Infamous Iron Man and Emma Frost

tarot

The thing that I just don't get about the Iron Doom is, as far as I saw it was teased as a Doom figure. So like, obviously it'd be a classic Doom, to go with our Classic FF. Right?? Why do anything other than that?? 

Hell they didn't release any bs modern versions of the FF before these. Just seems kinda uncool to pull this when literally everyone was expecting a classic figure. Idk

Just now, Velocibaker said:

The thing that I just don't get about the Iron Doom is, as far as I saw it was teased as a Doom figure.

The only tease Hasbro did for it actually made it pretty clear it was gonna be Infamous Doom. It was in a convention image that had Alex Maleev's Infamous Iron Man cover alongside David Finch's art of Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Magneto.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9UjaFFcOjVL1NxreOC-P

8e9e1db0fcc4eee0a3ea5059336cee85--comic-

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, monron999 said:

Well i don't think the Moonstone buck argument is going anywhere soon. First off, it's a completely legit argument many of us have feelings on. You are correct that the body type doesnt apply to every character and I don't think that's what @KiloinNorcal or anyone else was saying at all, but it is appropriate for this one. Also, I doubt anyone else fully agrees with the entire Bachalo argument, but it's as easy as a Google search either way. He does draw the females very thin, but as many artists do, he still tends to draw the female upper torso larger in comparison to their frame. Applying your logic the figure should be made with a Kate Bishop base and a Moonstone upper torso. That's beside the point though. I dont think anyone making the argument is "boobie crazy", but the majority feel like accuracy is important, and aside from what one particular artist's interpretation of Emma is, the "standard" and "regular" appearance is right in line with our argument or if you prefer "complaints". As far as the female opinion, I think you'll find they're not quite a thin skinned as CNN will have you believe. Don't go fooling yourself, all true female comic fans I know would put as much emphasis on accuracy as the rest of us, and you might be surprised as to how many female fans have chimed in on this issue already. Secondly, we just like the mystery surrounding the Moonstone buck and it's disappearance and it's a source of constant speculative discussion. It is the superior buck as far as stability and size and balance and the fact that it has been effectively phased out is both unfortunate and frustrating because, as previously mentioned, it still applies to many characters.

So in closing, it's been great having all the new blood in these forums and it's been great getting to know and interact with you. Like many others, you have great input and opinions as well, but if the so called complaints on this issue and, I assume others like it, are so traumatizing that you'd rather pick up your ball and go home rather than engage in friendly discourse, then in the famous words of Curly Bill Brocius from one of the greatest western of all times, "Well......bye.".

Cuz we're all pretty damn opinionated 'round these parts. 

It's really nothing to do with anyone having thin skin or experiencing trauma. That misses the point entirely. It's about signalling who's welcome in any given conversation. Obviously women talk about their own and each other's bodies too, but they (like most people) are also really good at picking up on social cues as they relate to them. When a woman opens a thread to find a bunch of dudes complaining that an action figure being too flat-chested is a dealbreaker for them, they're going to immediately understand that they're not welcome here, whether that was the intention of the posters or not. I doubt virtually any of them will be offended, but they'll spend their time elsewhere all the same.

Likewise, I'm not experiencing any trauma here. It just makes me really sad when geek culture comes across as exclusionary, because feeling excluded is already such a pillar of the geek experience, and we should know better. The Moonstone frame is highly muscular, in addition to having pronounced feminine features. Nevermind that I've literally seen people on here claim that it should be the form used for all female figures, it's just not a good fit for Emma Frost, who would be described as muscular (within the context of superheroines) by exactly nobody. The upcoming figure seems to be overcompensating in the chest department, but is otherwise pretty accurate, and a great looking figure either way.

• 2 weeks later...

I know nothing (Jon Snow) about the Infamous Iron Man, but the more Inlook at the Porto for Emma the less I hate it.  Yes, the attire is not the definitive version, but it is still a very cool (pun intended) representation of her.  At the end of the day I am always excited to have more X characters though, so I am a bit biased