The Most Dissapointing action figure

Raufito

What is the most dissapointing action figure in your experience?

In my case, this was a Spider-Punk because of its stretchable plastic guitar strap. At some point, the guitar was so loose that it hung almost at the feet of the figure. The strap is a complete disappointment

I was super disappointed with Emma Frost from the Puck wave when that dropped. If I remember correctly, the proto shots had a cape, which they obviously removed. Figure has heels and makes it difficult to stand.  Just an overall bland figure for a great character that desperately needed an update. I'll be thrilled with the Marvel NOW version coming out but I'm still awaiting a classic White Queen.

I dont hate anything I have bought as of late but

ps4 gamerverse spidey, it took buying 2 figures to get one with tolerable paint apps .

and im probably going to catch heat for this but the Marvel Now Deadpool ML we got. I love him now but thats only after giving him 3rd party accessories and the sheathes from the classic Deadpool so there was an X behind him. also had to mess with his hands a lot in order to hold his swords 

9 minutes ago, hugoone said:

I was super disappointed with Emma Frost from the Puck wave when that dropped. If I remember correctly, the proto shots had a cape, which they obviously removed. Figure has heels and makes it difficult to stand.  Just an overall bland figure for a great character that desperately needed an update. I'll be thrilled with the Marvel NOW version coming out but I'm still awaiting a classic White Queen.

no the prototype never was pictured with a cape. That version of Emma Frost never wore a cape in that costume anyway (during the San Fransico period).

Wolverine-Legends-Marvel-Legends-Rogue-a

The one you must be thinking of is the Annihilus wave version.

I was disappointed with Banshee figure from the first Hasbro wave. The articulation and paint were below the standard Toy-Biz set. The X-Men are my favorite so he is kind of a let down.

The Age of Apocalypse Sunfire was a little disappointing for the rabbit ear flames on his head. Another letdown exacerbated by the affection I had for the character.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, Raufito said:

What is the most dissapointing action figure in your experience?

In my case, this was a Spider-Punk because of its stretchable plastic guitar strap. At some point, the guitar was so loose that it hung almost at the feet of the figure. The strap is a complete disappointment

I too find the strap annoying but i love that figure so much!! i just work around it, using a clip or tie to shorten the strap behind spidey (or wherever it can't be seen in a photo).. i was tempted to cut it off and replace it but in the end decided to leave it be.

I'm not sure whom i would say is most disappointing. I liked most of the figs i bought in 2018, a few underwhelming ones were Lasher, Paladin, and Spider-Ham. Doc Ock's non-bendy tentacles and Lizard's weird tail were annoying but i still like those figs.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, tarot said:

no the prototype never was pictured with a cape. That version of Emma Frost never wore a cape in that costume anyway (during the San Fransico period).

Wolverine-Legends-Marvel-Legends-Rogue-a

The one you must be thinking of is the Annihilus wave version.

I thought I was the only one who remembered that. I think it was just a grand assumption that she was supposed to come with a cape because that's always the way people associated the character. Also, the freaky one Hasbro had done previously came with one, as poorly done as it was.

on the point of most disappointing figure, mine is by far, the Six-Arm Spidey. It wasn't just the fact that even though Hasbro has done a 6 arm figure (admittedly, aesthetically dissimilar) with some kind of torso articulation, but the buck they used was entirely too small and the paint apps were nonexistent, especially when compared to the official product shots.

Comparison.jpg

For me, it's the Marvel NOW! Iron Man from the Hulkbuster wave. I was very excited when it was first "announced" via leaks, but all that excitement came crashing down after first seeing it on display at a con. The Model 42 suit is an awesome armor and Hasbro really did a disservice when they just decided to reuse the mold from the MCU MK IV, without any kind of retooling. It's a joke that the repulsor nodes in the back of the hand and the shoulder pad are just plain red paint dots. They look like accidental paint splotches. In addition to that, the mold itself is very outdated, with limited articulation and underscaled.

I can feel somebody telling me that besides the lazy way around the repulsor nodes and the outdated mold, it still looks similar to the Model 42. But that's only because they grabbed the closest to a generic Iron Man mold and changed its color scheme to fit that of the Model 42 without taking into account the actual design of the armor. If you soaked the figure in a plain color, you wouldn't be able to tell it's meant to be the Model 42 (example here). I would be okay with this if the re-use of the mold wasn't intended to be an actual adaptation of the armor, but only a homage (like the S.H.Figuarts "Age of Heroes" Iron Man that is a reissue of the MK III with the Marvel NOW! color scheme). The only saving grace could be that the helmet can be considered "accurate"... if you base that assertion on the way the armor was drawn by Greg Land (and a couple other minor artists that caught on that trend for some reason). But, then again, the way Greg Land drew the helmet was not accurate in the first place.

Another point in Hasbro's defense would be the the fact that the Model 42 is a comic book armor, so they'd need to sculpt the mold from zero and it's not like the movie suits where Marvel Studios basically does the job for Hasbro and all Hasbro needs to do is to adapt it into action figure form. Except, Hasbro has had a mold for this armor since at least 2013, because it was used for an Iron Man action figure of the Avengers Assemble 3.75" line (with that very same sculpt being later painted black and gold in another release). They also used the mold for a 6"-ish vinyl action figure from 2014. So, yeah, all Hasbro needed to do was to give the mold Marvel Legends-standard articulation. I also get that they were looking to cut corners on that particular wave since the BAF was the Hulkbuster, but they still did the Model 42 a disservice.

Old Man Logan for me.  I absolutely love the original Mark Millar comic run and could not be more excited for the figure, but when I got it I was super bummed that there was no trenchcoat, hat, or baby Hulk.  Even some regular hands would have been amazing.  I still proudly display him since he is my only 1/12 version of the character, but man what a missed opportunity.

3 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Thor Ragnarock Loki, bad face, weird articulation...

weird cape that doesn't stay on,  no accessories and on top of that, hands that aren't designed to hold knives (i usually give him Drax' blades).   Yeah back when i first heard we were getting an mcu Loki figure for Ragnarok  i was excited, but it definitely turned out to be a let-down.  I wonder if the Corvus 2-pack version will be much of an improvement.

9 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Old Man Logan for me.  I absolutely love the original Mark Millar comic run and could not be more excited for the figure, but when I got it I was super bummed that there was no trenchcoat, hat, or baby Hulk.  Even some regular hands would have been amazing.  I still proudly display him since he is my only 1/12 version of the character, but man what a missed opportunity.

yeah the lack of alternate hands is especially weird... or they could have given him removable claws.  i prefer the adjustable claws on x-23 and tiger stripe wolverine since my OML's claws have been a bit warped from the get-go.

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

yeah the lack of alternate hands is especially weird... or they could have given him removable claws.  i prefer the adjustable claws on x-23 and tiger stripe wolverine since my OML's claws have been a bit warped from the get-go.

It is amazing how many figures aren't getting alternate hands, look at the MCU Thanos Iron Spider