Hulu Announces New Slate Of Marvel Animated Shows

JayC

Hulu today announced they will be launching a slew of new shows based on Marvel Comics characters. It will be a self-contained animated like universe which will include obscure characters such as MODOK, Hit Monkey, Howard The Duck, Tigra & Dazzler. They will also have a team based special called The Offenders.

In “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” M.O.D.O.K, an egomaniacal Super Villain with a really big head and a really little body, struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.” comes from writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt, with Blum, Oswalt and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.

“Marvel’s Hit Monkey” tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. “Marvel’s Hit Monkey” comes from writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck, with Gordon, Speck and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.

In “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” two woke Super Heroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show” comes from writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler, with Rivinoja, Handler, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.

Trapped in a world he never made, America’s favorite fighting fowl Howard the Duck hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu, in “Marvel’s Howard the Duck.” “Marvel’s Howard the Duck” comes from writersKevin Smith and Dave Willis, with Smith, Willis, and Jeph Loeb serving as Executive Producers.

Finally, nobody asked them to, and we’d be better off if they didn’t, but M.O.D.O.K., Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe in “Marvel’s The Offenders.” Jeph Loeb serves as Executive Producer, while writers and additional Executive Producers for the project will be announced at a later point.

Look for these to hit the streaming service starting later this year.

1 of 1

I can barley conceive the idea that a monkey, a duck and modok can get their own animated series. Now Dazzler and Tygra ok, I can see them having cameo's from several marvel characters, hero's and villains. But modok, the duck and monkey are better for cameo appearances. Then again nobody really asked me. OH well, good luck on this one guys.

9 hours ago, MRT said:

It's been over 20 years, how about a reboot of X-men: TAS?

LOL, I almost guarantee these will be done know where near in the serious manner of X-Men TAS. Cartoons today have to be silly and have all the characters look like animals or kids. Look at Tigra. No bikini wearing woman there, she looks like she's maybe 15-17 years old. 

I'm actually looking forward to these.  They may be horrible, but I'm definitely going to give them a try.

And I agree, with whoever brought up the Sharon Carter / Dazzler thing.  Don't really understand why they didn't give Dazzler a look that would make her more recognizable other than the disco ball necklace.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, JayC said:

LOL, I almost guarantee these will be done know where near in the serious manner of X-Men TAS. Cartoons today have to be silly and have all the characters look like animals or kids. Look at Tigra. No bikini wearing woman there, she looks like she's maybe 15-17 years old. 

Yeah, especially Marvel these days. Atleast DC brought back Young Justice and have those animated movies.

Look like massive bombs, all of em.  Must be catering to the under 12 crowd kiddie crowd. When is someone gonna do a " tales of the classic MU type animated series where the animation is top notch & features animated versions of "classic tales of the Marvel Universe, featuring theAvengers/X-Men/DD/Spidey/ IF & Powerman/Defenders/Alpha Flight/FF/Hulk/Silver Surfer comic book stories from the 60s/70s, 80s, &  even 90s.  I'd love to see an animated version of such classic story lines as " DOFP based on Byrnes art, some Avengers vs Ultron/Count Nefaria story arcs based on Perez art as well as FF classic story arcs based on Perez & Byrne's art.

The 90s 2nd season of the FF show was very Byrne influenced animation wise & had great episodes in it based on classic comic stories & great animation. That is what I'd like to see as a future Marvel animated type show.

• 4 weeks later...