SDCC 2019 Hopes

Aldryff

What would you like to see at SDCC 2019? Whether it be ML, Select, anything! 

I personally hope to see more movie characters being made, kinda like how we're getting MJ, Peggy, and Luis. 

I'd LOVE to see Ultron like how he looked towards the end of his movie. Maybe Red Skull like how he appeared in IW. IW/Endgame War-Machine. 

Probably out of reach now but i'd also love to see the netflix characters come back like Punisher in his vest with no coat look. the all black daredevil fit. Elektra in her Defenders fit.  so and so forth. I dont know what's in store for this year but it could be a very exciting one! what do you all want to see?

17 minutes ago, tarot said:

Sad to say I don't think we will get anymore Netflix figure anymore. Maybe after the 2 year thing had been used up and they can put them on Hulu. 

Anyhow, I hope we get another few 80th figures, some another Serpent (Preferably Diamondback) and another T-Bolt member.

What's the 2 year thing? 

On one hand, I'd love to see more MCU figures:

-Justin Hammer/Whiplash 

-Mass release Red Skull with coat

-Thunderbolt Ross

-Warriors Three

-Quicksilver/AoU Hawkeye

-Malekith

-Batroc

-Collector/Cosmo/Howard the Duck

-Hank Pym/Janet van Dyne

-Zemo

-The Ancient One

-The first Shocker

-Sharon Carter

-Kraglin

... list keeps going doesn't it? 

But on the other hand, I wish they just show things I don't really want to buy. My wallet is suffering a lot as it is. Read the budget for what was shown and it was 2000+ usd, that's a ridiculous amount of money. If hasbro really thinks the average collector can dish out that amount per year, they're not really paying attention, this could burn out terribly.

SDCC 2019 Hopes: 
Yes, ...I hope the new line of the 80 Years of Marvel ... really opens up doors to The Silver Age and Golden Age of Marvel Characters.  
I would love to see a full line-up of The All-Winners Squad... with The Original Human Torch, (one of the 'Founding Members' of the Timely/Marvel Age), Toro, a 1940ish Captain America, Bucky, Namor-The Sub-Mariner (maybe with his triangular head), The Whizzer, ... and Miss America.!!
...Maybe with the Red Skull ... in a green Nazi jumpsuit... Hasbro could throw in Master Man, Warrior Woman ... and other Golden Age villains ... to stand up to the ALL-WINNERS SQUAD.!! 
With the release of the Classic THOR, ... and Captain America, IronMan, The Hulk, Quicksilver, a new Scarlet Witch, and Loki ... 
Maybe Hasbro could give us some of the Silver Age Avengers ... and supporting cast ...like: 
Rick Jones, GIANT-MAN, The Wasp, Avengers_Vol_1_2.thumb.jpg.70996db712b752563545e6a7c8b4acb6.jpg....

Zemo, ... and some of the MASTERS OF EVIL ... like detail.thumb.jpg.1e0acface92401d2fb9d8bb4861e7538.jpgthe Cover to ...THE AVENGERS #6 ... 
and if we had The Melter, and the Villainous Black Knight... 
we would have all the cast members...!! 
All Ten (10) of them...

What a GREAT DEAL.!!! 

THAT'S what I really hope for at the SDCC ... a reveal of all those WONDERFUL, Marvel Characters...!!!  After 80 years ... I think we are 'almost' entitled to them.!! 
LOL.!!!

Here's a 'push' I have for ... The Original, Golden Age, HUMAN TORCH.!! 
He, along with Namor, The SUB-MARINER, ... And ...CAPTAIN AMERICA ... made up the Triumvirate of Timely/Marvel... laying the real Groundwork for the Marvel Age.!! 
We have Namor and Captain America ...!!  
Now it would be great to get the third member of the Group..... The Human Torch.
Unknown-3.thumb.jpeg.aa7473a9b04c9d3607396450b5143e14.jpegRemember his debut.... 
in MARVEL COMICS.... 
He was the cover feature... 
Surely, you remember....

Human_Torch_(Marvels_1_1994).thumb.jpg.4e41369719746004f7d29707f2d8f63f.jpgHe blazed brightly ... out of Professor Horton's lab...
... and set the World 'on fire'.!! 

~ He saved New York from an out of control ...
Sub-Mariner... Remember.???

729202._SX360_QL80_TTD_.thumb.jpg.577bbdb3b3dd27e40cee43076ee7cd98.jpgA Legendary Battle that they, to this day, still write about...!! 
Their 'War' was Historic .... 
'Fire meets Water'... 
How can any of us Forget this Flaming Hero ~ early in
the Decade of the 1940's ... ??? 

So, ... I say... no Marvel Legends Collection is complete or will be complete without this Great Action Hero...!!! 

And if my 'Hopes' for the SDCC 2019 are REALLY HIGH... 
I hope for this: 
The Original Human Torch... his young pal, ... Toro ... 
and the rest of ...THE ALL-WINNERS SQUAD.!!  allwinnerssquad.thumb.jpg.c6710b04923ce2e89a71e9dc64c3c553.jpg

You remember them, don't you.??  
The Human Torch, Toro, Captain America, Bucky, Namor~The Sub-Mariner, The Whizzer, ....and Miss America...!! 

AllWinners19.thumb.jpg.3c01af82ec7114dc09957063d1b636fd.jpgLegendary Tales ... fighting against crooks, crime, and all sorts of bad-guys....

Whether it was small-time villains...

AllWinners21.thumb.jpg.bb353cea537013ce0f0373b63ead9f33.jpg... or villains from The Future... 
They were always ready to fight for the good... and Justice.!! 

Tell me you haven't forgotten this team of Legendary Heroes...All-Winners_Squad_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_4_13_001.thumb.jpg.173fab0b2320eb2b35ad6afea9eff9d0.jpg

To me, ... they were the GREAT forerunners to The Mighty AVENGERS...
CLASSIC in their own right...!!

a81ff742595cd5283b93c1663ae5be2a.thumb.jpg.0dd5efea02febf84aeee130aeb0b82f8.jpgThey had a number of Adventures ...that need yet to be told.... 
From on the battlefield ... fighting The Red Skull ...and the Nazi menace...

Dyz-8azWsAATCRY.thumb.jpg.91caadf627a0e7d38f4c7718059c8518.jpg... to tales of Adventure only hinted at... 
which might NEVER be told.!! 

And don't forget probably the lesser know members of the Group... images-2.thumb.jpeg.53d2b6cb57fb5054b83d08d67b0bc895.jpeg

The 'wonderful' Whizzer.... 

200px-MissAmericaComics_n1_1944.thumb.jpg.8c61060c9eda2268fc0e25f3d444bad2.jpgand...
Miss America... 

So, ... my SDCC 2019 Hopes are HIGH... 
These are the figures I'm 'hoping' for: 

The AVENGERS: 
1) Rick Jones ... Friend of The Hulk ... and Captain America (among others) 
2) GIANT-MAN
3) The Wasp
4) Zemo...
5) The Melter
6) The Villainous Black Knight

The ALL-WINNERS SQUAD: 
7) THE HUMAN TORCH --one figure: 'Flamed on'... 16) one figure 'Flamed Off' (Jim Hammond) 
8) Toro-- one figure 'Flamed on' .... 17) one figure 'Flamed Off' .... Toro ... 
9) CAPTAIN AMERICA
10) Bucky
11) NAMOR, THE SUB-MARINER...( A 1940'ish triangular head) 
12)The WHIZZER- the great speedster...
13) MISS AMERICA-  beautiful as always.!! 

14) Professor Horton...
15) Betty Dean...

18) The Red Skull... in a green Nazi jumpsuit...
19) Master Man
20) Warrior Woman .....

Sure, ... I would be broke... but I would be VERY happy ... to add all these wonderful, Silver Age and Golden Age Marvel Heroes to my Marvel Legends figures collection...!!! 
High Hopes.!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, Scruffy_Nerd said:

i know people don't really like re issues but i need rogue and i'm not paying  $60 plus for her. an xmen vintage wave 2 with rogue with maybe lighter shade of green.

You and me both! and im sure they will. i foolishly overpaid for the jubilee baf for her to be released in the costume i preferred more anyway lol.

1 hour ago, Captainjack said:

Here's a 'push' I have for ... The Original, Golden Age, HUMAN TORCH.!! 
He, along with Namor, The SUB-MARINER, ... And ...CAPTAIN AMERICA ... made up the Triumvirate of Timely/Marvel... laying the real Groundwork for the Marvel Age.!! 
We have Namor and Captain America ...!!  
Now it would be great to get the third member of the Group..... The Human Torch.
Unknown-3.thumb.jpeg.aa7473a9b04c9d3607396450b5143e14.jpegRemember his debut.... 
in MARVEL COMICS.... 
He was the cover feature... 
Surely, you remember....

Human_Torch_(Marvels_1_1994).thumb.jpg.4e41369719746004f7d29707f2d8f63f.jpgHe blazed brightly ... out of Professor Horton's lab...
... and set the World 'on fire'.!! 

~ He saved New York from an out of control ...
Sub-Mariner... Remember.???

729202._SX360_QL80_TTD_.thumb.jpg.577bbdb3b3dd27e40cee43076ee7cd98.jpgA Legendary Battle that they, to this day, still write about...!! 
Their 'War' was Historic .... 
'Fire meets Water'... 
How can any of us Forget this Flaming Hero ~ early in
the Decade of the 1940's ... ??? 

So, ... I say... no Marvel Legends Collection is complete or will be complete without this Great Action Hero...!!! 

this brings back memories i used to love the toybiz one so much. 

They've been doing so well knocking out the missing movie characters lately that it almost feels greedy, but Quicksilver and Wong would be great.

I suspect we're eventually getting Amadeus Cho built on the new Buscema Hulk torso, but not sure if we'll see it this soon.

A Shang-Chi would be a nice addition, as he's one of the Avengers we're still missing.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, Captainjack said:

SDCC 2019 Hopes: 
Yes, ...I hope the new line of the 80 Years of Marvel ... really opens up doors to The Silver Age and Golden Age of Marvel Characters.  
I would love to see a full line-up of The All-Winners Squad... with The Original Human Torch, (one of the 'Founding Members' of the Timely/Marvel Age), Toro, a 1940ish Captain America, Bucky, Namor-The Sub-Mariner (maybe with his triangular head), The Whizzer, ... and Miss America.!!

For some reason this got me thinking of a set of SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS.

1. Sgt. Nick Fury

2. Cpl. Dum Dum Dugan

3. Pvt. Gabe Jones

4. Pvt. Izzy Cohen

5. Pvt. Dino Manelli

It wouldn't be overly costly on Hasbro's part since they would all be wearing the same basic G.I. uniform so a lot of the same reusable parts and body molds. Maybe a few differences to distinguish them and different heads and paint, but not too complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Speculating off the top of my head:

X-Men related:

Some X-Men reveals like last time,

1.) Jim Lee Storm if we do not get her this year. ( I expect a running change like we got with Psylocke with a sliver version and a white version.) I am going off the teaser question from the last SDCC of which color do we want her painted.

2.) Emma Frost in her classic white uniform maybe if we do get Storm this year. (With the way they are doing females now days I don't know if we will ever get her the way we want.)

3.) Some villain maybe Lady Deathstrike or something. It depends on where we get Storm.

4.) Some obscure character.

Spiderman related:

1.) Classic Vulture (He's due and his chances are pretty high of popping up).

2.) Blade in trenchcoat (Huge guess on my part and we are due for another Spidey ally hero to pop up.)

3.) Member of New Warriors (One of them is due to show up.) or Life Foundation (one of them is really due to show up.) We might get both figures from each group. 

Vintage Wave:

I want another Homerun like we got in wave two.

Dr. Doom (Classic)

Falcon (If we get Classic Vulture then I suspect Falcon to pop up.)

Dr. Strange (80's uniform)

Just some of my guesses.

I'd like to see Squirrel Girl, Enigma, Classic Scourge, Rogue in her X-Men Legacy costume, Madrox in his X-Factor Investigations outfit, a Bradstreet style Punisher, Peggy Carter in her blue dress and red hat from the Agent Carter tv show.  That what I'd like to see, but it's not what I think we'll see. I'm guessing maybe we'll see Squirrel Girl.  Maybe.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, tarot said:

@memocromatico Marvel / Disney can't do anything with the characters until 2-years has passed.

I actually think I read (please, don't as me where) it was a limited agreement. More like a non-compete clause. I think it was if Marvel chose not to renew the contract with Netflix they were not allowed to immediately move it to another network or produce programming themselves. That way it ensured that Marvel, realizing any of these fairly risky properties were actually successful or profitable, could take that property to a competing network that was willing to pay more for the license. In the event that Netflix cancelled the show, which both companies were sure to specify was what was done, I think Marvel would be free to try to "save" that property and resume trying to develop that property. Otherwise, it would be feasable to think a company like Netflix, should they come into some kind of conflict with Marvel, could intentionally tank a show, cancel it and Marvel would be helpless to try to recessutate that property and instead have to watch it stagnate and wither for 2 years. Even if it were the case, I believe a little "greasing" by Disney could make that problem go away fairly easily. Of course, I wouldn't expect Marvel to pick up right away where the Netflix series left off (especially under the Disney umbrella) but I do think we'll be seeing something sooner than later. I'd love to see those same actors come back, particularly in the case of DD and JJ, but I sincerely doubt they come back nearly as "gritty" as their Netflix personas. They could probably go outside and throw a rock and hit someone that would do just as well a job, or better, as the actors who played Cage and Rand.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, tarot said:

@memocromatico Marvel / Disney can't do anything with the characters until 2-years has passed.

I actually think I read (please, don't as me where) it was a limited agreement. More like a non compete clause. I think it was if Marvel chose not to renew the contract with Netflix they were not allowed to immediately move it to another network or produce programming themselves. That way it ensured that Marvel, realizing any of these fairly risky properties were actually successful or profitable, could take that property to a competing network that was willing to pay more for the license. In the event that Netflix cancelled the show, which both companies were sure to specify was what was done, I think Marvel would be free to try to "save" that property and resume trying to develop that property. Otherwise, it would be feasable to think a company like Netflix, should they come into some kind of conflict with Marvel, could intentionally tank a show, cancel it and Marvel would be helpless to try to recessutate that property and instead have to watch it stagnate and wither for 2 years. Even if it took a little "greasing" from Disney, I'm sure they could smooth things out. Of course, I wouldn't expect Marvel to pick up right away where the Netflix series left off (especially under the Disney umbrella) but of think we'll be seeing something sooner than later.

You know a set I'd love? Acts of Vengeance. With Mandarin in his blue / white armor, Red Skull in a suit, the Wizard, Kingpin and a Loki too....'seems like a lot of these exist and could be updated, ...ooo, then a companion heroes set! Ah, dare to dream.......oh and I will dance of joy if a box set of the original New Warriors or Thunderbolts is ever made

5 hours ago, mako said:

And yes, I know Cap wasn't a founding Avenger in the comics, but an Avengers set without Cap is like a pizza without cheese. Yes you could do it, but why, that's stupid.

Lactose intolerance? Veganism? Being Sicilian? People eat pizza without cheese all the time.

I want to more classic, comic goodness. You know.... REAL Marvel Legends :tongue: 

But seriously, I'd like to see another Riders set. Whether that be Ghost Rider (Ketch), Vengeance, 90s Iceman or classic Green Goblin.

And the rest of the Waves that weren't fully revealed.

edit: oh and 90s Domino because... always. And Starjammers and classic Capt Marvel or Ms Marvel.

Honestly don't even know. I'm still wowed about Toy Fair's showcase  lol.

Riders Iceman would be sweet!! They should definitely do that. I'm kinda torn on whether I want anything X-Men-related to end up as the SDCC exclusive, though. On the one hand, I want more X-Men to exist, but on the other hand I'd rather not have to pay a fortune to own them, and there's no way I'm getting out to San Diego.