Marvel Legends Celebrates 80 Years Of Marvel Comics With New Anniversary Sub Line From Hasbro

JayC

11 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

That classic Ironman buck lends itself to numerous other armors such as the "nose" helmet, the pointy mask version & a stealth version. I also think they will use it in a 'vintage wave" in it's more classic red/yellow look with hopefully one of the other helmets I mentioned.

iron_man_classic_armor.jpg

And use it as the base of a classic War Machine possibly. Gah, I hope he's not too far off.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, JayC said:
Rumors have been circulating for weeks thanks to some listing leaks via Amazon for a new sub line of 6" Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro celebrating Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary. This new teaser image has hit the net pretty much confirming those rumors and giving us out first look at the 1st Appearance Wolverine and Hulk 2-Pack. Also shown are Captain America, Alex Ross Iron Man and Thor figures.

Other rumored sets include the likes of Juggernaut Vs Colossus and Captain American with Peggy Carter. Stay-tuned for more details on these to be revealed possibly later today or tomorrow at 1:30PM ET when Hasbro coverage of the New York Toy Fair officially begins.

The image is from Hasbro's Investor Event at 2019 Toy Fair report.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Very geeked for this line myself, time to break out old comics for some classic style pictures.

21 hours ago, tarot said:

You should know he comes with a traditional classic helmet as well.

is that true? Id idn't see listings for the Thor / Cap / Iron Man figure to show extras and attachments...is it somewhere and I missed it?

10 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah the addition of the "classic" head moves  this figure from a "maybe" purchase to a "must-have" for me.  The only other comic IM fig i have is that GotG version from the movie wave, so this will be a huge upgrade!

Anybody else think one of the 80th anniversary packs will have the fabled Stan Lee figure?

if you want a more modern one I really suggest you track down the Black Panther wave Iron Man. It is the best modern figure of IM any company has done.

and no I don't think Stan Lee's figure will come out in this line. There is still a whole legal issue with his former business manager that Marvel (let alone Hasbro) has to work through.

11 hours ago, tarot said:

Yep. if you look at the pack images in the showroom, you can see the 2 extra head he comes with.

I didn't see those pix yet!! omg, thank you....I think when I last saw that page the pic load was up to maybe 195 images........wow, those last ones are truly incredible. From a beat-up Juggernaut.......which, granted, never happens. I love Colossus but normally Juggy smacks him around....and that Iron Man, to have a Tony Stark head as he holds his helmet?! so so classic... I love it, ditto for ultimate classic Cap; I swear that might be the best paint job / representation of color I've ever seen on an action figure......still not feeling the Thor..something about him is too passive for me...but with that Iron Man and Cap, and the Hulk vs. Wolverine set is a dream come true, ....this has been the best Toy Fair in awhile.

14 hours ago, galahad33 said:

still not feeling the Thor..something about him is too passive for me...

Yeah, I was initially underwhelmed by the reveal of Thor in the stock image against the white background. I showed the gf and she said he looks like a girl, which I agreed with. But since seeing other photos in the showroom, he has grown on me and he looks better in those photos. He does look passive and has a very blank expression but I think I was expecting that when it was first revealed that he would be inspired by Alex Ross art, which is photorealistic, looking like a real person dressed up as Thor, and often depicts Thor standing serenely. So I expected it would not be a dynamic figure, oozing energy. Alex Ross doesn't do that. His art exudes more quiet power and stately poses. But either way, a classic costumed Thor was a must-have for me.

9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, I was initially underwhelmed by the reveal of Thor in the stock image against the white background. I showed the gf and she said he looks like a girl, which I agreed with. But since seeing other photos in the showroom, he has grown on me and he looks better in those photos. He does look passive and has a very blank expression but I think I was expecting that when it was first revealed that he would be inspired by Alex Ross art, which is photorealistic, looking like a real person dressed up as Thor, and often depicts Thor standing serenely. So I expected it would not be a dynamic figure, oozing energy. Alex Ross doesn't do that. His art exudes more quiet power and stately poses. But either way, a classic costumed Thor was a must-have for me.

see, I'll throw one word into your description of Alex Ross' art (very well described, btw, and got me thinking what adjectives I would use) but there is a regal'ness to his art, especially with Asgardians, that I think this figure doesn't quite capture......that said, is it a bad figure? Absolutely not. and this Toy Fair from Hasbro feels so diverse, so rich and well-rounded, I think this was their best showing. Truly, something (or on this site, a few somethings!) for everybody.

That Classic Thor is a must-have for me, also. 
So is the Captain America, the IronMan, The Hulk, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch... Loki... 
and so many others.  But this 80th Anniversary Line ... mightAvengers_Vol_1_16.thumb.jpg.87c8600d3ff49bda6f7372fdc46f478e.jpg just 'work in' some more of the Marvel/Timely Characters I would love to see.
The Original Human Torch, Toro, a 1940's Namor, Captain America and Bucky, a Red Skull in a green Nazi jumpsuit, The Whizzer, Miss America, ( The All-Winners Squad) .... 
and maybe others like Stan Lee's first super-hero... The Destroyer... 
and maybe The Angel, The S&K Vision, ... and any number of (Timely) Marvel Golden Age Characters.
With so many Avengers... maybe we could see some early Silver Age characters like: 
Giant-Man and The Wasp, Rick Jones, Wonder Man, ... Kang, the Conqueror... Zemo, ...The Executioner.... The Melter,  ...The Black Knight ??? .... and who KNOWS who else.!! 
I hope this line opens up ... The Silver Age... and The Golden Age to those of us who love these Marvel characters.  

Like I said, ... I really hope this 80th Anniversary line .... does open up the possibilities of more Golden Age characters being offered to us: 
One of my first groups that I really liked was ... The ALL-WINNERS SQUAD...All_Winners_Comics_Vol_1_19.thumb.jpg.81a5128491660aeb2c414812cf25f125.jpg
I would love to have an Original Human Torch, Toro, '40's Captain America and Bucky, a 1940's Namor, The Sub-Mariner...with that wonderful trianglar head of his, ... and I would love to have The Whizzer and Miss America.!! 
That would be soooo Great to have these wonderful Golden Age Super-Heroes as Action Figures in my collection.!!  

As for other wonderful Golden Age (Timely) Marvel Super-Heroes that Hasbro COULD work into this Anniversary Celebration... Line....
How about Stan Lee's first Super-Hero he ever wrote for???: ...
3802010-stanleedestroyer.thumb.jpg.1ac5bf6849d009309d1c919315ca5871.jpgTHE DESTROYER....

Keen Marlow... 
To me, ... this guy was 'too cool for school' ... just a GREAT looking Super-hero ... That should have been an Action Figure a long time ago.!! 

He fought those Nazis ... with the best of them... images-2.thumb.jpeg.b893818b57d7c955a755d47d8c2534ed.jpeg
To me, ... he DEFINITELY  deserves to be set in plastic as an Action Figure...!!!

... and again... I would like to make a 'pitch' for ... Captain America's best pal...
BUCKY....bucky.thumb.jpg.5e7b0175b6fd09cb2f6cb9612f1843e9.jpg
I've been hoping for him... ever since we first got a good Captain America ... and  a good Namor... 
(BUCKY'S last figure was dreadful.) ... 
To get Bucky and Toro... two of the YOUNG ALLIES ... would be just wonderful...!!! 180px-Young_Allies_Comics_Issue_1.thumb.jpg.3a215278bce2650184b12ec06a323691.jpg

REALLY, ... all of the heroes I'm requesting shouldn't be out of the question.
This MARVEL'S ANNOTATED just hit the stands ... today... so, many do realize these wonderful heroes are, indeed, in Marvel's history... clean.thumb.jpg.667025fa0f9f3aa96985d4d2edc1d9df.jpg

And not too awfully long ago ... 
there was ...

The Marvel Project ....! !
images-2.thumb.jpeg.36b4e39a25c38332f2d435406b7db53d.jpeg
And I didn't even mention ...The Angel, ... The Black Marvel...Blazing Skull...
and some of the other Marvel Heroes than I would have liked to bring into the discussion about ... Action Figures.!! 

So, ... I'll quit for now... but I really do hope that this Marvel Legends Celebration of 80 years of Marvel... does bring in these heroes... for us to add to our Marvel Action Figure Collection. 
Fingers crossed... hopefully.!!!

11 hours ago, Podtera said:

Has anybody figured out how much these will cost? I’m assuming $24.99 for the single figures. And $39.99 for the two packs?? 

Single figures are either $19.99 or $24.99 depending on the figure. Most two-packs are $49.99 but it's $59.99 for larger two-packs like Hulk/Wolverine and Colossus/Juggernaut.

8 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Rektangular indicated that the Hulk set and Jugg set were up for pre-order, but i'm not sure where.

alot of etailer just put up preorder before they even get a date for them, particularly right after something has been announced. I wouldn't trust those sites. Wait for sites like Robotkingdom before jumping the gun.