New X-Men: Dark Phoenix Movie Poster Revealed With New Trailer Coming Later Today

JayC

This is what Captain Marvel shoulda been. A bad ass woman with some serious ayass kicking abilities that doesn't have to remind you she's a woman every time she opens her mouth. Right about the time Fox gets their act together, big bad Disney comes to pull the rug out from under them. On the flip side I'm sure Marvel will do a great job folding them into the MCU, and who knows, maybe they'll actually get some damn costumes this go 'round.

It's not the culmination of a damn thing.  (Yes, I know those are Fox's words, Jay, not yours).  This is a new "family of mutants" with the same names as the ones I "came to know and love" in a movie trying do something in a couple hours that should take a couple movies at least.  We just met Sophie Turner's Jean and Whateverhisnameis's Scott in the last movie, which was bad, and this looks bad, too, albeit less so.

• 4 weeks later...

20th Century Fox has revealed the final poster for X-Men: Dark Phoenix which you can check out below. They also have dubbed Monday May 13th as #XMenDay where they will be revealing exclusive content, special events, and fun surprises.

Dark-Phoenix-Poster-Final.jpg

I was hoping the merger would kill this atrocity, but here we are. If you wanted to adapt one of the most iconic X-men storylines you could have slowly built up to it in the span of more movies. Once again someone decided it was a good idea to rush an adaptation of a popular storyline while ignoring the aspects that made the story good in the first place. Mystique is still playing hero for some reason but at least it looks like she dies in this one so I would be spared of Lawrence's awful line delivery and her bad makeup which seems to get progressively worse. We still have Quicksilver shoehorned in with the X-men because people love his slo-mo/time freeze sequences. Looks like Magneto may be an antagonist yet again because they haven't overused him enough. Sophie Turner still acts like a robot and in these movies she doesn't have Game of Thrones writing to make her tolerable. Am I the only one who is getting X-men the Last Stand vibes from these trailers?

20th Century Fox has released a new featurette look back at the history of the X-Men in the movies.

This is the story of one of the X-Men’s most beloved characters, Jean Grey, as she evolves into the iconic DARK PHOENIX. During a life-threatening rescue mission in space, Jean is hit by a cosmic force that transforms her into one of the most powerful mutants of all. Wrestling with this increasingly unstable power as well as her own personal demons, Jean spirals out of control, tearing the X-Men family apart and threatening to destroy the very fabric of our planet. The film is the most intense and emotional X-Men movie ever made. It is the culmination of 20 years of X-Men movies, as the family of mutants that we've come to know and love must face their most devastating enemy yet -- one of their own. In Theaters June 7

3 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, in other words don't go see this movie for the quality of this movie, go see it for the nostalgia of the original X-Men movies #Marketing :)

I think it might back fire (more), I mean they made me remember the Last Stand, which is terrible, Wolverine Origins, which is terrible, and Apocalypse, which is terrible... why should I want to watch this movie? I mean, really?

I know Beast, and thought maybe the guy could be Bishop, but the girl with Magneto I have no idea. I do know that Storm is looking very nice. I think I like her better than Halley Barry. Maybe they want to kill Jean because of GOT. The ending made some people upset.

8 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

LOL, I had to watch it a second time to make sure the soldiers actually turn their guns on the helicopter instead of the person who is clearly controlling the helicopter.

LOL, I don't think they were turning their guns on the chopper I think they were watching it to see what it was doing and trying to get out of it's way.