Toy Fair 2019 Official discussion

tarot

Just now, monron999 said:

Wow you're right. I guess I'm the one losing it. I swear Hasbro had already done one. I'm suffering from some serious Mandella effect right now.

your actually a third bit wrong. they did try and get one made but we voted another character (AOA Sunfire). It was a fan poll with classic Storm, Lilandra, Northstar, Aurora, Training Suit Gambit and Classic Magneto. It was the first Fan Poll Hasbro did that was during the Dark Days.

14 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Who ever said that the vintage waves would always be 100% reuse? Is that ML law? Always thought those assumptions were kinda goofy.

I suppose no one in particular ever said it, but like @tarot said, it's just a conclusion we all drew with the first 2 waves. There's Nothing new in either of them yet there were quite a few characters they coulda done in those Vintage lines had they decided to use new sculpts.

On the flip side, who ever confirmed that the X-Force wave was a vintage wave in the first place? From what I can ascertain that was just an assumption made because the rumor was that it wouldn't have a BAF, which coincidently was a symptom of the first two vintage waves. I found that assumption to be GOOFY from the jump. Did you see some vintage style cards behind Boom Boom, Cannonball, Nightcrawler or Mister Sinister? Cuz I sure the hell didn't.

17 minutes ago, BradMan said:

Can anyone confirm - does Cannonball have an alternate waist and legs?  

Nope. He's gonna be the BAF. Just kidding, he's gotta have legs, right. To be honest that Cannonball for looks really preliminary at this point. Little more than a statue. I don't even see any an crunch or diaphragm from those pics.

30 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I suppose no one in particular ever said it, but like @tarot said, it's just a conclusion we all drew with the first 2 waves. There's Nothing new in either of them yet there were quite a few characters they coulda done in those Vintage lines had they decided to use new sculpts.

On the flip side, who ever confirmed that the X-Force wave was a vintage wave in the first place? From what I can ascertain that was just an assumption made because the rumor was that it wouldn't have a BAF, which coincidently was a symptom of the first two vintage waves. I found that assumption to be GOOFY from the jump. Did you see some vintage style cards behind Boom Boom, Cannonball, Nightcrawler or Mister Sinister? Cuz I sure the hell didn't.

I think it was that Rectangular fellow.

But I can imagine them all looking way cooler on the vintage cards. Love the retro looks.

Is there already a way to open them without fudging up the packaging?

1 hour ago, nieman257 said:

The Vintage wave did have some new sculpts. Iron Man in Wave 1. 

Perhaps the bottom half of Cannonball is an enclosure effect

No sir, I have them both. Aside from the color scheme they are identical. Some prelim pics looked like they mighta retooled the legs to make him taller but it must have been an optical illusion. I've been unable to locate that pic on line as well.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Only thing "new" on that short Ironman was the boots/gauntlets were thinner, that  was all. Had they added just 1/2 inch  to the scale, he woulda been a buy for me.  Is that X-Factor Cyke gonna be from the vintage wave?

I had heard they were a bit slimmer from some collectors but side by side mine are indistinguishable. I wonder if there was some kinda running change or possibly a change in materials. The older one seems to be a bit more rigid. At least mine does.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Only thing "new" on that short Ironman was the boots/gauntlets were thinner, that  was all. Had they added just 1/2 inch  to the scale, he woulda been a buy for me.  Is that X-Factor Cyke gonna be from the vintage wave?

I had heard they were a bit slimmer from some collectors but side by side mine are indistinguishable. I wonder if there was some kinda running change or possibly a change in materials. The older one seems to be a bit more rigid. At least mine does.

2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I think it was that Rectangular fellow.

But I can imagine them all looking way cooler on the vintage cards. Love the retro looks.

Is there already a way to open them without fudging up the packaging?

Lol. It was bothering me so I looked it up and though Rektangular said that was no indication that it may be a classic wave or modern wave or maybe a mixture of the two, it was actually our very own JC that wondered if it might be a vintage style wave as the listings seemed to indicate no BAF. It just kinda grew legs from there and almost became a foregone conclusion. If he ever doubted his word has power in the ML community here's the proof otherwise. I personally hold out the hope that the BAF is just top secret for now only to be revealed with much fanfare sometime in the near future.

Back when Hasbro made that version of  "Neo classic" Ironman, they were working with some bad bucks & they tried adding the moonwalker boots & gauntlets to it & it just didn't work on that buck. I'm sure if Hasbro revisits that version of Ironman, they will do a far better job of it using a newer buck.  I really do want Hasbro to take another crack at this awesome version of Ironman. Their 1st attempts at this version of Ironman fell short.

Iron Man 231.JPG

Ironman Neo classic ML version with big boots gauntlets.jpg

Ironman Neo classic ML version with skinny boots gauntlets.jpg