Who is a fairly obscure character you want a legend of?

Dabboi

Air-walker, my namesake, would be my first pick. In his original look too. I've always had a thing for this obscurity of obscurities, especially because his look is just so bonkers! Other picks include:

• Champion
  • Runner
  • Guardsman
  • Rom
  • Forgotten One (in Space Armor)
  • Kurse BAF
  • Red Guardian (female version)
  • Jennifer Kale (in the skimpy outfit of course :laugh:)
  • In-betweener
  • Sharon Ventura in her Orange and Blue 'Ms Marvel' guise.

8 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yes he is indeed, my friend but that is also the code name John Walker used in his first appearance as an anti-hero. He believed Cap was not tough enough on the criminal element so he beat and usurped Cap for a bit and went on an ayass kickin' spree. It was actually one of Cap's best story arches. Cap actually created and took up the US Agent look but called himself the "Captain" and set out to get his identity back. In the end Cap was back in the red, white and blue tights. Walker was cured of his psychosis. And instead of going to prison or anything, he donned the US Agent suit and joined the West Coast Avengers. Go figure. I know I'm off on a few minor details but that was the main gist.

He had a great look too and a bomb-ayass flat top. Cuz nothing says extremist American ideology like a good ole beer drinkin', gun totin', wife beatin' flat top. Yeeeeehaw! Damn, I was a kid back then and it was only now I'm seeing how comics were turning political even then. Good times.

Super-Patriot.jpg

Thanks for the history lesson as I didnt know any of that lol. Regarding the political comment, yeah, I really haven’t read any mainline marvel books since Marvel Now era, 2012-2014. My entire marvel comic pull list has been reduced to Venom, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Star Wars and now Conan.

Over the past few years I’ve been totally put off by the Marvel books constantly being rebooted/restated, the repurposing is existing classic characters into new, more “inclusive” characters and the fact that the movie costume designs for the characters seemed to be invading the comics, which I think is just so lame. The rebooting in particular was just getting so out of hand. Case in point, I was reading the Angela series and it ended after issue 6 or 7, got rebooted back to a new #1/new volume and when I read the new #1, it was literally just a continuation of the last issue from the previous volume. I was like WTF is Marvel doing? I gave up.

Fast forward to Captain Marvel as a recent example and while I wasn’t especially excited after the trailer (I figured it would be a good movie but it wasn’t “grabbing” me), the recent SJW comments from Brie Larson have put the nail in the coffin for me. I not only will not be seeing that movie in the theaters but I will not be seeing that movie at all. I’m judging by the constant reductions to the initial box office weekend earnings (it started at $150M and now the most recent projection is below $100M) that I am not the only one whose interest in the movie has been obliterated lol. Bobby Iger needs to reel in Ms. Larson from her identity politics soapbox if you ask me.

2 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Thanks for the history lesson as I didnt know any of that lol. Regarding the political comment, yeah, I really haven’t read any mainline marvel books since Marvel Now era, 2012-2014. My entire marvel comic pull list has been reduced to Venom, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Star Wars and now Conan.

Over the past few years I’ve been totally put off by the Marvel books constantly being rebooted/restated, the repurposing is existing classic characters into new, more “inclusive” characters and the fact that the movie costume designs for the characters seemed to be invading the comics, which I think is just so lame. The rebooting in particular was just getting so out of hand. Case in point, I was reading the Angela series and it ended after issue 6 or 7, got rebooted back to a new #1/new volume and when I read the new #1, it was literally just a continuation of the last issue from the previous volume. I was like WTF is Marvel doing? I gave up.

Fast forward to Captain Marvel as a recent example and while I wasn’t especially excited after the trailer (I figured it would be a good movie but it wasn’t “grabbing” me), the recent SJW comments from Brie Larson have put the nail in the coffin for me. I not only will not be seeing that movie in the theaters but I will not be seeing that movie at all. I’m judging by the constant reductions to the initial box office weekend earnings (it started at $150M and now the most recent projection is below $100M) that I am not the only one whose interest in the movie has been obliterated lol. Bobby Iger needs to reel in Ms. Larson from her identity politics soapbox if you ask me.

I wish some of the movie costume designs were applied to the comics (namely Captain America's cinematic costume), but I can't think of any examples of movie costumes being translated to the comics. Iron Man is wearing the Extremis Armor, Thor is wearing an evolved version of the Coipel suit, Doctor Strange is wearing an updated version of his classic costume, Deadpool is wearing the same clothes he's worn since 2012, and Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Daredevil are all wearing their classic suits. Nothing comes to my mind with regards to comic characters looking exactly like they do in the movies, with the exception of Shuri and maybe the Winter Soldier to some extent.

As for the example with Angela, in between her two main series there was the whole Secret Wars event, in which series were "cancelled" and temporarily replaced with alternate universe versions of their protagonists. Angela's title was replaced with '1602 Witch Hunter Angela' that starred a version of Angela from a medieval world.

Also, all the new legacy characters have been sidelined in favor of the returned original heroes. Logan is back, Steve Rogers is back, Tony Stark is back, Thor Odinson is back, Bruce Banner is back, and so on.

Brie Larson's comments are an entierly different can of worms I don't want to open, so I'll just say that they've been taken out of contest and blown out of proportion, and I can't frankly see why would a person that actually knows what she said not only disagree but get angry at her.

27 minutes ago, ADour said:

Brie Larson's comments are an entierly different can of worms I don't want to open, so I'll just say that they've been taken out of contest and blown out of proportion, and I can't frankly see why would a person that actually knows what she said not only disagree but get angry at her.

And they call us oversensitive. Even out of context there's nothing overly SJW about it "I want more diversity, all I see is white males" doesn't say "I want no white males". It's ridiculous. 

I'd like to see Marrow, even if she's not that an obscure a character.

6 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Ya, she's running her mouth like she had total creative control from the jump and guys like Feige are pretty much verifying it. This really bothers me cuz up to this point she's had moderate success in Hollywood at best. Who is she to step up on the set day one and start calling shots on a multi-million dollar blockbuster movie? I just wish these activist actors would just shut up and act. To be honest I'm really not as political as most people here think I am. I'm pretty moderate, agreeing with issues on both sides, and I don't think I've ever pushed my personal views, purposely. What I don't like is being force fed any particular view by any group that assumes they have a captive audience. To be honest, about 90 percent of the time it's one particular side that's constantly grinding it's agenda and anyone with an alternate view is immediately labeled as some "ist" or "phobe". I bet I don't need to tell you which side that is. It's just so mind numbing at this point. I've also given up on buying actual comics. I hate paying 4 plus dollars for what's basically a crap shoot of what kinda propaganda you're gonna get when you open the thing, and it is just that. Sometimes it's great writing, story driven, and pertinent to the story, then once you get a few issues into a particular story arch it's like CNN. I feel like they're saying "we gotcha hooked, now you gotta keep reading". No thanks. I've been a comic fan forever and I hate not supporting the industry but I've pretty much gone totally to things like Marvel Unlimited. Sure, it's a few months behind the current but I'm alright with that and I can start reading a book and once it turns political I can turn it off not having paid 4 bucks for it. To me it's the only way to go.

That being said I was I bit put off by the first Captain Marvel trailer when they literally morphed the word "HER" into HERO within the first 10 seconds in, but it's starting too look like a pretty decent. C'mon, it's Marvel Studios. Even the bad ones are better than most. I'll just hafta turn my BS filter on.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, she's running her mouth like she had total creative control from the jump and guys like Feige are pretty much verifying it. This really bothers me cuz up to this point she's had moderate success in Hollywood at best. Who is she to step up on the set day one and start calling shots on a multi-million dollar blockbuster movie? I just wish these activist actors would just shut up and act. To be honest I'm really not as political as most people here think I am. I'm pretty moderate, agreeing with issues on both sides, and I don't think I've ever pushed my personal views, purposely. What I don't like is being force fed any particular view by any group that assumes they have a captive audience. To be honest, about 90 percent of the time it's one particular side that's constantly grinding it's agenda and anyone with an alternate view is immediately labeled as some "ist" or "phobe". I bet I don't need to tell you which side that is. It's just so mind numbing at this point. I've also given up on buying actual comics. I hate paying 4 plus dollars for what's basically a crap shoot of what kinda propaganda you're gonna get when you open the thing, and it is just that. Sometimes it's great writing, story driven, and pertinent to the story, then once you get a few issues into a particular story arch it's like CNN. I feel like they're saying "we gotcha hooked, now you gotta keep reading". No thanks. I've been a comic fan forever and I hate not supporting the industry but I've pretty much gone totally to things like Marvel Unlimited. Sure, it's a few months behind the current but I'm alright with that and I can start reading a book and once it turns political I can turn it off not having paid 4 bucks for it. To me it's the only way to go.

That being said I was I bit put off by the first Captain Marvel trailer when they literally morphed the word "HER" into HERO within the first 10 seconds in, but it's starting too look like a pretty decent. C'mon, it's Marvel Studios. Even the bad ones are better than most. I'll just hafta turn my BS filter on.

@monron999 PREACH brother. I’m right there with you and you pretty much nailed it, in so far as to say how this can be “articulated” in a thread/forum such as this. I am an extremely political person as I strive to always be informed and engaged. Politics is one of my big passions, much like video games, toy collecting, movies, raising my children, etc. Much like someone on here can rattle off their top favorite books/characters, i can do the same and rank/share my thoughts on all 100 US senators lol. 

Having said that, I’m pretty sure my comments on Grand Moral Arbiter Brie is actually the first time I’ve even remotely discussed something with a political edge on these forums to date. I’m not going to say anymore on the matter and I’m certainly not going to debate anyone on it because A) it wound not end well and B) these boards aren’t the place for it. 

Back to comics, im pretty sure my pull list is going to dwindle down to Spawn, G.I.Joe and TMNT at some point soon. While I am enjoying a few of my aforementioned titles from Marvel (namely Star Wars), I can already see some of the very few marvel titles I read start to slip. Venom for example has been great imo but I saw Cullen Bunn is taking it over soon (because he can only be happy writing 50 different titles a year I guess lol) and I will probably walk away when that happens. I got nothing against the guy and he’s done great work on Deadpool in the past imo but I already got disengaged from him taking over Venom once before when he took over Agent Venom from my main man Rick Remender (i love the work he’s been doing for Image over the years) and the book got stale for me as a result.

To end full circle with Captain Marvel, I have little doubt it will be a decent movie, as most MCU films are at the end of the day but I have zero interest in it at this point. My interest was tepid at best even before Brie set out to right all the wrongs of society lol. I’m sure I’ll eventuakly see it at the end of the day down the road as my wife or oldest son will most likely beat me into submission on watching it. To be clear, I certainly don’t “hate” Brie and I have nothing against Marvel or Disney. I have nothing against anyone eagerly anticipating the film and I certainly am not wishing for it to bomb at the box office (well maybe a teeny tiny bit I do lol) but I will continue to vote with my wallet as that has the most power and unfortunately for Disney, I’m not shelling out for a ticket and I won’t be buying the movie on 4K home release, which is what I would typically do however when it comes to a a Marvel movie.

48 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Back to comics, im pretty sure my pull list is going to dwindle down to Spawn, G.I.Joe and TMNT at some point soon. While I am enjoying a few of my aforementioned titles from Marvel (namely Star Wars), I can already see some of the very few marvel titles I read start to slip. Venom for example has been great imo but I saw Cullen Bunn is taking it over soon (because he can only be happy writing 50 different titles a year I guess lol) and I will probably walk away when that happens. I got nothing against the guy and he’s done great work on Deadpool in the past imo but I already got disengaged from him taking over Venom once before when he took over Agent Venom from my main man Rick Remender (i love the work he’s been doing for Image over the years) and the book got stale for me as a result.

Cullen Bunn is only writing the War of Realms tie-in issues (I think they're three at the most), then it's back to Donny Cates.

David Kalen, A.K.A D.K (Not to be confused with Donkey Kong!) is my favorite minor Spider-Man villain, only appearing in 3 issues, with his first appearance being Spectacular Spider-Man #230 when Ben Reilly took the mantle for awhile

His backstory involves him and his brother Henry investigating toxic chemicals dumped into the environment by a businessman named Mr. Sanders. When checking out a barrel in a lake, a piece of explosives were attached to it, causing an explosion with Henry being killed and David surviving while being mutated by the toxic chemicals. Fuelled with rage, He sets out to get revenge on Sanders for both his brother's death and for killing the environment. David can transform into a purple sludge-like monster with the ability to melt and decompose anything he touches.

He encounters Spider-Man as he tries to reason with him that Sander's death won't solve anything and eventually D.K stops himself from killing the corrupt businessman as he's sent to jail and D.K goes to Ravencroft Asylum to seek therapy for survivor's guilt and depression

After a few years when Peter Parker returns, Ashley Kafka calls him in to see D.K as he's slowly killing himself with his own toxins from the inside because of the loss of his brother unaware that Peter has never met him, nor know anything about D.K other than the encounter Ben Reilly had with him. D.K suffers a mental break down and attempts to break out of the asylum and attack Spider-Man. They both try talking things out about the loss of their own brothers and D.K is sent back for more treatment, only even more depressed and dying even more

His final appearance was in an issue where Spidey battles a younger Vulture, where D.K escapes the asylum, meets up with Spider-Man as he battles Adrian and thanks him for trying to help him and be there when he could before decomposing and dying, all while trapping the Vulture with his tentacles and somehow ageing him back up to his current age

Another reason i want a figure of D.K is because this was the first comic i ever read as a kid and his origin reminds me of my little brother who passed away when i was 7. I don't have many memories of him and when i do i often fall into depression because i miss being raised with a sibling and having someone to spend time and play with growing up, so i kinda relate to D.K in that sense.

I doubt Hasbro will make a figure of him given he's only had 3 appearances and isn't that much different from other shape shifting liquid characters Marvel has, but i'd be the only person on the planet that would be over excited to get an action figure of him!

David_Kalen_(Earth-616)_from_Spectacular_Spider-Man_Vol_1_230_0001.jpg

I second @watanabefan 's request for Armor. There's actual dozens of X-Men characters that don't get enough love in the comics (and by extension, the merchandise. I need Armor, Triage, and Mercury for my X-Men shelf but I would be happy to see the likes of Tempus, Thunderbird, and Trinary, for example.

I've also been hoping for Gorr the God Butcher for a few years now.

15 hours ago, Angus_Nitro said:

David Kalen, A.K.A D.K (Not to be confused with Donkey Kong!) is my favorite minor Spider-Man villain, only appearing in 3 issues, with his first appearance being Spectacular Spider-Man #230 when Ben Reilly took the mantle for awhile

His backstory involves him and his brother Henry investigating toxic chemicals dumped into the environment by a businessman named Mr. Sanders. When checking out a barrel in a lake, a piece of explosives were attached to it, causing an explosion with Henry being killed and David surviving while being mutated by the toxic chemicals. Fuelled with rage, He sets out to get revenge on Sanders for both his brother's death and for killing the environment. David can transform into a purple sludge-like monster with the ability to melt and decompose anything he touches.

He encounters Spider-Man as he tries to reason with him that Sander's death won't solve anything and eventually D.K stops himself from killing the corrupt businessman as he's sent to jail and D.K goes to Ravencroft Asylum to seek therapy for survivor's guilt and depression

After a few years when Peter Parker returns, Ashley Kafka calls him in to see D.K as he's slowly killing himself with his own toxins from the inside because of the loss of his brother unaware that Peter has never met him, nor know anything about D.K other than the encounter Ben Reilly had with him. D.K suffers a mental break down and attempts to break out of the asylum and attack Spider-Man. They both try talking things out about the loss of their own brothers and D.K is sent back for more treatment, only even more depressed and dying even more

His final appearance was in an issue where Spidey battles a younger Vulture, where D.K escapes the asylum, meets up with Spider-Man as he battles Adrian and thanks him for trying to help him and be there when he could before decomposing and dying, all while trapping the Vulture with his tentacles and somehow ageing him back up to his current age

Another reason i want a figure of D.K is because this was the first comic i ever read as a kid and his origin reminds me of my little brother who passed away when i was 7. I don't have many memories of him and when i do i often fall into depression because i miss being raised with a sibling and having someone to spend time and play with growing up, so i kinda relate to D.K in that sense.

I doubt Hasbro will make a figure of him given he's only had 3 appearances and isn't that much different from other shape shifting liquid characters Marvel has, but i'd be the only person on the planet that would be over excited to get an action figure of him!

David_Kalen_(Earth-616)_from_Spectacular_Spider-Man_Vol_1_230_0001.jpg

Damn bro, sorry for your loss. Never heard of this guy before but I remember the first comic I ever read too. I don't have anything near as traumatic to tie it to as you, but the amazing imaginary world did help me through my parents divorce. My first comic was Uncanny X-Men 210, the beginning of The Mutant Massacre. Claremont & JR,Jr., I was hooked. The Marauders, as bad as they were, always had a place in my heart. Any and every one of these guys are always a part of my most wanted list.

I've named off a bunch of obscure X-Men in another post last month so I'll add some different names this time.

Sharon Ventura as Ms. Marvel or as She-Thing.
Thunderstrike.
Century. 
J2.
Ahab.
Sleepwalker.
Quasar.
U.S.Agent.
Cerise.
Meggan.
Widget.
Kylun.
Valerie Cooper.
Gateway.
Slapstick.

Pretty much go through the old Marvel Universe, Masterpiece and X-Men card sets and make everyone who hasn't been made yet.

Does anyone remember Sin-Eater? Stan Carter (no relation to Peggy Carter) was a former SHIELD agent and NYPD officer driven crazy by an experimental drug made to mimic the Super Soldier serum. He gained no powers but he began to think he was the savior of the world and set out to kill all sinners. He killed a buncha people then he was though to be killed himself only to be revealed that the it was an imposter and neighbor of Carter named Emil Gregg (no relation to Clark Gregg, lol), driven crazy by Carter's ramblings through thin apartment walls. Long story short, Spidey and DD join forces to track Carter down just as he is about to kill J.J. Jameson. He's found clinically insane, cured and set free on probation only to seemingly relapse but actually attempts and succeeds to commit suicide by cop. Sin-Eater appears again claiming to be the ghost of Emil Gregg and true mythical Sin-Eater with powers and appearance similar to a Ghost Rider. He goes about to kill corrupt politicians and cops and attempts to destroy Carnage. Ultimately Carnage's insanity and evil is too much for him to devour and he basically implodes on himself. It's a pretty dark & convoluted story for the times, but it was a good one.

All that to say it would be cool to have an original Sin-Eater figure with a swap head to create the Ghost Sin-Eater.

Stan Carter.jpg

Emil Gregg Ghost.png