JayC

Marvel Legends - What We Know After #NYTF 2019

I am in for the following, at minimum:

Family Matters 3 Pack (top want since the teases at SDCC last year)

Avengers wave w/ any Thanos Armored BAF

Beast, Jubilee and Weapon X out of the already revealed X-Men wave.

Loki and Corvus Glaive 2 pack.

Ebony Maw (if not in Wave above)

Ragnarok 2-pack w/ Skurge and Hela

Chain Mail Cap

Mystique and Emma exclusives (though I concur w/ the lack of endowments on Emma being a significant detraction and piece of revisionist history)

Probably the IW Iron Man

Possibly:

Night Crawler, Cap and Peggy WWII-Pack, and Ghost & Luis 2-Pack.

Thats not too much, right? I may soon join BludChylde with a "soon to be ex wife".  Thanks Hasbro, for killin it...and my wallet!

Marvel Legends - What We Know After #NYTF 2019:
We know they really like us.!! 
I love so many figures being offered. 
I've always been an Avengers fan... 
and here comes: Thor, Captain America, IronMan, The Hulk, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch... Oh, man...!! 

I like what I’m seeing! I think  most of these figures look cool, especially the Wolverine vs Hulk set.

Thanks for this write-up! I think Marvel must've realized I've been, um, cheating on them with DC quite a bit this year and all of these figures are designed win me back (while totally punishing my wallet, lol :wink: ). Wow, just SO many figures that I'd love to have in my collection! :cool:

5 hours ago, Jiris said:

Would love a Storm with multiple big weather effects!

What other weather effects besides lightning bolts?

I just had an image of the storm figure coming with a mini spray bottle set to mist. :biggrin:

I would love storm with a swappable head with blue eyes. all the figures of her from almost every company just gives us the powered up eyes and not her baby blues.

I really like that new Loki but don't care for Corvus Glaive.   Here's hoping there's a lot of people who want Corvus Glaive but are sick of Loki and doesn't want another Loki.

Really liking the Captain America/Peggy Carter 2 pack.

With the classic Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, I would’ve loved to see a classic Spider-Man, even if it was a retooling of the pizza Spidey

I'm not a big fan of extra heads that are not too different from each other. For example that Jubilee head, it looks like both heads have removable sunglasses and Jubilee's expressions are identical. Is the only difference the gum? They should've given one of the heads a short bob-cut similar to her Generation X 'do. It's kinda nit-picky I know but it's a missed opportunity, IMO.

jubilee.png

Great coverage as usual, @JayC

There are a few points I'd like to comment on:

- I never considered Sinister or Hydro Man would be a BAF (actually Hydro Man could make sense what with interchangeable watery parts)

- Do we know if that shirt is removable on the 80th Anniversary Hulk?

- Colossus is listed as Jim Lee version, which is incorrect. He's in his Cockrum/Byrne costume. Did the Jim Lee categorization come from Hasbro or perhaps he was incorrectly named on social media sites?

Regardless, this year is going to be a strong year for Legends and look forward to picking up about twenty of them.

Also, are the around-the-eyes blast effect on the vintage wave Cyclops figure non removable for both of his interchangeable heads? 

If so, I'm surprised there hasn't been any criticism from fans. Having at least one head completely neutral seems like the better choice.

Really enjoyed what was shown at ToyFair! The xmen cardbacks is what really got me and am very excited for it! and who knew that i would want a Hydroman figure! The accessories for the water were amazing!

I don't get the complaining about the figure with no legs. It would be a little boring to just have it standing there instead of rocketing up or forward. 

18 hours ago, joenubb said:

Also, are the around-the-eyes blast effect on the vintage wave Cyclops figure non removable for both of his interchangeable heads? 

If so, I'm surprised there hasn't been any criticism from fans. Having at least one head completely neutral seems like the better choice.

I have criticized the head. Especially since it looks like the second head has the effects, just smaller than on the main head. A head without the effects would be handy with those that don't have the room to have their figures all posed in action poses.

15 hours ago, CODERED said:

I don't get the complaining about the figure with no legs. It would be a little boring to just have it standing there instead of rocketing up or forward. 

Yes he looks cooler rocketing forward, but like I said for the above quote, the option is nice. If room doesn't allow for it, everyone standing in neutral poses while he rockets overhead looks off.