#wf2019w - Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech Bleeding Edge Armor Iron-Man & MAFEX Cyclops Images

JayC

Sweet lord......ok to put that Cyclops with the Wolverine and the Gambit...who btw, is posed insanely well and makes me not want to see a live action Gambit unless shots like that are in it......but yeah, the pose-ability of those are ridiculous, and the fact that they're detailed & well colored too makes them hard to pass up...I read a great book about the X-men Animated cartoon last year and it's made me want to add some collectibles of the show to my collection....these absolutely might be the ticket!

Im really digging that mafex comic line the only downside is their price, I might have to buy cyclops though he looks a hell of a lot better than his ML counterpart we'll see what accessories he comes with.
That koto domino looks beautiful If i had space for statues (static larger scale figures) I'd definetely get this one.

18 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Im really digging that mafex comic line the only downside is their price, I might have to buy cyclops though he looks a hell of a lot better than his ML counterpart we'll see what accessories he comes with.
That koto domino looks beautiful If i had space for statues (static larger scale figures) I'd definetely get this one.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but I dont see it. How exactly does this figure look a hell of a lot better than the recent Marvel Legends version. I see absolutely nothing in this image that comes anywhere near warranting dropping $80+ on over the $20 one I already have. I agree we should wait and see what kind of accessories will be included before really being able to make a determination if it's worth getting but I just dont see anything here that looks better than the ML one. In fact if anything this MAFEX one looks a little on bulky side for Cyclops. He has the nickname Slim for a reason.

That Cyclops and wolverine look great. They look perfect to go with a Marvel Vs Capcom or just simply Xmen Vs Street Fighter display. I think that Cyc is pretty good and has much more accurate colors than the Legends one but that price tag is no where near as worth it if you have the Legends one already unless you are a die hard or have the scratch to spare for it. 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:25 AM, JayC said:

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but I dont see it. How exactly does this figure look a hell of a lot better than the recent Marvel Legends version. I see absolutely nothing in this image that comes anywhere near warranting dropping $80+ on over the $20 one I already have. I agree we should wait and see what kind of accessories will be included before really being able to make a determination if it's worth getting but I just dont see anything here that looks better than the ML one. In fact if anything this MAFEX one looks a little on bulky side for Cyclops. He has the nickname Slim for a reason.

I guess you might be right JayC, I probably didnt convey my thoughts well enough: Forking over $80 would only be warranted for the accesories it will have (seeing how the rest of the mafex figures come with a buch of accesories and at least 1 interchangeable head im sure he'll come with a couple optic blasts, interchangeable hands and another head), it looks also looks to have a little more articulation than the bucky mold ml used on cyclops (I do agree with you neither mafex nor ml are using the right proportions for cyclops, he should be a little leaner and a little taller than) still this propotype looks a little better in my opinion than the ML counterpart (more articulation, paint shading, the bands on the costume look better than the bulky ones on the ml figure) though I do agree with you that the difference in prices is steep and we'll have to see more of this figure to see if it's worth the extra bucks or if the ML figure is good enough (I would only buy this one if in the end it is a better figure than the ML one, this cyclops costume is probably my favorite and even though I like the ML figure if Mafex ends up making it better Id buy it, its a matter of preference I guess)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new look at Cyclops and these additional accessories def make the figure more appealing to me.

We first told you about the upcoming MAFEX Jim Lee based X-Men Cyclops figure coming from Medicom back in February when it was on display at the Wonder Festival and now we have this magazine scan that appeared on social media to show you which gives us a better look at the figure and it's accessories.

we can see from this the figure will include 2 different optic blast effects, 3 head sculpts (regular, angry and one with ruby red glasses). It also includes three alternate visors, one with a trace of optic blast coming off it, regular and one that is removable to put around the figures neck when using the headsculpt wearing the glasses.

One of the images almost make it look like the figure might have some kind of light-up effect, but that may just be the lighting used in the image, we will have to wait and see, but that would be a very cool addition.

The figure also includes alternate hands. Stay-tuned for more images and details like price and release date to come soon.

1 of 1