The Most Dissapointing action figure

Raufito

I thought of another one that may actually cause a bit of a stir, but Pizza Spidey/Vintage Spidey.  I passed on Pizza Spidey a few times in the wild then regretted it big time later, so when the vintage one hit, I scooped it up quick.  After opening it though, I found I really didn’t like the whole leg situation.  I don’t know if he is too tall, too skinny, or the hips fit into the crotch piece weird but it looks...off.  And i especially don’t dig that you can’t really get him in the iconic “croutching spider, hidden identity” pose. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy the figure and I am glad I have it, but it was certainly a disappointment once I had him in hand.

Honestly one of my least favorites was the Man Thing wave Electra, I love the Daredevil series and basically every other figure of that wave, but idk she just looks so bland and boring and I literally only bought her for the BAF piece. The worst thing anything can be is forgettable, and to me she’s just a waste of plastic 

In order to be disappointed, I would have to have really wanted the figure in question, and been disappointed when I got it.  So I disqualify all the figures I bought merely to complete a BaF, as I had no expectations or desires for those figures in the first place.

Therefore, given the time, money, and effort (and stress) that went into completing the Infinity War Thanos figure, he is my biggest disappointment.  Wrong color, goofy expression, and the lack of helmet.  Then the BIGGEST slap in the face to all of us that went through all that stress and expense was the re-release of that exact figure with improved color and expression !    Man, was I pissed!

In protest, I got the vastly superior Disney Select Thanos and proudly display him on my MCU shelf.  We shall see if the Endgame Thanos BaF is another disappointment or not.

0115192053a.jpg

23 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Too many to list. That happy meal looking Kree Sentry & 6 armed Spidey & Doppleganger being just the latest.  I've seen Kree Sentry customs that are in actual scale & blow away what Hasbro phoned in.

kree sentry custom 1.jpg

kree sentry custom 2.jpg

Kree Sentry customs by Raybot.jpg

kree sentry.htm 104.38 kB · 0 downloads

I'm not familiar with the Kree Sentries at all, but to be fair, their character designs look to be a bit boring already.  The BAF Hasbro made doesn't look good, but it looks like the source material at least.  

12 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Not about the source material, it's about making a munchkin version that looks all compressed & has arms/legs that can barely bend 45 degrees. Just one of the worst BAFs ever. Hasbro woulda been better off doing a comic accurate Ronin BAF instead. 

I get what you are saying.  I guess I am just surprised that this dude was a BAF at all considering how bland it is.

I was pretty disappointed by the Punisher 12" Icons figure.  Toybiz Icons had been great, Hasbro had just taken over Legends, and the prototype looked pretty damn good.  I had no idea that thing was going to be so bad.  Ordered it online and threw it in some box shortly after it arrived.  I think I wound up giving it to Goodwill.

4 hours ago, Satam said:

I was pretty disappointed by the Punisher 12" Icons figure.  Toybiz Icons had been great, Hasbro had just taken over Legends, and the prototype looked pretty damn good.  I had no idea that thing was going to be so bad.  Ordered it online and threw it in some box shortly after it arrived.  I think I wound up giving it to Goodwill.

I feel like a lot of the early Hasbro could fall into this category.  The Black Bolt figure they did early on sticks out the most to me.  Limited articulation and virtually no pose ability.