Marvel Legends Celebrates 80 Years Of Marvel Comics With New Anniversary Sub Line From Hasbro

JayC

Rumors have been circulating for weeks thanks to some listing leaks via Amazon for a new sub line of 6" Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro celebrating Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary. This new teaser image has hit the net pretty much confirming those rumors and giving us out first look at the 1st Appearance Wolverine and Hulk 2-Pack. Also shown are Captain America, Alex Ross Iron Man and Thor figures.

Other rumored sets include the likes of Juggernaut Vs Colossus and Captain American with Peggy Carter. Stay-tuned for more details on these to be revealed possibly later today or tomorrow at 1:30PM ET when Hasbro coverage of the New York Toy Fair officially begins.

The image is from Hasbro's Investor Event at 2019 Toy Fair report.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those figures of the Big Three will definitely be must-gets for me. A shiny classic Iron Man with improved mold (which I hope becomes a new base for future retro Iron Man armor releases), and a Captain America with scalemail. They have the potential to become the indispensable centerpiece for any Avengers display. I'm already content but I'm still hoping that the announcement shows the figures with plenty of accesories.

What I'm seeing here is a dream come true for me.  I love these versions of the Big Three, I love this Wolverine design, and that Hulk looks like the exact version I've wanted for years.  And the rumor of a Peggy Carter?  That's just icing on the cake for me.  Count me in on these.

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

For those think that the hulk might be a repaint of the MCU version, NOPE! this seems to be using the Juggernaut base with new leg and arms.

Y'know, I started to see if I could decipher any reuse and the shoulder/bicep area reminded me of Juggernaut's . That size will be great, I'm just hoping he's ends up taller than Juggs with the new legs specifically for Hulk. Couple that with a head more naturally set on the neck and he should be a beast of a fig

That classic Hulk better come with 2 sets of hands, both fist & Open/grabbing hands.  The big 3 look great & classic Thor/Ironman were extremely long overdue. I hope Hasbro re-releases that Ironman in his more classic Red/Yellow colors as that's my fav look of BA Ironman. Hope that the War machine fig is classic 80s looking as well. Now where's classic Falcon, Yellowjacket,  80s Herc at?

Not big on that Thor figure as I have the original ToyBiz version and wasn't a big fan. Be interested in seeing the Peggy Carter and Captain "American" set. ;)

Why does everybody always harp on Hulk being bigger/taller than so & so?  The movies really messed it up for non comic fans who seem to think Hulk was some super giant in the comics. His 1st app Grey form was only 6'6 then when he mutated to the Green version, he went up to 7ft hence the "Jade Giant" nickname. Is being a 7ft 1000lb character not big enough?  

The Thing was always a 6ft 500lb character, that's what made his battles with the Hulk, legendary. He knew he wasn't in the Hulk's class in either hgt/weight, but still threw down with him. Now he's a 7ft 1000lb giant as well, so now you gotta make the Hulk a 8-9ft 2000lb guy just to still look bigger than the Thing. Sasquatch is 10ft, 2000lbs, now the Hulk is almost his size, c'mon now. Stop with the size upgrade on certain characters for no real logit reasons other than BS artistic license!

Cosmic rays haven't mutated the other 3 members of the FF but only Ben, yeah, OK.

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

For those think that the hulk might be a repaint of the MCU version, NOPE! this seems to be using the Juggernaut base with new leg and arms.

Well i'm pretty sure juggernaut had an ab crunch and this hulk looks to be a diaphragm joint. I would think this figure is almost all new sculpt which is better any way. And your eyes are really good, you can see what looks to be a butterfly joint. 

2 minutes ago, Ostevns said:

Not going to lie I am a movie verse junky but I love to have some classic looks, for collection sake.

Good you collect movie figs i'll collect comic figs, and we can trade movie for comic figs, specially bafs. 

Im very curious about that Hulk fig, I hope he ends up finally being the pivotal definitive comic hulk and dethrones the toybiz faceoff hulk. Tall order tho, I already dont like the super neon green BUT if the sculpt is nice, it wont matter. Also very interested in seeing closer looks at these new classic avengers renditions. Gonna be a sick Toyfair!

It's weird, I always assumed when a new comic Hulk came out it would be done on the Ragnarok Hulk buck as it was almost perfect. But seeing this one makes me realize I was wrong. It looks like some mish mash of all the best parts from several figures and it just screams out Hulk. I really do think the diaphragm joint works out much better on some of these larger figures, and the addition of butterflies is icing on the cake. Also, I really hope the classic Iron Man comes with a Horned Mask swap sculpt. Thor looks like an up scaled version of the TB one. Even the face looks almost exactly the same, which is cool cuz there wasn't a damn thing wrong with it other than the fact that it doesn't scale with current ML. What exactly qualifies that Cap as an Alex Ross version? Is it just a simple darker color scheme? No complaints from me this go around, Hasbro. Now, let's talk about that price point.

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Im very curious about that Hulk fig, I hope he ends up finally being the pivotal definitive comic hulk and dethrones the toybiz faceoff hulk. Tall order tho, I already dont like the super neon green BUT if the sculpt is nice, it wont matter. Also very interested in seeing closer looks at these new classic avengers renditions. Gonna be a sick Toyfair!

The neon green matches the source material of Hulk #181. Which makes me even more excited.