X-Men '90s Jim Lee

Emnems80

as of the Caliban wave yes for the blue team

• Cyclops from the Warlock wave
  • Wolverine from both the Jugg wave and the Apocalypse wave (he wore the brown first then switch to the yellow)
  • Rogue from the Juggs wave
  • Psylocke from the Apocalypse wave
  • Jubilee from the Caliban wave
  • Gambit from the Cali wave
  • Beast from the Caliban
  • Magneto from the 80th set

but we are still waiting on members from the gold team, so far we have:

• Jean from the Rocket racoon wave (needs redo though)
  • Archangel from the gamestop exclusive
  • Bishop from the sauron wave
  • Forge from the caliban wave
  • Colossus from the 80th set

toybiz did a version Storm and Iceman but both need a desparate update to fit in.

before anyone say Nightcrawle, Shadowcat and Rachel, they were over in England with Excalibur at the time and not a member of either team. Same for Cable and the X-force and Havok and the X-Factor.

Technically, yes... but there are a few that have not yet been made by Hasbro in the costumes from X-Men #1.

- Storm:  The only figure of Storm in her white “Gold Team” costume is from the Toy Biz X-Men series (2005)

https://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=766

- Iceman:  The Iceman from the Juggernaut BAF wave represents a more modern version of the character with more ice protrusions, styled hair, and bare feet.  The figure from the “All-New X-Men” boxed set is closer to the X-Men #1 version of the character than his original “snowman” appearance from early Uncanny X-Men issues, but missing the X logo belt.  The Toy Biz Marvel Legends Series 8 (2005) figure has the X logo belt.

Jean Grey:  Hasbro made a version of the figure in this costume during the “Return of Marvel Legends” waves before the line was rebranded as “Infinite”.  So it’s been made, it’s just impossible to get for less than $80.

Obviously Professor X, Gambit, Beast, and Colossus are still waiting to be released in the coming months.

I think a Toy Biz style Iceman would be pretty easy with either the “All New X-Men” boxed set belt from Cyclops or Angel and the Silver Surfer head or the “All New X-Men” Iceman on the slim male buck.

They could also use the Apocalypse wave Wolverine belt... just depends on if they want to be accurate to the 5” Toy Biz figure or if the want to be accurate to the Jim Lee costume art.

72589012-9CC6-4A54-BED2-F07B8E134E06.jpeg

0AA89634-EBF8-4DE3-82BD-6EC2C068E0EB.jpeg

490A4B52-27ED-485E-8D50-9071658A26E9.jpeg

E5F3FC9E-56D5-4B35-A45A-312AFE153C0C.jpeg

I'm hoping that silver costume Storm and Deathstrike are some of the "yet to be named" figs from the vintage wave, but that would be 3 female figs and we know that ain't gonna happen. If I was a betting man I would say Storm gets the nod. As far as the last figure? If they go the standard repaint route I can't think of anyone more suited for the task than Iceman. Of course, if new sculpts or parts are suddenly on the table for vintage waves, what about Longshot or Maverick or Pyro (though the last one is also reasonable for the X-Force wave).

Toy Biz Pyro.jpg

Toy Biz Maverick.jpg

Toy Biz Longshot.jpg

I know I am pretty excited in what we are getting. Beast, Gambit, Jubilee and Forge are not that far away from hitting! I got them all pre-ordered. Also Charles is coming very soon! Somehow I got a feeling that Iceman might pop up like ArchAngel did as a Gamestop exclusive and as a deluxe with an iceslide. I don't know I just got a feeling.

images.jpg

54 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Well I doubt Hasbro will release remaining 90's Storm (and maybe Jean Grey or Iceman)  this year, I think they would like to save those 3 for the next year. Maybe we will see them at SDCC or next Toy Fair, as it is we are getting too many figures already.  

Good point. Anyone taking bets that this guy makes it into the Vintage wave?

BTW, I'm confused. Could you possibly elaborate on the phrase "too many figures"?

Toy Biz Banshee.jpg

It seems there is a general misconception regarding the upcoming 80th Anniversary Colossus. He's based on the Cockrum/Byrne look from the 70's/80's and not the Lee/Portacio design from the 90's.

On the left is Dave Cockrum's design and the other two images are from Lee and Portacio, respectively. Note the difference in Cockrum's pointed shoulders vs. Lee's squared design, the tops of the boots are different, and the wrist gauntlets as well.

I'm glad we're getting the classic Colossus costume but we still need an official Lee version too.

m8S7N6q.jpg

RCO013_1469408758.jpg

RCO013.jpg

Aside from Storm, Jean and a better Iceman I'd also like to see an update on Toad, Pyro and Avalanche. And Morph! Man! Every time I remember the 90s series I remember him and Nimrod. I'd love to see them now that Hasbro is doing an amazing job lately. Also, now that we have Sauron and we are going to get a new Mister Sinister I'd also love to see a redo of Ka-zar, Shanna and Zabu.

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I general hasbro is making highest amount of legends to date, and highest amount of x-men legends as well. 

Lol. I was half kidding. I'm a huge nerd and was brought up super poor so now days I'm buying up all the toys I never could afford as a kid, and at a time when action figures and the balance between design and artucularion are in harmonious balance. Basically enough is never enough. What I'm afraid of is with the acquisition of Power Rangers and Overwatch, and others, what kind of impact will it have on ML. I know there will be different creative and developmental teams for each line but the actual production facilities can only be stretched so far. Initially the impact will be minimal, but as all the other lines gain steam I'm afraid the quantity of ML product we've been accustomed to will be affected.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Lol. I was half kidding. I'm a huge nerd and was brought up super poor so now days I'm buying up all the toys I never could afford as a kid, and at a time when action figures and the balance between design and artucularion are in harmonious balance. Basically enough is never enough. What I'm afraid of is with the acquisition of Power Rangers and Overwatch, and others, what kind of impact will it have on ML. I know there will be different creative and developmental teams for each line but the actual production facilities can only be stretched so far. Initially the impact will be minimal, but as all the other lines gain steam I'm afraid the quantity of ML product we've been accustomed to will be affected.

Oh :D sure, but for my budget, that is also split with comic books trades, such number of new figures is very taxing, even though I hardly get full waves. 

What’d be great is a deluxe figure with the 90’s blue and gold X-Men uniform and a bunch of additional parts to create a variety of characters...

- Banshee head (neutral)

- Banshe head (screaming)

- Banshee cape

- Gambit head

- Gambit bo staff

- Gambit satchel

- Gambit cards effect

- Gambit trench coat 

- Gambit trench coat arms (have them interchangeable at the shoulder like Mr. Fantastic)

- Logan head

- Wolverine claw hands

- Morph head

- Morph evil head

- Joseph head

- Energy effects

- Flying (flat) hands 

- Gripping hands

- Fist hands

• 3 months later...