FASVB

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I *like* Wolverine, but he's not my favorite character. And I do already have two versions of the character (vintage wave brown suit and the new yellow one from the Apocalypse BAF wave). I don't need another one, and no, I don't like the mask look from his first appearance, but I will happily buy the 2-pack anyway. 

*Edit: I might get the rider series Logan at some point if I need another Wolverine.

I lucked out with EB Games. The day their Logan Riders shipment came in was when their older "Riders" SKU (for Ghost Rider and Black Widow) was put on clearance. I got Logan for $25 Cdn!

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

He's part of a X-MEN vintage wave that also includes Cyclops (X-Factor style), Silver Surfer, and Dazzler, plus two more figures that haven't been announced. They're on retro-style card backs instead of the standard black and red box packaging.

Silver Samurai not Surfer :p

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

He's part of a X-MEN vintage wave that also includes Cyclops (X-Factor style), Silver Surfer, and Dazzler, plus two more figures that haven't been announced. They're on retro-style card backs instead of the standard black and red box packaging.

He's part of a X-MEN vintage wave that also includes Cyclops (X-Factor style), Silver Samurai, and Dazzler, plus two more figures that haven't been announced. They're on retro-style card backs instead of the standard black and red box packaging.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

He's so purty!

I might pick up that Hydroman and use his head for a Toad custom.

Love that art style!

Now compare that to the Eddie Brock head! lol

toad.jpg

very good call on a Toad custom!!!! if you do that, please post pix! quality customs are always very good to see & admire

@Gmen4ever and @Rukkdeez I'm totally with you about the size of Thor. From initial looks he is exactly what we wanted from Hasbro and then apon closer examination he's exactly what we've come to expect from Hasbro. Yet another victim of Hasbro's inability to maintain scale accuracy. Though it doesn't bother me quite as much as the whole Sasquatch fiasco it is pretty damn frustrating. I just don't understand how they keep fumbling the ball on this one. In one regard at times it seems like they listen to all he criticisms of the fans, such as what they did with the Outback Dazzler, then they do something like this that makes it seem like everything we say falls on deaf ears. Here's another thing that's really gonna bother me on this one. From early looks and some reviews online it is clear that the new Hercules we've all been waiting for for sooooo long is way too small. Now the new Thor is way too big. So now when we put these two long awaited figures, who are pretty much portrayed in equal size in the comics, together they are gonna be so outta scale with each other it won't be funny. But it will be funny in the way that somehow we always knew they were gonna manage to screw one (or in this case, both) of these up. Which gets the storage bin treatment, cuz they obviously cannot share the same display space. Guess I'll just have to decide once I see them together, but right from the outset it's not looking too good for Herc. Oh well, maybe they'll get it right when (or if) they do a classic Herc. Or at least get him closer in scale to Thor, anyway.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

@Gmen4ever and @Rukkdeez I'm totally with you about the size of Thor. From initial looks he is exactly what we wanted from Hasbro and then apon closer examination he's exactly what we've come to expect from Hasbro. Yet another victim of Hasbro's inability to maintain scale accuracy. Though it doesn't bother me quite as much as the whole Sasquatch fiasco it is pretty damn frustrating. I just don't understand how they keep fumbling the ball on this one. In one regard at times it seems like they listen to all he criticisms of the fans, such as what they did with the Outback Dazzler, then they do something like this that makes it seem like everything we say falls on deaf ears. Here's another thing that's really gonna bother me on this one. From early looks and some reviews online it is clear that the new Hercules we've all been waiting for for sooooo long is way too small. Now the new Thor is way too big. So now when we put these two long awaited figures, who are pretty much portrayed in equal size in the comics, together they are gonna be so outta scale with each other it won't be funny. But it will be funny in the way that somehow we always knew they were gonna manage to screw one (or in this case, both) of these up. Which gets the storage bin treatment, cuz they obviously cannot share the same display space. Guess I'll just have to decide once I see them together, but right from the outset it's not looking too good for Herc. Oh well, maybe they'll get it right when (or if) they do a classic Herc. Or at least get him closer in scale to Thor, anyway.

Right! The only saving grace we have is that this modern Herc doesn't go with Classic Thor anyway! This is a straight up regression. They get it right with "Young Thor" and (at the time) Modern Thor, and then come back with this. He's almost as big as the Hulk figure standing next to him! What are we supposed to do about Beta Ray Bill (who's taller than he is)? He and Herc will be is scale of course. Is it me, or does it seem as if they (Hasbro) just gravitates toward Thor being too large and Iron Man too small (I guess they'll regress back to that as well)?

I guess Dwight's answer regarding the bendy wires does makes sense... Since Neca's customers are primarily adults. They can get away with thinner plastic covering the wires for the Alien's figures. Hasbro is primarily a kid's toys company their standards are higher and they gotta make sure that the wire doesn't poke through the plastic and poke a kid's eye out.

Anyway, thanks for the coverage guys!

9 hours ago, MRT said:

I guess Dwight's answer regarding the bendy wires does makes sense... Since Neca's customers are primarily adults. They can get away with thinner plastic covering the wires for the Alien's figures. Hasbro is primarily a kid's toys company their standards are higher and they gotta make sure that the wire doesn't poke through the plastic and poke a kid's eye out.

Anyway, thanks for the coverage guys!

Yeah a larger company like Hasbro is def going to have stricter safety regulations in place which get implemented across the board for all their products whether the main target is kids or an adult collector, because from a legal standpoint they can't differentiate the two, meaning there are still kids who may buy and play (and in fact almost def are) the Marvel Legends even if the primary market buying them are adults.

Out of all the figures announced i'm excited for Hydro-Man. He was one of my favourite villains in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon and he's looking awesome! I'm glad Hasbro didn't reuse the mold for sandman since both characters are pretty similar

All the figures and reveals look fantastic, but is it too much product for a single calendar year.  At MSRP if you buy one of every figure announced/released thus far for 2019 you’re looking to spend about $2200-2400 after tax—and that’s just the first half of the year.  By the end of 2019 we’re going to be looking at $3000-4000 if you collect the whole line. That’s just too much for any Toyline to do in a single year.  

On 2/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, Rukkdeez said:

To be fair, Juggernaut in his Classic Costume is 6'10. He HAS officially grown (after a depowering/repowering) to 9'5. The problem with the BAF is it's based on the classic version. Now admittedly, Marvel has given Cain a (kind of) classic looking costume, but the figure isn't based off that (and of course the BiB loved it for that reason).

Hi, I'm apparently a member of the BiB posse. The reason I loved Juggs being that big is because I met him that size, or that's how imposing I remember him. It's not my favorite look for the character, but at least size-wise it's appropriate. Again, from memory, not looking at officially listed size or an specific era/costume.  

I think what Hasbro (and I assume, toy companies in general) tries to do is appeal to the largest possible audience. I think their attempt is to cater the classics with the look and the BiBs, as you call us, with the size. It's never gonna make all of us happy.

I dislike the way this works because it affects the way waves are assembled too. I mostly collect MCU figures, and most of the X-Men (it's what my budget allows, and lately it's getting cut), so I dislike having to buy classic or comic figures to build an MCU BaF, and I'm sure that happens the other way around, having to buy an MCU figure to build a comic BaF.

Still, that's the way it has to be to keep the toyline running. I hope you get an appropriate sized Thor and Juggernaut soon.

I came to terns with Juggernaut going from 6'10 to 8-9ft, but Thor is 6'6, in the comics, how can they possibly continue to fudge up the scale on him & make him outta scale hgt wise with his fellow Avenger ML figs! Cap is 6's, Thor should only be half a head tall, if that, when posed standing straight up next to comic Cap not a full head+ or taller! Gonna have to do some major customizing surgery on that figure to get it to scale. I think the Herc fig is alright scale wise, just the damn selection of costume to do him in that stinks! I don't recall a huge outcry for "manbun" wearing Herc at all from the Hercules fanbase. Either classic leg strap Herc or 80s H-harness Herc were the top 2 requests from us Herc fans. Hasbro better have a figure of those 2 much demanded versions in the next yr or so.!  

HERCULES classic version.png

Hercules 80s look.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I came to terns with Juggernaut going from 6'10 to 8-9ft, but Thor is 6'6, in the comics, how can they possibly continue to fudge up the scale on him & make him outta scale hgt wise with his fellow Avenger ML figs! Cap is 6's, Thor should only be half a head tall, if that, when posed standing straight up next to comic Cap not a full head+ or taller! Gonna have to do some major customizing surgery on that figure to get it to scale. I think the Herc fig is alright scale wise, just the damn selection of costume to do him in that stinks! I don't recall a huge outcry for "manbun" wearing Herc at all from the Hercules fanbase. Either classic leg strap Herc or 80s H-harness Herc were the top 2 requests from us Herc fans. Hasbro better have a figure of those 2 much demanded versions in the next yr or so.!  

Hercules 80s look.jpg

I'd say a classic Hercules might be a possibility for one of next year's Vintage waves but I don't think he ever made it into Toy Biz's 5 inch line. Then again, neither did Outback Dazzler. If we're breaking the rules now then this is your cue, Hasbro. I just can't understand why they can make this happen in 3.75 scale but given a full 6" scale to work with they just can't manage to work it out.

Hasbro MU Hercules.jpg

bros to the end.jpg

54 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Either classic leg strap Herc or 80s H-harness Herc were the top 2 requests from us Herc fans. Hasbro better have a figure of those 2 much demanded versions in the next yr or so.!  

Hercules 80s look.jpg

I love Hercules, too, and I'll wait until one of these two versions (first choice: leg straps) is released before buying him. Also, there are rumors that Hercules will be in THE ETERNALS movie coming out in 2020, so his popularity might be on the rise, which would likely increase the chance of getting a more classic version of the hero. 

Obviously there's a ton I'm pumped for, Nightcrawler is a big one.

But the most important to me is probably Alex Ross Iron Man. I've been longing for a (good) classic Iron Man since I started collecting. Decades ago, my dad got the Toy Biz Iron Man (the one with the Doom comic book), it was my first real action figure and I absolutely loved it. It was the reason I ever knew who Iron Man was, and I played with that thing to death lol. Years later I re-discovered Legends by looking that  figure up. So have this thing in my adult collection will bring it all full circle.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:19 PM, RyanDaly said:

I *like* Wolverine, but he's not my favorite character. And I do already have two versions of the character (vintage wave brown suit and the new yellow one from the Apocalypse BAF wave). I don't need another one, and no, I don't like the mask look from his first appearance, but I will happily buy the 2-pack anyway. 

*Edit: I might get the rider series Logan at some point if I need another Wolverine.

If it was up to me I would have all of them. Including Rider Series, The Madripoor just revealed and the Weapon X. 

The big drawn is that Hulk. To everyone. There is no doubt about that, but to me the Wolverine is a huge plus. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, bashpics99 said:

to each his own, but honestly between vintage wave wolverine, tiger stripe wolverine, and old man logan I'm pretty much set for Logan figs, especially with Weapon X coming in the Caliban wave and presumably an x-force wolverine coming at some point.  In contrast, this is the 1st classic Hulk figure that Hasbro has made so naturally people are going to view him as the highlight of the set.  Nothing wrong with FA Wolverine but i think a lot of people will be looking to sell him after they buy the 2-pack ( I know i will)

Like I Just said. To me I want them all. Except for Old man Logan that I don't have that much attachment. I want that too, but he is not on the top of my list. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...