New X-Men: Dark Phoenix Movie Poster Revealed With New Trailer Coming Later Today

JayC

Unfortunately it looks like 20th Century Fox is still going forward with this final X-Men movie done under their watch which is titled "Dark Phoenix". A new poster has been released which features Jean Grey and is reminiscent of the horrid X-Men: Last Stand movie poster. A new trailer is expected to drop sometime tonight and the movie is slated for release on June 7. The day Disney and Marvel Studios actually take over the X-Men can't come soon enough for us and regardless of how the studio's handle this fiasco, we will likely just pretend it was all a bad dream had by Logan who we hope wakes up in Avengers HQ at the end of it.

1 of 1

Damn, JC, way to be a total downer. I'm not all that convinced that its gonna suck that bad. You gotta admit the last few movies did a pretty decent job of getting their act back together. The franchise also suffers from the fact that its constantly being viewed and compared to the MCU movies. When taken on their own merit and compared to many other so called "blockbusters" out there, they're actually not that bad. You can't tell me that even though they were poorly cast, the last few X-Franchise movies were not better than the last few Transformers movies. The entire franchise just had the misfortune of being one of the first super hero franchises to get a movie deal and really fall behind the times. Secondly, instead of going the Spider-Man route and doing a proper reboot after the first 3 movie arch they opted to keep cashing in on the Jackman/Wolverine connection and go the "time travel fixes everything" route. We all know how those projects turn out and for this very reason I'm afraid Marvel Studios is going fall victim to the same mistake and ruin what was up to this point a very successful Avengers movie franchise. Yes, Marvel will handle it much better and yes Rogue will be treated much better in their hands, that goes without saying, but I do like Sophie Turner as Jean and McAvoy as Prof. X and and this Quicksilver is a hella lot cooler than the MCU version and this movie's already done, so let's just see what they got before we completely burn it down. At least they're not hitting us with the immediate rabid feminism vibe that were getting from Captian Marvel right of the bat.

Here is the second full trailer for 20th Century Fox's upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie.

In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite -- not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

In Theaters June 7, 2019

Written and Directed by: Simon Kinberg Produced by: Simon Kinberg, Hutch Parker, Lauren Shuler Donner, Todd Hallowell

Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Evan Peters, and Jessica Chastain

18 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

While I don’t hate this movie, and I’m going to watch it and probably enjoy it, I’m pretty sure, like me, everyone is just viewing this as passing time until the MCU gets the X-Men. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us.

I may honestly wait till home release for this one. Right now there is nothing about it that interest me in paying to go to the theater and watching it.

49 minutes ago, mako said:

Oh yeah, cause they've done such a wonderful job on Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy.

To each his own, but this fan of Thor for 35 years and fan of GotG since the Star-Lord mini in Annihilation Conquest enjoyed the mcu versions of these characters tremendously and i think feige & co. will do a great job incorporating the X-men into the mcu.

That said, after being disappointed by Age of Apocalypse i don't have high expectations for Fox' adaptation of the Phoenix Saga.  I'm sure i'll end up seeing it but not sure if i'll wait for it do come out on demand or see it in the theaters. Agree with others that its hard to get invested in this movie when we know that this is the finale for Fox' X-men.

Then Marvel needs to get to developing something for the X-Men ASAP cuz judging by the way Brie Larson, who is suddenly Hollywood Royalty for no apparent reason at all, is running her mouth, she's about to sink the Captain Marvel boat before it even leaves the dock and she isn't gonna be able to carry the MCU to the next stage like they expect. Brie, the people you're running your crusade against, y'know the evil white men, make up a large majority of the comic book fan base. I happen to know a lot of white men and they are all pretty decent people, but you've managed in the last month or so to convince them to stay home. Consequently, you've also convinced this brown man to keep himself and anyone else he can convince to stay home as well. I hope Captain Marvel is a one off and the next time we see ol' Danvers is when Rogue is killer her off and stealing her powers in the MCU's version of the X-Men

43 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Then Marvel needs to get to developing something for the X-Men ASAP cuz judging by the way Brie Larson, who is suddenly Hollywood Royalty for no apparent reason at all, is running her mouth, she's about to sink the Captain Marvel boat before it even leaves the dock and she isn't gonna be able to carry the MCU to the next stage like they expect. Brie, the people you're running your crusade against, y'know the evil white men, make up a large majority of the comic book fan base. I happen to know a lot of white men and they are all pretty decent people, but you've managed in the last month or so to convince them to stay home. Consequently, you've also convinced this brown man to keep himself and anyone else he can convince to stay home as well. I hope Captain Marvel is a one off and the next time we see ol' Danvers is when Rogue is killer her off and stealing her powers in the MCU's version of the X-Men

I doubt fabricated internet rage over comments taken out of context will do much damage for Captain Marvel box office results. Most people will go see it just so they can get the next piece of the Endgame puzzle which is what  IMO has helped propel many of these B/C lister Marvel characters like Dr Strange, Ant-Man and GOTG to box office successes. Captain Marvel won't do Infinity War good but will do good enough, and after that EndGame is all anyone will be talking about.

I do agree that they need to get the ball rolling with X-Men. If they were smart they would add something to the end of Dark Phoenix teasing their entry into the MCU, unless of course they are going to wipe the slate totally clean and start fresh with X-Men, at which point they should probably tease something in EndGame.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

I doubt fabricated internet rage over comments taken out of context will do much damage for Captain Marvel box office results. Most people will go see it just so they can get the next piece of the Endgame puzzle which is what  IMO has helped propel many of these B/C lister Marvel characters like Dr Strange, Ant-Man and GOTG to box office successes. Captain Marvel won't do Infinity War good but will do good enough, and after that EndGame is all anyone will be talking about.

I do agree that they need to get the ball rolling with X-Men. If they were smart they would add something to the end of Dark Phoenix teasing their entry into the MCU, unless of course they are going to wipe the slate totally clean and start fresh with X-Men, at which point they should probably tease something in EndGame.

I was fair about it. Of course, that's the first thing people say when they're trying to put out a fire. So I looked it up. I'll buy that the first comment was maybe taken outta context, maybe even a few, but if you look any further than the comment the media chose for us to focus on and defend you'll find she's said it and similar things quite a few more times than that. It's pretty apparant that she's a vapid, arrogant "you know what". She's a terrible person and I hope she fails, though I don't exactly hope the MCU as a whole fails. At the end of the day I'm sure she's just doing what Disney expected of her, stir up the peasants with "truly fabricated" prejudice and discrimination issues. Otherwise how could you explain someone with as limited exposure and success as she's had having such a sense of self worth and self righteousness to basically act like the job was looking for her rather than her looking for a job. It's so orchestrated. I predict it will be a failure in at least as far as what's typical for a Marvel movie. They strategically placed it between Infinity War and Endgame so that people would almost have to tune in for fear of not catching the tie-in between the two. Don't take this as me being political cuz I'm actually calling for it to not be political. Just shut up and do what you do, act. Nobody cares about the political views of the rich, spoiled elite that don't have to worry about the daily grind cuz everything is catered to them. But they do care when you start to criticize and belittle their identity and sense of self worth. Just shut up.

It looks interesting but all these movies have been lukewarm at best in how good they were. They werent that memorable nor great on their source material. I dont expect this one to be any more than that and hope it fails just so it can end and Marvel can reboot it all into something more viable and much much better. 

Well, from reading some of the comments I guess its mixed feelings about Fox's last X men movie. I haven't been totally overjoyed about fox's interpretation of the X men story, but I just look at it as a "what if" type of story telling. Not very familiar with all the buzz about Brie Larson's point of view, but I make it a rule not to care about what actors do when they are off the silver screen. I have come to find that some actors have vastly different beliefs than myself. Their job is to entertain, not be a role model, or political advisor or spiritual advisor. We can make our own choices for ourselves. 

This trailer looks good.  I'm still interested in Fox's final X-men movie.  Overall, they've done a good or at least decent job.  Will have to see if my brother wants to see this in theatres, as we've already committed to Endgame(Can only go to a movie theatre once or twice a year, and it's normally during the Late Spring to mid-Summer time). 

Do like that the Phoenix powers inside her is enhanced thanks their trip to Space.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that Jean's Dark Phoenix costume is pretty much the same as the one from X3: The Last Stand.  Was hoping for something a bit more Phoenix like.  Maybe even if they took her X-men costume in this movie(The Dark Blue with the Yellow "X") and turned it into a Red with Orange X, and I think would of looked nicer(In a way, homage to her X-Factor Red Costume).  Could say that her she just changed the look and/or colours of her costume just because.  Maybe give her some Red Leather pants and knee high black boots to fit with the whole look this X-men Movie Universe has had, though that might be me trying to sexualized this version of Dark Phoenix a little bit.  Though for Dark Phoenix, that might make a bit of sense, since she ideally would be tapping into a darker side of herself.

That white hair woman, is it suppose to be Lilandra?  If so, would be kind of neat if she and Charles still had some sort of flirting going on between the 2, even if this woman has her own agenda in using Jean as a Weapon, as Charles tries to stop her.

It's too bad Fox chose to go out with a Dark Phoenix movie. I feel like the mcu is much better equipped to handle this storyline since its already established that there are alien races, some of whom already have Earth on their radar.  Plus a Marvel Studios production wouldn't be so beholden to jamming Mystique and Magneto front and center every single movie.  And consequently they would've spent more time building up characters like Jean and Scott, not to mention Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.  And i doubt they would'be done the stupid "set each film in a different decade, even though the characters don't age at all and we won't actually bother doing much with the different time settings". Seriously, there's no reason that DoFP and AoA couldn't have been set in the 60s shortly after the events of First Class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

20th Century Fox has released the final official trailer for X-Men: Dark Phoenix which opens in theaters on June 7.

This is the story of one of the X-Men’s most beloved characters, Jean Grey, as she evolves into the iconic DARK PHOENIX. During a life-threatening rescue mission in space, Jean is hit by a cosmic force that transforms her into one of the most powerful mutants of all. Wrestling with this increasingly unstable power as well as her own personal demons, Jean spirals out of control, tearing the X-Men family apart and threatening to destroy the very fabric of our planet. The film is the most intense and emotional X-Men movie ever made. It is the culmination of 20 years of X-Men movies, as the family of mutants that we've come to know and love must face their most devastating enemy yet -- one of their own.