FASVB

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

That is on purpose. That is the penciler. Typical Todd McFarlane artwork. JayC mantioned in his coverage I guess

I've been trying to search on youtube if anyone has uploaded the Hasbro slide show presentation yet. No such luck.

I remember in years past there's always that person that uploads the ML presentation where the Hasbro guys are seated on a long table and they do a slow reveal with power point.

All I've seen so far is a Q&A with Dwight and Ryan Ting on the convention floor next to the displays. I've also watched The Fwoosh guys' video where they reveal things mentioned at the presentation (like Cannonball not coming with legs, or Nightcrawler with 3 heads, etc).

19 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

I'm disappointed Hasbro regressed back to making Thor way too big. I know the BiB posse thinks this is great (as they couldn't care less about accurate scaling), but it's just ridiculous! Thor is going to be taller/larger than Beta Ray Bill (Who's 6'7 to Thor's 6'6), and will TOWER over Hercules and Iron Man (In armor, Stark is 6'6. Do NOT play the "well he's drawn" card. That's an artist's opinion expressed through art. Iron Man, like Thor...is listed at 6'6.  Out of armor, he's 6'1 so the majority of the pics shown IM too short). He's bigger 9-3 o'clock, not 12-6) That figure looks larger than Colossus (7'5) and AS large as the Hulk (I guess the BiB's remedy for that is "make Hulk bigger". Geez).

BiB?

13 hours ago, Benn said:

They're just making up for lost time with the X-Men. Other than a hard-to-find Toys 'R Us exclusive wave, there were 14 Infinite series waves before we saw any X-Men. And then they got one wave per year for two years before they started getting peppered into Deadpool waves and getting spin-off stuff and exclusives. There's honestly not much in the Marvel Universe that couldn't be grouped with Avengers, Spider-Man, or X-Men. I guess the Inhumans could use more love? What stuff would you like to see more of? I actually think they've been doing a decent job sneaking the weird stuff into the big three lines.

Yeah... I know that Hasbro is making up for lost time, and I'm sure I'd be delighted if I were an X-Men fan. Even though I wish Hasbro shifted the attention from the X-Men and Spider-Man, I know that it's selfish on my part to basically wish fans of these characters got less figures (especially the X-Men, not so much for Spider-Man).

As for the families of which characters I wish Hasbro focused on? The members of the Avengers that can hold their own waves. Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and Thor. I know that all of these characters individually have gotten plenty of figures over the years, but they're mostly MCU-inspired, and their supporting characters and villains are often neglected. While Thor got a wave in 2017 and Cap two in 2016, the last Iron Man-centric wave happened six years ago, and the last Hulk-centric wave eleven years ago.

As an Iron Man fan, I often feel jealous of the amount of characters from Spider-Man's corner that Hasbro pumps out every year with every Spidey-centric wave. Sometimes it feels like they're about to scratch the bottom of the barrel. I'd love to see at least one wave focused on Iron Man once in a while, so Hasbro can get their hands on his supporting cast and villains. War Machine, Rescue, Ironheart, Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Controller, Spymaster, Whiplash and a big "etc" are figures waiting to get made. Iron Man himself is a near-infinite pool of equally important variants of the same character. In the case of Spider-Man, in order to get a version of the character in each wave, Hasbro has already resorted to flavor-of-the-month and obscure variants of Spider-Man.

In general, I wish Hasbro focused on topical characters and modern versions of characters. Modern Loki, Pymtron, Extremis Iron Man, War of the Realms Thor, Modern Doctor Strange, Nadia Van Dyne and Robbie Reyes are some figures that come to mind.

@ADour I agree that other character need a wave or two. But the fact is, Spider-man sells. some may whine about the amount of figure he gets but at least Hasbro always tries to make them different every time with some Not even being Spidey or from an alternate universe.

But I do agree that Hasbro needs to give the big 4 (not 3) their own waves. Since all 4 are "leaving" the MCU, maybe it might be time to do sometime like a Marvel Heroes sub-line where they based a certain hero each wave. like do the money grabber Iron Man first, then hulk, then cap, Thor and a random character (like Daredevil) then circle back to Iron Man. Maybe do 2 waves a year. 

Hell since the vintage line is doing so well make an Iron Man vintage line that is based on the 90's tpy line. F4 could also do with one as well as Hulk. Hell, even silver surfer had a vintage line. X-men finally got them so let other vintage line get a update.

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

Come on! That one is his first appearance. That one is a classic.  So Is see you are not the biggest Logan fan. 

to each his own, but honestly between vintage wave wolverine, tiger stripe wolverine, and old man logan I'm pretty much set for Logan figs, especially with Weapon X coming in the Caliban wave and presumably an x-force wolverine coming at some point.  In contrast, this is the 1st classic Hulk figure that Hasbro has made so naturally people are going to view him as the highlight of the set.  Nothing wrong with FA Wolverine but i think a lot of people will be looking to sell him after they buy the 2-pack ( I know i will)

15 minutes ago, tarot said:

@ADour I agree that other character need a wave or two. But the fact is, Spider-man sells. some may whine about the amount of figure he gets but at least Hasbro always tries to make them different every time with some Not even being Spidey or from an alternate universe.

But I do agree that Hasbro needs to give the big 4 (not 3) their own waves. Since all 4 are "leaving" the MCU, maybe it might be time to do sometime like a Marvel Heroes sub-line where they based a certain hero each wave. like do the money grabber Iron Man first, then hulk, then cap, Thor and a random character (like Daredevil) then circle back to Iron Man. Maybe do 2 waves a year. 

Hell since the vintage line is doing so well make an Iron Man vintage line that is based on the 90's tpy line. F4 could also do with one as well as Hulk. Hell, even silver surfer had a vintage line. X-men finally got them so let other vintage line get a update.

Yeah, I'm aware of the workings of the industry and that Spider-Man is the cash cow. I just wish they'd throw fans of other characters a bone or two once in a while.

33 minutes ago, mako said:

Seriously, am I the only one who looked at this guy and the first thing they thought was "They made a figure of Willem Dafoe?

Forget Hydroman! I'm sticking this head on a suit body and making myself a Norman Osborn.

Might be a tad too big for the suit body, looks to me he's in the Luke Cage Netflix body.

3 hours ago, ADour said:

BiB?

BiB= Bigger is Better Posse. A collection of Marvel Legends fans/collectors who erroneously believe the bigger the figure, the better the figure. If a figure is oversized and out of scale (the recent Kingpin comes to mind as well as "Classic Juggernaut", Rhino etc) then we get a "Yeah, Hasbro nailed it" from this crowd. If Hasbro does something correctly like Thanos (616), then Hasbro "screwed up" because they made a character in accurate scale (Thanos is 6'7). They fall back on the excuse "that's how he's drawn" when the fact of the matter is that's simply the artistic representation of a given artist's opinion (just like we all have them except an artist can make theirs come to life on the page). Also, with the BiB posse, all it takes is ONE artist drawing a figure oversized ONE time, and that's license for the character to be looked upon at that new height from now on, even if the character is drawn back to their normal size. They think the upcoming "Classic Thor" (who's 6'6) size wise is GREAT!!! This despite (according to the photos at Toy Fair) is bigger than the 7'5 Colossus and nearly as large as the Hulk (which he was standing next to) and TOWERING over the equally 6'6 Iron Man. The BiB have a motto that they will defend unto death; "BLEEP scale! Accuracy is wack"! Another (possible) reason for this could be the thought of getting "more plastic" for their lil $20, so it can be for "economical" reasons.

21 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Is Hasbro releasing Ironman in 2 different color schemes? He's sporting the Alex Ross Red/Gold in the loose pics but in package, I've seen him in his classic red/Yellow colors along with the great Bob Layton looking helmet & a great comic  Tony Stark head sculpt.  

Shame that I'm gonna have to do some customizing surgery on that Thor to get him in proper scale to his fellow Avengers. Does Hasbro not know he's 6'6 in the comics? They keep making him like he's a 7 footer!  And sorry, From the 60s to the 90s , Ironman was never depicted as being as tall as Thor .  6'2, 6'3 is what I always saw him drawn as by  all the great Marvel artists of the 60s thru 90s. The MCU IM movie in 08' is what started this "he's 6'6 in armor. Funny cuz when standing next to Cap in the films, he sure doesn't tower over Cap who's 6'2. nor did he look as tall as Hemsworth who's 6'3 & probably 6'5 sporting the boots. The classic Bronze age armor is form fitting, almost like a second skin that hardens to a steel hard consistency while still being supple, if that  makes any sense. So no, IM in the Bronze age classic red/yellow armor is not 6'6. Maybe in his newer MCU based armors he is, but not in the classic comic based armors.  Those were all pretty skin tight.  So even that new classic armor IM that's coming out looks a bit on the tall side as he seems to tower over the chainmail Cap fig. Great, more custom surgery I gotta perform to get him down to proper scale.  Hawkeye is 6'3, the master, George Perez was a stickler for drawing all his characters in their proper hgts, so give IM a 6'3 hgt in that BA armor. That's the tallest I'll give him wearing that suit of armor. 

Ironman & Hawkeye George Perez.jpg

iron-man-classic-armor up.jpg

Ironman unmasked in hall of armors.jpg

Uhhh no! The " His being 6'6 started in 2008" is totally false (Why do so called Marvel fans think life started in 2008?) Tony Stark and Iron Man have been listed at 6'1/6'6 respectively since the 80's when Marvel 1st came out with the Handbook to the Marvel Universe series of books. That height has been maintained ever since. George Perez (one of my all time favorite artists) unfortunately was the 1st to draw Thor grossly oversized, (and once again NO he was NOT a "stickler for drawing characters at their proper heights) and it was telling because he was known for being able to get the most characters in a single frame (Strangely enough, he used to draw the Hulk too small which lends credence to my statements of these are merely artists' opinions come to life on paper).  

Also, can we please not compare the movies to the comics? Both Tony Stark & James Rhodes (616) are 6-1. RDJ is 5'9 and Don Cheadle is 5'8 ( I know this for fact because I stood next to him) so through the magic of cgi, if they come up to Chris Hemsworth, then THAT's the height they are. NOT 6"6. One can come up with all the rationalizations they want to. BOTTOM LINE: Iron Man is OFFICIALLY listed at Six foot Six. Moreover, I have a 6'7 nephew (I'm 6'2) so I know Thor at 6'6  shouldn't appear that large compared to even Captain america, nevermind Iron Man.

13 hours ago, FASVB said:

Come on! That one is his first appearance. That one is a classic.  So Is see you are not the biggest Logan fan. 

I *like* Wolverine, but he's not my favorite character. And I do already have two versions of the character (vintage wave brown suit and the new yellow one from the Apocalypse BAF wave). I don't need another one, and no, I don't like the mask look from his first appearance, but I will happily buy the 2-pack anyway. 

*Edit: I might get the rider series Logan at some point if I need another Wolverine.

3 hours ago, ADour said:

As an Iron Man fan, I often feel jealous of the amount of characters from Spider-Man's corner that Hasbro pumps out every year with every Spidey-centric wave. I'd love to see at least one wave focused on Iron Man once in a while, so Hasbro can get their hands on his supporting cast and villains. War Machine, Rescue, Ironheart, Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Controller, Spymaster, Whiplash and a big "etc" are figures waiting to get made. Iron Man himself is a near-infinite pool of equally important variants of the same character.

I completely agree with this. I would love to see an all-Iron Man wave with new/classic versions of Tony, War Machine, and some of his villains. Crimson Dynamo would be an obvious Build-a-Figure. 

I would also champion a Thor wave. Look at how many Asgardian supporting characters there are to choose: Odin, Heimdall, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Sif, Hildegarde. Plus classic villains like the Executioner to go along with the Enchantress that came out in the Doctor Strange wave. Maybe repurpose the SDCC exclusive Ulik the Troll as the wave's BAF, or make a Frost Giant. Heck, you could tap into people who don't even care about Marvel superheroes but LOVE fantasy by making a Mighty Thor and the Warriors of Asgard sub-line.

43 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

BiB= Bigger is Better Posse. A collection of Marvel Legends fans/collectors who erroneously believe the bigger the figure, the better the figure. If a figure is oversized and out of scale (the recent Kingpin comes to mind as well as "Classic Juggernaut", Rhino etc) then we get a "Yeah, Hasbro nailed it" from this crowd. If Hasbro does something correctly like Thanos (616), then Hasbro "screwed up" because they made a character in accurate scale (Thanos is 6'7). They fall back on the excuse "that's how he's drawn" when the fact of the matter is that's simply the artistic representation of a given artist's opinion (just like we all have them except an artist can make theirs come to life on the page). Also, with the BiB posse, all it takes is ONE artist drawing a figure oversized ONE time, and that's license for the character to be looked upon at that new height from now on, even if the character is drawn back to their normal size. They think the upcoming "Classic Thor" (who's 6'6) size wise is GREAT!!! This despite (according to the photos at Toy Fair) is bigger than the 7'5 Colossus and nearly as large as the Hulk (which he was standing next to) and TOWERING over the equally 6'6 Iron Man. The BiB have a motto that they will defend unto death; "BLEEP scale! Accuracy is wack"! Another (possible) reason for this could be the thought of getting "more plastic" for their lil $20, so it can be for "economical" reasons.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

I'm 1000% with ya bro. I'm a huge scale Nazi & that Thor is once again, oversized. Why does Hasbro have a problem getting him done in the proper scale? Thor is not a 7 footer!   I'm still hopeful that Hasbro will eventually give us a classic comic based Thanos at a properly scaled hgt & not 8' tall! Classic Thanos is thick/massive, not super tall. Wonder what part of that do they not comprehend?  But as you said, there is that small portion of fans that could give a fudge about scale & like certain characters bigger than they actually are. Funny how Hasbro makes very sure to do all Logan figures at a smaller more accurate scale but mess up on the big guys.  And once again, Ironman can be "listed" as being 6'6 in armor, but has hardly ever been drawn as the same hgt as Thor who is listed as being 6'6.  I even post pics of him not being drawn as tall as Thor with Thor right next to him & people still wanna cry that he's drawn as being 6'6.  The most Stark, who's listed as being what, 6'1, should gain in hgt as Ironman is 2 more inches, 1 inch for boot soles & 1 inch in helmet space, and that's talking bout his classic bronze age armor, not his more modern post 2000s armors.  In just about every single comic book I have of classic Avengers, Ironman has never been drawn as being as tall as Thor when the 2 stood together.  And I call BS on saying Perez didn't draw characters in their proper hgts, he along with John Byrne are just 2 of the very few artists of the 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s who made sure to draw characters at their listed hgts. I've seen hand written writing by J Byrne himself stating that the Thing was actually 5'10!  They later upped his hgt to 6'  & should be drawn as such back when he was helming FF in the 80s. Now all of a sudden the Thing is "Hulk" sized?  He "mutated" but the rest of the FF is still the same despite all 4 being exposed to cosmic rays, yeah, OK.

Like you stated, all it takes is one artist to take artistic license with the size/hgt of a character & all of a sudden people want him that big. Liefield was one of the 1st  to start drawing the Juggernaut like 10ft tall in the early X-force comics & then McFarland followed suit. Now all of a sudden Juggs went from being 6'10 to 10 ft tall.

FF spec sheet.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I'm 1000% with ya bro. I'm a huge scale Nazi & that Thor is once again, oversized. Why does Hasbro have a problem getting him done in the proper scale? Thor is not a 7 footer!   I'm still hopeful that Hasbro will eventually give us a classic comic based Thanos at a properly scaled hgt & not 8' tall! Classic Thanos is thick/massive, not super tall. Wonder what part of that do they not comprehend?  But as you said, there is that small portion of fans that could give a fudge about scale & like certain characters bigger than they actually are. Funny how Hasbro makes very sure to do all Logan figures at a smaller more accurate scale but mess up on the big guys.  And once again, Ironman can be "listed" as being 6'6 in armor, but has hardly ever been drawn as the same hgt as Thor who is listed as being 6'6.  I even post pics of him not being drawn as tall as Thor with Thor right next to him & people still wanna cry that he's drawn as being 6'6.  The most Stark, who's listed as being what, 6'1, should gain in hgt as Ironman is 2 more inches, 1 inch for boot soles & 1 inch in helmet space, and that's talking bout his classic bronze age armor, not his more modern post 2000s armors.  In just about every single comic book I have of classic Avengers, Ironman has never been drawn as being as tall as Thor when the 2 stood together.  And I call BS on saying Perez didn't draw characters in their proper hgts, he along with John Byrne are just 2 of the very few artists of the 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s who made sure to draw characters at their listed hgts. I've seen hand written writing by J Byrne himself stating that the Thing was actually 5'10!  They later upped his hgt to 6'  & should be drawn as such back when he was helming FF in the 80s. Now all of a sudden the Thing is "Hulk" sized?  He "mutated" but the rest of the FF is still the same despite all 4 being exposed to cosmic rays, yeah, OK.

Like you stated, all it takes is one artist to take artistic license with the size/hgt of a character & all of a sudden people want him that big. Liefield was one of the 1st  to start drawing the Juggernaut like 10ft tall in the early X-force comics & then McFarland followed suit. Now all of a sudden Juggs went from being 6'10 to 10 ft tall.

FF spec sheet.jpg

To be fair, Juggernaut in his Classic Costume is 6'10. He HAS officially grown (after a depowering/repowering) to 9'5. The problem with the BAF is it's based on the classic version. Now admittedly, Marvel has given Cain a (kind of) classic looking costume, but the figure isn't based off that (and of course the BiB loved it for that reason).