New X-Men: Dark Phoenix Movie Poster Revealed With New Trailer Coming Later Today

JayC

9 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I for one am excited for this movie...I hope I'm not disappointed by it. I'm not a Sophie Turner fan but I am an avid X-men fan so I'll be there in the top row June 7th with my kids!!

Yeah, I don't subscribe the same anti-Fox sentiments either. I just love how everyone forgets Marvel Studios is the house built on X-Men and Spider-Man movies, as if Marvel had it all figured out from the jump. Piece of trivia for ya. How many Marvel based movies grossed over 100 million before Fox did X-Men? None. So yes, it's great news that Marvel got the rights back, and yes they will do a great job, and yes it's good to know the fate of the MCU no longer rests on the narrow shoulders of an honestly uninteresting character with numerous failed comic runs played by an equally unappealing, hateful, condescending and marginally successful actress with an undeserving sense of self worth, but let's give a little credit where credit is due. Without Fox and the X-Men (who Marvel tried to burn down with those lame-ass Inhumans, remember) there would be no Marvel Studios.

Mark my words. It'll be better than most think and not half as preachy as Captain Marvel. No one wants to go to a movie to be chided and talked down to. Yes, it'll be a movie that has a message, but it will be far from the movie built around a crusade propaganda piece that Captain Marvel was.

7 hours ago, silverback said:

Hah, I don't know what all the big fuss is about. I will go to see this movie just because its the X MEN. And if I don't think its any good, so what. I can wait for the MCU to make one that's better. its a win, win guys.

So there with you my friend. I would love to see an animated X-men movie while we wait for them to debut in the MCU. SO MANY GREAT STORIES TO TELL! 

• 2 weeks later...

In a franchise that has had it's ups and downs, it would appear the final chapter in the 20th Century Fox X-Men legacy will end in failure. The move which opened this past weekend was first greeted with a wave of bad reviews giving it a 22 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and a B- CinemaScore. With the movie being seemingly panned by fans and critics alike, you can imagine that wouldn't bode well for it's performance at the box office. Bringing in only $33 million here in the US this weekend has made Dark Phoenix the lowest earning debut for any X-Men movie.

Really the only silver lining here is the next time we see the X-Men on the big screen, it should be with a fresh start as part of Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I heard it was pretty bad too, but can't help but wonder if Fox woulda taken the Disney approach and bought half the tickets sold and given them away or sold them at massive discount to boost box office numbers like they did with Captain Marvel it mighta given better optics. In the long run though, what's the benefit of Fox doing so with a franchise that has no Future with the company? Better to just take the hit, throw the metric tons of money Disney gave them into future projects (or just swim in it like Scrooge McDuck) and move on. Leave all the "creative" book keeping to the professionals.

What i love is all the silly excuses starting.  As if this would've been a huge hit had it just been released in Feb instead of June. Or as if the average movie-goer decided to skip this movie based on Disney buying Fox.  

Probably the most charitable thing you could say is that this movie flopping can be somewhat chalked up to how terrible Apocalypse was, and a lot of people deciding they were done with this iteration of X-Men after that. But I still think people would've forgiven that if this movie had some positive critical reception and was well-received by early audiences.  There are a few people singing its praises but most comments suggest it is forgettable at best and possibly the worst in the franchise. I might check it out this week but doesn't seem like i need to buy tickets ahead of time or anything.

Fox: "Now that Bryan Singer is out, who should we get to direct the final chapter of the X-Men franchise?"

Some random Dumbass: "Duh! How about we give it to the idiot who refuses to give Fantastic Four back to Marvel. First time director."

Fox: "Great idea! Here is a promotion."

Simon Kinberg's directorial debut flops!

41 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Fox: "Now that Bryan Singer is out, who should we get to direct the final chapter of the X-Men franchise?"

Some random Dumbass: "Duh! How about we give it to the idiot who refuses to give Fantastic Four back to Marvel. First time director."

Fox: "Great idea! Here is a promotion."

Simon Kinberg's directorial debut flops!

From what i read, Kinberg directed a few bits of DOFP when Singer refused to show up, and directed more of Apocalpyse for the same reason, during which he forged a good relationship with McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence .. which supposedly was part of what made them  signi on for a 4th film. Don't know how much truth there is to that though

Sounds about right. That's Hollywood for ya. Sure, let's take the advice of the spoiled rotten help that we hired to play a character of a character playing a character. We already buried boat loads of money into their salaries, let's bury more millions into their directorial vision, cuz if anyone knows anything about Hollywood actors, they're really smart, and not shallow and self centered at all. Next, let's put them on their soapbox and have them force their social and political opinions on the public. It's not a coincidence that most of the successful projects that come outta LaLa Land happen when people just shut up and do the jobs they are paid (and qualified) to do.