Moonstone body debate w/ poll

SpiderS

Moonstone body debate w/ poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hasbro start using Moonstone body again for female characters that are more muscular?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I really don't care.
    • I would prefer all new body.

I think that this topic is getting some traction, in last 2 years we seen many figures that are using so called Kate Bishop body, which was great for her and other young adult females but isn't really accurate for Black Widow, Elektra or Silver Sable, (and Psylocke, even tho she has different type of body than them). Mentioned female characters are known to have muscle mass due to their intensive training,  and no, I'm not  talking about big boobs or butts, most  inaccurate is really skinny legs Kate bishop mold has, her butt is actually quite impressive.  Only good use of this mold was with Dark Phoenix because in that case Hasbro gave her different thicker legs. Of course,  as counter point we can argue that it all depends on art, but for the most majority of fans and artisits those character are seen as having more muscular proportions than average female, even Vintage Black Widows box art has noticeably more muscular proportions than figure.  Big Youtubers are also pointing out exact same point. Thankfully, Moonstone body makes  perfect sense for muscular characters like them, it's also much better as an action figure. For some mysterious reason Hasbro keeps neglecting that mold (and even legs from Dark Phoenix).  So why do you think about it? Is Moonstone mold too expensive and Hasbro just trying to save money?  Is there some other issue? Share your thoughts. Let Hasbro hear us. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 04.43.26.png

I guess it's just barely a question for me. Absolutely, the MS buck should be brought back into the fold, but even I'll admit it's not quite that simple. A keen eye will notice the "new" Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck is actually some kind of amalgamation of both the Kate Bishop upper body and torso and the Moonstone thighs. I'm a bit of a customizer so these little details are much more apparent when you're taking several figures apart to reassemble them to specific heights and proportions. What the Phoenix buck shows is that it's quite feasible to retool the parts from all the female bucks to be mixed and matched to accommodate pretty much any characters body type. It's more or less the Moonstone hourglass hips and chest that are getting the kabosh. It's just a shame cuz how many of us were so impressed when the Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch came out (in the same wave, no less) and we were praising that Hasbro finally got the female form right? Fast forward to 3 years later and one of those bucks has seen little to no representation, save for the Scream figure, which I believe was only for structural and stability reasons. Why did the Moonstone buck go away? Well, with no input from Hasbro themselves, the speculation and reasoning range anywhere between political reasons and cost saving measures. For the record, I tend to lean towards political/social reasons which to me are totally apparent by the redesign and redoing of pretty much every mass released figure that ever used the buck, but that's a discussion I'll avoid cuz it's one I've visited on several occasions already. Personal opinions aside, I think it's no secret that it's been shelved for whatever reason before it ever really reached its full potential. The jury is still out as to whether Hasbro actually values our input or not anymore, but there was a time when we strongly believed they tuned into this forum to get the general pulse of what the real fans thought. I guess it wouldn't hurt to clue them in on this issue. If they're even listening anymore.

#itshouldabeenmoonstone

I think it is more like Disney putting the pressure on them to get rid of it. They made Hasbro stop making the Slave Leia figure from Return of the Jedi due to someone throwing a fit that he was offended by how she looked. The whole ordeal seemed suspicious to me. Its gotta be Disney. Never had any problems till they took over Marvel and Star Wars.