the proper Onslaught head packed with Kitty Pryde  (XM Juggernaut wave) instead of the Red Skull/Onslaught head, and even the new Starforce Captain Marvel is worth buying because of the inclusion of a Dr Minerva swap head, hands, rifle and scarf. You've got a whole new character there.

Hasbro gets a lot of stuff wrong, but when they get it right (comic waves, responding to fan demand for niche characters, multiple X-Men waves) it's worth shouting about, I think. So for me: good work, Hasbro - more alt heads & more mutants, please.

2 hours ago, KabutoRyder said:

Talking about the long gun there broseph

Yeah, okay, broham.  Gotcha.  Almost didn't see it there in the packaging since the color is so close to the background.  Personally I would rather they gave her the sniper rifle from the "Epic Heroes" series, but for some reason that he hasn't made particularly clear, Dwight Stall has said that he wants to use the realistic looking gun accessories as little as possible with comic-based legends, so this is the kind of thing wind up with.

Mystique is looking awesome, I would have liked better weapons but I can always get some out of my weapons and accesories box from other figures. And when it comes to more accesories like the rogue and lilandra's head, ill never complain (i'd rather get these items than Ill probably never use than getting nothing so I really could care less and wont complain about stuff that would have been better to be included) 

As for the Lilandra head, I hear a lot of people complaining about it and others saying its a bonus for collectors and if you want you could make a custom for this head. I would be of the latter side, but I've learned all too well that if I start making a custom for this head once I get it, it wont be long till Hasbro oficially makes an official figure for this head to go with it. So Ill just keep my fingers crossed for hasbro to eventually make one (either as a single carded figure, or a 2 pack or any way possible)

I'd like to congratulate/commend Hasbro on a job well-done regarding the Mystique head sculpt and paint applications! Every detail looks identical to her iconic comic book appearances. I hope this figure sells well and encourages Hasbro to put the same quality and care into future Marvel Legends figures. (As a minor criticism, I'd like to mention that for some past figures, I've been disappointed by how it seemed that little or no effort was put into adopting the Marvel comic book appearances (e.g. SDCC Unworthy Thor).)

9 hours ago, InvisibleStormtrooper said:

My local Walgreens are still swimming in Ant-Mans and Daredevils so I have no hope of ever seeing this on a shelf. That said, I've got my fingers crossed they'll eventually sell it on their website because it looks great and I'd love to have her in my collection.

I've had good luck so far getting the exclusives off of WG's website, which is good since my local WG seems to get these exclusives months after they start showing up elsewhere... and WG is probably my least favorite place as far as toy hunting.  Mine sounds like yours except Medusa in place of Ant-Man. Still plenty of yellow DDs.

That said, Mystique looks great and i like the accessories they chose to package with her.  I wouldn't mind a new Pyro and Blob, either! i suppose destiny and avalanche too although i find them kind of bland-looking, compared to the others.

Just got my mp7's that I ordered in anticipation of this figure. I love that she has trigger fingers! I think Hasbro needs to ditch the pistol that she comes with. We have seen it some many times in so many different colors it would be nice to get a new one. 

Speaking of accessories check out liselome on eBay. They do a variety of gun casts as well as other accessories. I am not affiliated with that ebayer, I have bought many items from them and they are all quality pieces and believe they do a great job of supporting the figure community with their work. 

I am sooo in for Mystique, presuming I can find her at a Walgreens before she evaporates. However, I am really impressed with the Lilandra head on the Silver Sable body. I had seen some postulation previously that such a pairing would be workable, but pictures do those typewritten missives wonders indeed. I may be in for a Sable now as a result, even if it is imperfect to her comics depiction. I tend to agree we will see a body down the line, but that may be 2 years from now. Hasbro is nailing Marvel Legends and Tranformers these days...too bad they and Disney jumped the shark for Star Wars, else this would be a new golden age, given what NECA is doing also.