Why aren't comic and movie characters in separate waves?

Benn

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Genis-vell seems like a great choice for a Captain Marvel wave imo, even if they didn't go with his most well-known/popular look (par for the course with Hasbro).  I'll grant that Grey Gargoyle is an odd choice  and i would've preferred to see Moonstone, Quasar, or Super-Skrull in there.  That said, i never expected a GG figure from Hasbro so its kind of a nice to get a classic, if c-list, villain. Ms. Marvel or a classic comic Carol or Mar-vell seem like they could/should still show up somewhere, maybe in a 2-pack or exclusive?  maybe we'll hear something at toy fair.  Note that the recent BP wave 2 had 2 mcu black panther figs, so its not just Carol.  maybe this will be a pattern going forward, at least for solo character movie waves.  Not that i'm in favor of it.  Talos, Yon-Rogg, and young Fury are all reasonable inclusions for this movie wave. While I'm not that thrilled with the kree sentry BAF,  I'm glad they didn't go the route of making a normal sized mcu figure the BAF like they did with Mantis and  Okoye.

On topic, i favor including comic figs in mcu waves.  The main issue for me is my compulsion to complete BAFs,  i'm working on getting away from that this year so i can just cherry pick the comic and mcu figs i really want from each wave.  I know Hasbro counts on our compulsions to get us to take a chance of figures we might otherwise pass on buying, can't blame them for that.

Yes, I too will admit that I was one of the completists that Hasbro seems to be banking on to support some of these weaker waves, but i fear it may be having the opposite effect. Starting with last year's waves in which they started making the waves majority MCU (I was still cool with 50/50), it was the first time EVER that I didn't complete a wave. And the compulsion to do so was doused by the fact that a lot of those BAFs weren't all that appealing. I hear that from a lot of other collectors but maybe that's just cuz I'm in the echo chamber of a lot of like minded collectors. But seriously, how the hell do you not give Thanos his armor? Oh yeah, so they can use the same sculpt and jab us a 2nd time when they make Armored Thanos the BAF in one of the Avengers waves this year. Still no hide nor hair of a new comic Hulk though, I bet. It's just so frustrating at this point. So many Avengers related characters have yet to see the light of day only to see multiples of Cap and IM in every wave. Though I don't see it myself, the MCU collectors that i know seem to feel the movie figs are more popular and harder to find. Seeing that affirmation from both sides leads me to believe separate waves would both perform well. I, for one would love to see a 1 for one ratio. So for every movie wave there would be a comic wave. This way you would satisfy the MCU collectors. It seems to work at least semi successfully for Mattel (current license situation notwithstanding) cuz, at least in my area, seem to both sell equally. This would at least give us an option to choose which to collect as what they are currently doing seems to be alienating quite a few of the, what were up to this point, mainstay fans.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Still no hide nor hair of a new comic Hulk though, I bet. It's just so frustrating at this point. So many Avengers related characters have yet to see the light of day only to see multiples of Cap and IM in every wave.

You probably heard this news already but the 80 Yrs set are supposed to have a new  classic Hulk, Thor and Iron mn.