X-Men '90s Jim Lee

Emnems80

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After completing the Blue and Gold teams and nearly completing the X-Factor team Im thinking Hasbro will most likely focus during the next 2 years on completing the 90's X-Force and X-Factor teams, hopefully (aside from villians) we'll also get some sprinkled figures for classic 80's X-Men (like banshee and thunderbird), and maybe theyll start to make figures from the late 80's early 90's Excalibur team.  

26 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

hopefully (aside from villians) we'll also get some sprinkled figures for classic 80's X-Men (like banshee and thunderbird), and maybe theyll start to make figures from the late 80's early 90's Excalibur team.  

My first choice for a new Kitty Pryde would be a classic version in her New Mutants-style costume, but very close behind is her blue Excalibur look. I also really want them to redo Captain Britain; either the Alan Davis-designed Excalibur costume or his original Marvel UK look. 

21 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

My first choice for a new Kitty Pryde would be a classic version in her New Mutants-style costume, but very close behind is her blue Excalibur look. I also really want them to redo Captain Britain; either the Alan Davis-designed Excalibur costume or his original Marvel UK look. 

I think if they're thinking of starting up a new team the Excalibur team would be a good choise, we already got a Nightcrawler that would fit perfectly in that team, a blue costume Kitty has been in a lot of people's wishlist for a while now, add to those two a more classic Captain Britain, Meggan, Rachel Summers and a Cerirse be it a full body figure ot even just a little robot accesory included with one of the figures 

23 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I doubt Hasbro would do a New Mutants style. If they did they would probably just give a head sculpt only to plop on that New Mutants Walgreens exclusive that's coming out soon. But if Hasbro adds her to their X-Men lineup I agree with that costume. If they decide to build an Excalibur team I would vote for the blue costume.

14 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Bought some custom effects for Cyclops and Professor X. Does anyone know where I can buy (or how to possibly make) an effect piece for Magneto? I would really like to put a magnetic bubble shield around him.

IMG_20190812_201456.jpg

check ebay if you haven't already, they have a lot of knock off effects from figures if you know where to look

To make it a true Legends display shelled out the money for a Rogue (gonna be pissed if it's rereleased in the near future!). Also added Psylocke to the display. As stated earlier I have the vintage Iceman, I just need to make an iceslide. Have the new Jean Grey from the love triangle pack already preordered to complete the display!

IMG_20190814_182158.jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, joenubb said:

It seems there is a general misconception regarding the upcoming 80th Anniversary Colossus. He's based on the Cockrum/Byrne look from the 70's/80's....

...On the left is Dave Cockrum's design and the other two images are from Lee and Portacio, respectively...

m8S7N6q.jpg

RCO013_1469408758.jpg

RCO013.jpg

Glad you pointed out who designed Colossus' (and Nightcrawler's) outfits. Dave Cockrum was a MASTER illustrator and designed some of the most fantastic costumes in either Marvel or DC history. Were it not for Len Wein and him (lets face it, comics are VISUAL) there would be no Claremont/Bryne OR Claremont/Lee stories. There would've been no X-Men movies or figures, either. I'm glad they created something that could last for decades and entertain millions. Wish Dave were alive to see his creations put in action figure form.

My understanding is that Dave's widow gets royalty checks  related to Nightcrawler, so hopefully the recent figure's sales will do her some good.  

Agree that Cockrum designed some great costumes and characters.  Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm are all unforgettable imo.  While Byrne was probably my favorite x-artist overall, i have most of Cockrum's issues (although many are reprints - the Classic X-men Series)   The post-Phoenix saga team is pretty much my favorite x-roster.