Marvel Legends Celebrates 80 Years Of Marvel Comics With New Anniversary Sub Line From Hasbro

JayC

Extremely happy at all the classic comic based love that we are getting this yr from the ML line. I don't think that the MCU fanbase can complain about anything as they also got quite a few requested MCU figs done for 2019 as well. 

That classic 70s-80s Colossus is a thing of beauty & the only version of him I'll ever need. Nightcrawler as well. That Silver Samurai is a HR as well. 80s Dazzler is great too! That Mr Sinister came out great but I've just never been a huge fan of the character. That chain mail Cap & classic Thor will be mine. I'm on the fence about that Ironman unless it also includes the optional classic comic book helmet as well.  Classic Hulk/FA Wolvie, Mags/Pietro/Wanda packs are awesome & I already pre-ordered the mutant family pack. The addition of 2 more X-force members is great! Totally stoked at getting another member of the serpent society in Rock Python!  Was hoping to get a few more Alpha Flight core members to go along with that awesome Vindicator/Guardian. Classic Scorpion , yesssssss!  Hydro man looks good as well.  Not a big fan of AOA Wolvy but I know he's been asked for.  That classic Juggs is a must have as well. Guess I'll be selling off the other one.

Wonder if Hasbro still has a few more figs to show us tomorrow?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Extremely happy at all the classic comic based love that we are getting this yr from the ML line. I don't think that the MCU fanbase can complain about anything as they also got quite a few requested MCU figs done for 2019 as well. 

That classic 70s-80s Colossus is a thing of beauty & the only version of him I'll ever need. Nightcrawler as well. That Silver Samurai is a HR as well. 80s Dazzler is great too! That Mr Sinister came out great but I've just never been a huge fan of the character. That chain mail Cap & classic Thor will be mine. I'm on the fence about that Ironman unless it also includes the optional classic comic book helmet as well.  Classic Hulk/FA Wolvie, Mags/Pietro/Wanda packs are awesome & I already pre-ordered the mutant family pack. The addition of 2 more X-force members is great! Totally stoked at getting another member of the serpent society in Rock Python!  Was hoping to get a few more Alpha Flight core members to go along with that awesome Vindicator/Guardian. Classic Scorpion , yesssssss!  Hydro man looks good as well.  Not a big fan of AOA Wolvy but I know he's been asked for.  That classic Juggs is a must have as well. Guess I'll be selling off the other one.

Wonder if Hasbro still has a few more figs to show us tomorrow?

nope. one day and that's it. It that way for most companies.

Hasbro nailed that Hulk! I would love to see some alt hands, too, but the sculpt, asthetic and that head sculpt are so spot on that I'm not gonna complain one bit about this figure!! That Wolvie is also perfect! (Now all we need is that Wendigo BAF and we'll have the trio from Hulk #181)

I'm loving the "Alex Ross" Thor, Iron Man and Cap. Finally, a real chain-mail Cap from Hasbro! And I really like the head sculpt on Cap far better than the one they had been using on all their other Caps.

Also excited to see a classic Colossus! Finally! We're soooo close to having all the iconic looks for most of the X-Men characters! Hurry up with the "Jim Lee" Storm, Hasbro!

I thought the Hulk comes with both open/closed hands? Cap looks to be coming with  another alternate headsculpt as well. I hope Thor comes with an alternate mean looking scowl headsculpt as well as open hands & fists. That torn up Helmet for Juggs is awesome & will come in handy for when he throws down with either Thor or the Hulk.

These reveals this weekend blew me away. We'd already heard who the rumored characters would be but they did not disappoint with final sculpts. I'm most pumped for the new definitive Hulk, Colossus, Thor, and Captain America, in that order. Iron Man, I'll probably pass on. His helmet is weird and there's already other good Iron Men out there.

Colossus seems to be using the same body as the Warlock wave Colossus from what I can tell. I was hoping maybe for a slightly bigger (very slightly) body. But overall no complaints. Hasbro knocked it out of the park. And the Hulk is one I've always wanted (in bulk, size, color, appearance)! Previous versions of him were thin compared with bulky Juggernaut. Plus, butterfly joints on a large figure? Awesome!

And Hasbro seems to have listened to fan complaints about big-headed Captain America from the Red Skull wave with a better head sculpt, plus the additional improvements of chainmail and a deeper shade of blue.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Be nice if Hasbro also gives us a classic 80s Beta Ray Bill to go with classic Thor. That modern version they chose to go with leaves much to be desired imo & no one asked for that version..  Make this happen Hasbro!

Beta Ray Bill classic version.jpg

I agree that a classic Beta Ray Bill would have been better. His muted modern colors aren't as cool as the vibrant colors of his classic outfit. His Stormbreaker seems too massive too. Hopefully we get the 80s version of him in the future, to go along with classic Thor.

I just looked at the Toy Fair photos of him again and it looks like maybe his cape is removable. One side of the cape has come unclasped in the photos. If so, that's a cool detail. For older versions of Thor, the capes were always such a hassle, preventing Thor from standing properly.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Was hoping to get a few more Alpha Flight core members to go along with that awesome Vindicator/Guardian.

I would love to get more Alpha Flight members too like Shaman and Box. But Guardian is a good addition. They just gave us Sasquatch, even though he's too short. I was hoping Diamond Select would give us a bigger Sasquatch in their 7" scale but so far, every time someone asks them about Sasquatch, they respond they have no plans to make him.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, JayC said:
Rumors have been circulating for weeks thanks to some listing leaks via Amazon for a new sub line of 6" Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro celebrating Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary. This new teaser image has hit the net pretty much confirming those rumors and giving us out first look at the 1st Appearance Wolverine and Hulk 2-Pack. Also shown are Captain America, Alex Ross Iron Man and Thor figures.

Other rumored sets include the likes of Juggernaut Vs Colossus and Captain American with Peggy Carter. Stay-tuned for more details on these to be revealed possibly later today or tomorrow at 1:30PM ET when Hasbro coverage of the New York Toy Fair officially begins.

The image is from Hasbro's Investor Event at 2019 Toy Fair report.

01.jpg

02.jpg

This could be the best versions of these characters apart from Logan but wow these look amazing. Most looking forward to the Hulk the green machine is back.

47 minutes ago, tarot said:

actually looking at the Iron Man it seem Ross based it on the bolted head suit rather then the classic.

ironman19bolted.jpg?w=350&h=&zoom=2

All the elements and details in the figure coincide with the Classic Armor. The hip pods, the position of the circles on the sides of the unibeam, the bigger cuffs, and the "underwear" portion looking more like a speedo than a boxer. I'd only say the helmet looks slightly more retro than I'd like to.

Damn this Cap is amazing, love dark blue color on him, Marvel Legends finally has definitive Cap. Thor is also great looking figure but Iron man, eh.. or more precisely his paint job is huge problem, why do they keep painting him in this awesome metallic paints if they gonna use molded plastic that is far cry from prototype... It's sad really. I would gladly pay 30 bucks if they just painted him right way, if Marvel Select can do this for their 7 inch Iron men under 25 so can Hasbro. 

1 minute ago, SpiderS said:

Damn this Cap is amazing, love dark blue color on him, Marvel Legends finally has definitive Cap. Thor is also great looking figure but Iron man, eh.. or more precisely his paint job is huge problem, why do they keep painting him in this awesome metallic paints if they gonna use molded plastic that is far cry from prototype... It's sad really. I would gladly pay 30 bucks if they just painted him right way, if Marvel Select can do this for their 7 inch Iron men under 25 so can Hasbro. 

Hasbro has said that the one in the box was an extremely early prototype. Hasbro will have is painted (they forced that point as not molded in the colors) in the colors of the loose figure.