tarot

Toy Fair 2019 Official discussion

At work at moment so cant go in debt yet but if anyone says hasbro doesnt listen kick them in the balls

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Crap! The Captain American Riders is WWII with military bike. Not even close to what i was expecting. At least it's a new sculpt I guess. Colossus is classic and Korg is MCU. And Thor is awesome.

I was kinda hoping they would go with a WWII era bike. I just wish we could get a regular Cap who could ride it (ie gripping hands).

Uuhmmm, not to be a perve but I am a stickler for accuracy. Where the heck are Emma's boobs?

Seriously @tarot, what is Fan Channel.

2 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Uuhmmm, not to be a perve but I am a stickler for accuracy. Where the heck are Emma's boobs?

People are saying it means etailers like BBTS and EE. Basically a shared exclusive. Poor wording I think.

But the biggest question that must be answered........................................Where is the Wendigo?

1 minute ago, tarot said:

People are saying it means etailers like BBTS and EE. Basically a shared exclusive. Poor wording I think.

But the biggest question that must be answered........................................Where is the Wendigo?

Dude, now that we know X-Force is not a vintage wave he's gotta be the BAF.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Dude, now that we know X-Force is not a vintage wave he's gotta be the BAF.

I thought it was vintage? However I'm thinking we may get or Strong guy in that wave.

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Yeah dude, I know Hasbro has been toning the boobage down some in the last year, but Emma is known for the twins though...

I have seen people saying Hydro Man or Scorpion is the BAF. It should be known that the baf is neither of them as they use regular build to make them. Hydroman uses the MCU Luke Cage body with Scorion using another body I can't remember.

16 minutes ago, tarot said:

I thought it was vintage? However I'm thinking we may get or Strong guy in that wave.

I can't be vintage. Per your own explanation, vintage waves are all repaints. All the reveals are new.

Just now, monron999 said:

I can't be vintage. Per your own explanation, vintage waves are all repaints. All the reveals are new.

Hands Up. I was wrong. I mean look at Silver Samurai. That's in the Vintage line and that's all new.

1 minute ago, tarot said:

Hands Up. I was wrong. I mean look at Silver Samurai. That's in the Vintage line and that's all new.

Dude, you're losing it. That's the same Silver Samurai from the TRU exclusive wave.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

Dude, you're losing it. That's the same Silver Samurai from the TRU exclusive wave.

nope all new. this is the first ever silver samurai. there was a mu scale one though.

Who ever said that the vintage waves would always be 100% reuse? Is that ML law? Always thought those assumptions were kinda goofy.

5 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Who ever said that the vintage waves would always be 100% reuse? Is that ML law? Always thought those assumptions were kinda goofy.

because the first 2 wave were nothing but reuse/repaint/kitpashes.

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

nope all new. this is the first ever silver samurai. there was a mu scale one though.

Wow you're right. I guess I'm the one losing it. I swear Hasbro had already done one. I'm suffering from some serious Mandella effect right now.

Just now, monron999 said:

Wow you're right. I guess I'm the one losing it. I swear Hasbro had already done one. I'm suffering from some serious Mandella effect right now.

your actually a third bit wrong. they did try and get one made but we voted another character (AOA Sunfire). It was a fan poll with classic Storm, Lilandra, Northstar, Aurora, Training Suit Gambit and Classic Magneto. It was the first Fan Poll Hasbro did that was during the Dark Days.

14 minutes ago, tarot said:

because the first 2 wave were nothing but reuse/repaint/kitpashes.

Yeah, I understand that but.. still.

BEST. TOY FAIR. EVERRRRR :)

14 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

I suppose no one in particular ever said it, but like @tarot said, it's just a conclusion we all drew with the first 2 waves. There's Nothing new in either of them yet there were quite a few characters they coulda done in those Vintage lines had they decided to use new sculpts.

On the flip side, who ever confirmed that the X-Force wave was a vintage wave in the first place? From what I can ascertain that was just an assumption made because the rumor was that it wouldn't have a BAF, which coincidently was a symptom of the first two vintage waves. I found that assumption to be GOOFY from the jump. Did you see some vintage style cards behind Boom Boom, Cannonball, Nightcrawler or Mister Sinister? Cuz I sure the hell didn't.

39 minutes ago, monron999 said:

You're thinking of Stryfe!

17 minutes ago, BradMan said:

Can anyone confirm - does Cannonball have an alternate waist and legs?  

Nope. He's gonna be the BAF. Just kidding, he's gotta have legs, right. To be honest that Cannonball for looks really preliminary at this point. Little more than a statue. I don't even see any an crunch or diaphragm from those pics.

30 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I suppose no one in particular ever said it, but like @tarot said, it's just a conclusion we all drew with the first 2 waves. There's Nothing new in either of them yet there were quite a few characters they coulda done in those Vintage lines had they decided to use new sculpts.

On the flip side, who ever confirmed that the X-Force wave was a vintage wave in the first place? From what I can ascertain that was just an assumption made because the rumor was that it wouldn't have a BAF, which coincidently was a symptom of the first two vintage waves. I found that assumption to be GOOFY from the jump. Did you see some vintage style cards behind Boom Boom, Cannonball, Nightcrawler or Mister Sinister? Cuz I sure the hell didn't.

I think it was that Rectangular fellow.

But I can imagine them all looking way cooler on the vintage cards. Love the retro looks.

Is there already a way to open them without fudging up the packaging?

The Vintage wave did have some new sculpts. Iron Man in Wave 1. 

Perhaps the bottom half of Cannonball is an enclosure effect

Only thing "new" on that short Ironman was the boots/gauntlets were thinner, that  was all. Had they added just 1/2 inch  to the scale, he woulda been a buy for me.  Is that X-Factor Cyke gonna be from the vintage wave?