#wf2019w - Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech Bleeding Edge Armor Iron-Man & MAFEX Cyclops Images

JayC

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Is this scale compatible with MLs?

They're actually pretty close. There's an ever so slight difference in height with the MAFEX being just a tad bit shorter. They usually match up pretty well.

Personally I like them but that $80 is just too steep for me. I just don't see $60 worth of improvement over the ML version, no matter how many damn accessories. Additionally, I've owned a few MAFEX and they are way too brittle for my liking.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

They're actually pretty close. There's an ever so slight difference in height with the MAFEX being just a tad bit shorter. They usually match up pretty well.

Personally I like them but that $80 is just too steep for me. I just don't see $60 worth of improvement over the ML version, no matter how many damn accessories. Additionally, I've owned a few MAFEX and they are way too brittle for my liking.

Thanks. Yeah, the price point is the big negative for me. SH Figuarts, 1/12 Mezco & this line have some great figs but no way (BAFs are the exception) is a single 6' scale fig worth $60-$80-$100+ to me. Now if Hasbro were to make a 16' scaled highly articulated DOFP classic John Byrne Sentinel with light up eyes & swappable hands/heads with a buncha weapons FX accessories for $80+, I'd go for that & 2 more as  they always hunt mutants as a triad.

Official details and images for Cyclops have been released

Coming a little sooner than we expected, Medicom has released official images for their upcoming MAFEX X-Men Jim Lee Style Cyclops. The figure will stand 6.2" tall and will include 2 different optic blast effects, 3 head sculpts (regular, angry and one with ruby red glasses and no mask). It also includes two alternate visors, one with a trace of optic blast coming off it, and a regular one that is removable so you can put around the figures neck when using the headsculpt wearing the glasses. Also included will be multiple hands and stand. Look for it to be released in January 2020.

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-04.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-03.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-02.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-01.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-05.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-06.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-07.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-08.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-09.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-10.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-11.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-12.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-13.jpg

I hope Mafex continues this 90s theme both in Spider-Man and X-Men. Mafex is the sweet spot for me as far as aesthetic accuracy and dynamic posing. Marvel Legends is a nice line (and price point), but I feel like that line is more of an artistic take on the shows and comics. The only aesthetically accurate figures they try to make are from the MCU. 

I do wish that they made Wolverine’s stripes black, though. But man, this Cyclops is the one IMO. They’ve got the definitive Spider-Man already, and it’s looking like Cyclops will be definitive as well. I just wish the blast rays included a removable “impact” piece on the end. 

1 hour ago, Plasticfrogforemost said:

They’ve got the definitive Spider-Man already, and it’s looking like Cyclops will be definitive as well. 

I agree that this Cyke may be the definitive one, but I do not think Spidey is.  Had the colors been closer to the original promo shots I would be on board, but the black wash was too much 

1 hour ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I agree that this Cyke may be the definitive one, but I do not think Spidey is.  Had the colors been closer to the original promo shots I would be on board, but the black wash was too much 

I initially thought the same thing after watching reviews and seeing the wash on the blue. I think they tried to replicate comic shading style. I ended up being indifferent to it after getting it in hand. As far as possibility and aesthetics, the mafex one is the sweet spot. Like a Marvel Legend spidey with revoltech posing. But you’re right, I’d rather have the lighter blue in the promo shots

27 minutes ago, Plasticfrogforemost said:

I initially thought the same thing after watching reviews and seeing the wash on the blue. I think they tried to replicate comic shading style. I ended up being indifferent to it after getting it in hand. As far as possibility and aesthetics, the mafex one is the sweet spot. Like a Marvel Legend spidey with revoltech posing. But you’re right, I’d rather have the lighter blue in the promo shots

I think the wash makes it look ore like the McFarlane Spidey, which is not a bad thing at all.  It’s just not my cup of tea.  I will say that the magents on the hands and feet were a stroke of genius though!

On 3/23/2019 at 12:40 PM, JayC said:

Official details and images for Cyclops have been released

Coming a little sooner than we expected, Medicom has released official images for their upcoming MAFEX X-Men Jim Lee Style Cyclops. The figure will stand 6.2" tall and will include 2 different optic blast effects, 3 head sculpts (regular, angry and one with ruby red glasses and no mask). It also includes two alternate visors, one with a trace of optic blast coming off it, and a regular one that is removable so you can put around the figures neck when using the headsculpt wearing the glasses. Also included will be multiple hands and stand. Look for it to be released in January 2020.

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-04.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-03.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-02.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-01.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-05.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-06.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-07.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-08.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-09.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-10.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-11.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-12.jpg

MAFEX-Jim-Lee-Style-X-Men-Cyclops-13.jpg

The blue on Cyclops and the effects are pretty neat. I’ll pre order it as soon as it’s listed.

4 hours ago, Scruffy_Nerd said:

He looks amazing but I don't like buy figures more than $30. He would fit in great with Marvel legends xmen. 

I’m with you 100%.  The price tag is what is keeping me away from Cyke.  The tiger stripe issue and price tag on Wolvie are the two major factors there.  I just can’t justify spending what I would on almost an entire wave on one figure instead.  Maybe around Christmas time when Amazon slashes prices, but definitely not right out of the gate.