ABC Not Proceeding With Marvel Female Superheroes Drama Pilot

Outsiders

ABC has decided not to proceed with a pilot order to its Marvel drama from Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg.

ABC originally gave a production commitment back in September of 2018 for an untitled television drama about lesser-known Marvel female characters with superpowers.  It's uncertain if the untitled hourlong drama from Heinberg, Marvel Television and ABC Studios, will be redeveloped.

Details were kept quiet, but it is believed to be based on lesser-known Marvel characters with a number of fairly obscure female superhero team-ups that have appeared sporadically in Marvel comics over the years, including A-Force, Lady Liberators and Fearless Defenders.

Heinberg, who is under an overall deal at ABC Studios, is executive producing the potential series with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb.

ABC has stated that they want to stay in the Marvel business and hope more projects can be done.

“I hope there is more than we are doing together,” she told Deadline.

3 hours ago, mako said:

Honestly, I'm MORE pissed that they lost a good actress to an over-hyped yutz on a bottom-of-the barrel network who uses his low-rent Star Trek knock-off to tell us how religion is stupid and immoral . . . while continuing his day job of making a low-rent Simpsons knock-off featuring alcoholic dogs and pedophiles.

But I'm not bitter . . .

I still think McFarlane's Star Trek knock off is better than the official Star Trek show on CBS All Access, but that's not a very high bar. 

I have to agree with Mako on all points but regardless I kinda like the star trek knock off. And I could do without the immoral agendas and disrespect for religious beliefs too. And the new streaming star trek is not very good either. Sorry Sasha.

13 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

A Marvel based superhero show full of 3rd tier C grade female superheroes? Exactly who is the fan base that this woulda been geared for? Not me, that's for sure.

It's A-Force all over again, Marvel has loads of great Heroines, so lets fill it with B and C Listers

On 2/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, mako said:

No, Tacky Watuti and James "Never Shoot Your Mouth Off Unless Your Brain is Loaded" Gunn lowered the quality of the MCU. The TV shows are all that kept me going. (Though the whole "SHIELD in Space" arc last season was pushing it.)

You might be one of the few, those movies were not only blockbusters, but praised by the critics...
Still, good to know some people liked those shows, but for me and all the fans I've meet, were the lowest point, if I have to be specific, I will say Agents of SHIELD, because, all the SHIELD stuff I knew in the comics was thrown out of the window since episode 1.

Count me in as another weirdo that loves Agents of Shield, its my favorite of the mcu shows.  That said no surprise that ABC is passing on this, i'm amazed (and grateful) that they've let AoS survive this long. Honestly i feel like it could go on for a few more seasons, although i'm guessing some of the actors would opt out at some point. 

The Disney streaming stuff seems like the most promising in terms of upcoming mcu tv shows, but who knows how long before any of that stuff is ready to go.