Avengers: Endgame Marvel Legends First Look - Minor Spoilers

JayC

UPDATE: The third alternate headsculpt in this set may not be a masked Ronin head like I initially speculated. Upon further inspection it looks like it may be purple and an alternate female character head. If so perhaps it's a Nebula head for the Black Widow figure which makes the set a little better as far as if you are buying multiples of them. Until we get a better quality image though its impossible to say what exactly that 3rd headsculpt is.

J The Fanboy 7 alerts us to what appears to be our first look at Hasbro's Avengers: Endgame Marvel Legends offerings with a new 2-Pack.

The 2-pack features figures of Hawkeye/Ronin without mask and Black Widow who are both wearing those strange Avengers suits we have seen pop up in a lot of the leaked promo art in recent months.

Besides Hawkeye's bow and Black Widows batons and pistol, the set seems to include 3 different headsculpts. Iron Man, Ant Man and one other which may be Ronin's mask. We assume this is so you can switch out the heads with the Hawkeye figure so you can also use it as an Ant-Man and/or Iron Man figure, characters who will likely be wearing the Avengers suits in the movie as well. It's a cool idea but kinda sucks they are doing it with a 2-pack which means if you want Hawkeye, Iron Man and Ant-Man in these suits all at the same time you are also going to have buy multiple Black Widow figures. If you want to check out the image which is very blurry, CLICK HERE.

Avengers: Endgame products are supposed to be on shelves by March 31.

2 minutes ago, TheNaiveSkrub said:

I doubt that they are going to release another  Avengers suit character which sucks a lot since now you have to buy multiples of the 40 dollar 2 pack to get the body. The new headsculpts do look pretty good though.

We might be getting Cap in the suit for the first wave of Avengers themed figures.

13 minutes ago, JayC said:

We might be getting Cap in the suit for the first wave of Avengers themed figures.

That would be my bet as well. We all know there will have to be either Cap or IM (or both) in the first wave and since IM shows up here, logic would dictate that Cap be in the first wave. Thing is, will the body be Cap specific or universal so we don't have to buy multiple 2 packs to complete each figure? And if it is universal, will they also be doing a single card female version as to have to avoid the same problem?

38 minutes ago, TheNaiveSkrub said:

I doubt that they are going to release another  Avengers suit character which sucks a lot since now you have to buy multiples of the 40 dollar 2 pack to get the body. The new headsculpts do look pretty good though.

right? I agree that it's an odd strategy because if you buy....... 4? you can have multiple figures but many leftovers, including 3 extra Black Widows.....my math might be off as I haven't had coffee yet....so unless there's a secret clone subplot, this feels like a very wasetful buying plan...... Hmm, I hope there's more to it.

I find it weird that one of the heads is for Iron Man. In the leaked action figures, you could see marks of armor plating on the advanced tech suit, while the Captain America figure had human musculature marked. What I mean is that I would've expected Iron Man to have a unique advance tech suit mold and be released on his own instead of with this universal mold. I guess they didn't include a Captain America head because they would have to include a shield as an accesory?

I also think it's kind of a nice touch to include the alternate heads, since you would already be able to get the Iron Man, Ant-Man and Nebula heads from previous releases. However, if I were Hasbro I would've included only two alternate heads. Making the amount of male and female heads uneven means that to get all characters, you'll end up with a spare female body.

Yeah, the third headsculpt is definitely Nebula. You can see that it's purple with blue lines on each side. You can even make out the cybernetic eye.

1 hour ago, galahad33 said:

right? I agree that it's an odd strategy because if you buy....... 4? you can have multiple figures but many leftovers, including 3 extra Black Widows.....my math might be off as I haven't had coffee yet....so unless there's a secret clone subplot, this feels like a very wasetful buying plan...... Hmm, I hope there's more to it.

Yet, a very brilliant marketing plan on Hasbro's part. Fair, no. But brilliant nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, ADour said:

I find it weird that one of the heads is for Iron Man. In the leaked action figures, you could see marks of armor plating on the advanced tech suit, while the Captain America figure had human musculature marked. What I mean is that I would've expected Iron Man to have a unique advance tech suit mold and be released on his own instead of with this universal mold. I guess they didn't include a Captain America head because they would have to include a shield as an accesory? Either way, if I were Hasbro I would've included only two alternate heads. Making the amount of male and female heads uneven means that to get all characters, you'll end up with a spare female body.

Yeah, the third headsculpt is definitely Nebula. You can see that it's purple with blue lines on each side. You can even make out the cybernetic eye.

Well in the 6" basics leaks the card back shows what looks like Stark in a quantum suit with his IM helmet on. The real question is is he just wearing the standard uniform with just the helmet activated or is the suit actually on top of or integrated into the Iron Man armor? I tend to think there is most likely a point in the movie where Stark is simply wearing the same uniform as everyone else while wearing just the helmet as the rest of the suit can easily be contained in his chest unit. Another thing that would point me in that direction is that if there was an actual armor that Stark devised to coordinate with the standard uniform then you better believe Hasbro would be making an actual IM figure to cash in on what would most likely be little more than a repaint of the Mark 50. That's not to say that can't still make it into the final line up, but it does beg the question why the IM head sculpt would be included in the 2 pack. Unless, of course, it's an alternate battle damaged head or some such. Also remember the trailer where Stark is stranded in space and pretty much all that's left of his armor is the helmet. Does the rest of the team don these "uniforms" to rescue him in space and he returns to Earth wearing only the uniform and helmet? I tell you what, these leaks are creating a hella lotta questions and build up for the movie. This is either one of the loosest media campaigns tied to a major blockbuster movie in modern history or the most brilliant one, cuz all the leaks are amping my desire to see the movie even more, if only to find out exactly WTF is going on here.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

Well in the 6" basics leaks the card back shows what looks like Stark in a quantum suit with his IM helmet on. The real question is is he just wearing the standard uniform with just the helmet activated or is the suit actually on top of or integrated into the Iron Man armor? I tend to think there is most likely a point in the movie where Stark is simply wearing the same uniform as everyone else while wearing just the helmet as the rest of the suit can easily be contained in his chest unit. Another thing that would point me in that direction is that if there was an actual armor that Stark devised to coordinate with the standard uniform then you better believe Hasbro would be making an actual IM figure to cash in on what would most likely be little more than a repaint of the Mark 50. That's not to say that can't still make it into the final line up, but it does beg the question why the IM head sculpt would be included in the 2 pack. Unless, of course, it's an alternate battle damaged head or some such. Also remember the trailer where Stark is stranded in space and pretty much all that's left of his armor is the helmet. Does the rest of the team don these "uniforms" to rescue him in space and he returns to Earth wearing only the uniform and helmet? I tell you what, these leaks are creating a hella lotta questions and build up for the movie. This is either one of the loosest media campaigns tied to a major blockbuster movie in modern history or the most brilliant one, cuz all the leaks are amping my desire to see the movie even more, if only to find out exactly WTF is going on here.

Sin+t%25C3%25ADtulo.jpg

Based on the toy leaks, it might be that the advanced tech suit is on top of (or integrated into) the armor. Like I mentioned, Captain America's advanced tech suit toy has normal human musculature marked on the suit, while in Iron Man's advanced tech suit toy, you can see armor plating instead.

3 minutes ago, ADour said:

Sin+t%25C3%25ADtulo.jpg

Based on the toy leaks, it might be that the advanced tech suit is on top of (or integrated into) the armor. Like I mentioned, Captain America's advanced tech suit toy has normal human musculature marked on the suit, while in Iron Man's advanced tech suit toy, you can see armor plating instead.

I see what you're saying now. Good eye. Soooo, this would lead me to believe the helmet sculpt included in the 2 pack is actually something like a damaged alternate (the picture at just so blurry, plobably by design) head sculpt to possibly be used on what will most likely be a single card Quantum Uniform Armor IM. Then again it could serve multi purposes as there could very well be a point Stark wears the helmet with only the plain uniform as well. Either way I've had a premonition and I see many, many multiple purchases in our future.

I still think it will be odd if they actually wear their masks/helmets with these suits in the movie. IF these are some kind of suit to wear for time travel such I would think they would just have the suits on and no regular costume parts. I guess if they are wearing these suits over their regular costumes it might make more sense but being they barley keep there masks/helmets on normally in the movies I would be surprised they had them on with these. Guess we will see when the movie comes out or we get a new trailer.