Availability of new Captain Marvel/ Black Panther figures.

TheNaiveSkrub

I saw 3 cases of the Captain Marvel wave at a Target over the weekend as I was out hunting Targets for the Neca TMNT 2packs. They had a Captain Marvel end cap with a case and half on it and then the regular aisle had the other case and a half pegged up. What I did find amusing is that all the Grey Gargoyles were gone. Every single figure from all 3 cases were there, except GG lol.

I have also seen Black Panther Wave 2 several times at GameStop’s and Walmart’s. I was able to grab two extra Killmongers from Walmart (just for the guns he comes with) because Walmart had all the BP figs ringing up at $5. I needed those extra handguns and assault rifles that Killmonger comes with (since they $5 each) but I left the rest of the figs on the shelf. Walmart is so terrible...

I hit up my local Walgreen's yesterday to see if Mystique was in stock (which she was) and there was also a full case of the Captain Marvel wave there. Went to another Walgreen's before that and saw some of the latest Black Panther wave there BUT some peasant collector returned them with random figures put inside... I hate that!

Which, by the way, Walgreen's is having a sale that'll (I believe ) last till March 30th. Mystique rang up for 14.99.

36 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

I hit up my local Walgreen's yesterday to see if Mystique was in stock (which she was) and there was also a full case of the Captain Marvel wave there. Went to another Walgreen's before that and saw some of the latest Black Panther wave there BUT some peasant collector returned them with random figures put inside... I hate that!

Which, by the way, Walgreen's is having a sale that'll (I believe ) last till March 30th. Mystique rang up for 14.99.

What general area was this in? I have yet to see Mystique in Northern California..

Here in North Texas there is zero rhyme or reason to how the waves are being distributed. I'll see the Cap Marvel wave at half the WMs and the BP wave at the other, but never together. All Targets have Captain Marvel but no BP. I'm not particularly fond of either wave but I've been able to get the ones I want (Killmonger, Klaue, Genis-Vell & Captain Marvel).

I've seen both waves at Walmart and at Gamestop.  Haven't seen at Walgreens but mine tend to be woefully behind.   

The Kingpin wave is the one i really haven't seen in the wild (outside of a single 6-arm spidey at Gamestop) but that doesn't surprise me since non-movie Spidey waves tend to be skipped by my local retailers. or perhaps skipped is the wrong word, its more like the spidey waves are likely to randomly show up 6 months or a year from now, after everyone has moved on to chasing other waves.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Here in NC I can’t find any of the Kingpin wave.  I’ve seen multiples of all of the Captain Marvel wave at Walmart and Target and a smattering of BP wave 2 at Walgreens, but the distro just isn’t there for Kingpin.

My local WM did get a Kingpin wave maybe 2 weeks ago, i grabbed Silver Sable. the rest have all sold since then, while a bunch of the cap marvel wave have remained (along with the panther figs from BP wave 2).  Gamestop would be another place to try looking for KP wave although they are more expensive. Amazon seems to have at least a chunk of the wave at msrp.  

Still haven't seen binary, what gives Walmart??? Are you gonna wait til the movie leaves theatres before releasing this figure, lol

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

My local WM did get a Kingpin wave maybe 2 weeks ago, i grabbed Silver Sable. the rest have all sold since then, while a bunch of the cap marvel wave have remained (along with the panther figs from BP wave 2).  Gamestop would be another place to try looking for KP wave although they are more expensive. Amazon seems to have at least a chunk of the wave at msrp.  

Still haven't seen binary, what gives Walmart??? Are you gonna wait til the movie leaves theatres before releasing this figure, lol

Man Walmart is the worst with exclusives.  I collected pops for a long time (before I got tired of it) and Walmart always mishandled their exclusives.  I would put a page monitor up on the placeholder though.  It will definitely go up online first.