Predictions on the SDCC box set this year?

Dabboi

1 hour ago, tarot said:

My guess it will be something to do with the Captain Marvel Franchise. Maybe all the people who have been Captain Marvel.

Thats a good guess, either that or a Avengers set.

Im also thinking if they can get everything right with his estate with the rights and all, maybe a single carded figure of Stan lee with a bunch of accesories that have to do with all his creations.

Until that POS from last year the SDCC exclusive followed a pretty basic formula for the previous 3 or 4 years. It's usually made up of an existing BAF or a retooling of such and a few repaints and characters easily made with existing molds. Based on those guidelines I'd say Alpha Flight is a pretty good possibility. Maybe a white Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, a redeco Guardian and Puck from Wolverine Legends. I'd also say there's a pretty good chance we might see a crime boss box set with a Black Suit Kingpin and maybe the Rose, Owl, Jigsaw and the Hood or some others.

I'm torn, I would love a great comic inspire SDCC boxset, but at the same time, I would prefer they release something from the MCU, so I don't have to spend more money tracking the comic one, like last year.

But if they do release a comic boxset, I would love an Uncanny Avengers set or an Inner Circle one

The SDCC sets have been getting weaker and weaker with each passing year. (As others here have noted, too.)

I'm not expecting much other than 3-4 repaints and maybe 2 original figures.

As for the theme, I wouldn't mind seeing something to do with the 80th Ann of Marvel. Hey-- Maybe they can put that unreleased Stan Lee figure in there!!! Now THAT would be awesome!

If they do something with Captain Marvel (which I highly doubt) I just need some new comic-styled Kree and Skrulls and a new original Mar-Vell Captain Marvel!

I also got to thinking that they might do a tribute to Stan Lee with his passing not too long ago. First Appearance Spiderman, First Appearance Hulk (Grey reusing the Hulk from the upcoming two pack), Stan Lee figure (I don't know if they can do this or not legally), Classic Dr. Doom, and Classic Dr. Strange (First Appearance look or 80's uniform). Slap the 80's Anniversary label on it.

This would be a nice tribute and a highly sought after collecter's set.

5 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I also got to thinking that they might do a tribute to Stan Lee with his passing not too long ago. First Appearance Spiderman, First Appearance Hulk (Grey reusing the Hulk from the upcoming two pack), Stan Lee figure (I don't know if they can do this or not legally), Classic Dr. Doom, and Classic Dr. Strange (First Appearance look or 80's uniform). Slap the 80's Anniversary label on it.

This would be a nice tribute and a highly sought after collecter's set.

I would not be the least bit surprised if they did that.  I've been expecting that the previously cancelled Stan Lee BAF would show up as a Comic Con exclusive this year.

I agree. having a stan lee figure right after his death is in extremely bad taste. He may have been a legend but he was still human. To profit off of him after his death is just wrong of companies and yes even fans. Leave the man rest until you start requesting figure of him.

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

I agree. having a stan lee figure right after his death is in extremely bad taste. He may have been a legend but he was still human. To profit off of him after his death is just wrong of companies and yes even fans. Leave the man rest until you start requesting figure of him.

It was not a request but something I figured Hasbro might do. I like playing these guessing games. They could leave the Stan Lee figure out and just do it as a 80  year anniversary thing.

I want a tribute to marvel team-up 137 (Aunt May and Franklin Richards) when Aunt May become Galactus' herald. Set would contain:

- a re-release of the Marvel Universe 19" Galactus

- Franklin Richards 1:12 scale figure 

Aunt May "Golden Oldie" 1:12 figure

-assorted 1:12 scale hostess snacks

I suppose you can throw in a "peter parker in pajamas" figure too. 

• 2 weeks later...