Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Mystique Available Online For $13.99

JayC

Saw an announcement about this a few minutes ago and grabbed her!! woo-hoo!!!  FYI you need to order $35 to qualify for free shipping, but if you don't, shipping just brings her back up to MSRP, still a good deal imo!!  Relieved at not having to toy hunt at WG (my LEAST favorite place to hunt) although i'm sure i'll check my locals a few more times during the month-long sale.

Of course iirc with the Thing, Walgreens took so many orders they ended up having to cancel a bunch of them, hopefully mine made it in time but guess i'll find out in a few days.  But if you are looking for her, i would strike now!

Thanks for the tip JayC, got up this morning and went to my two closest Walgreens. Strike one, strike two, no joy at either store. So I came back home and ordered online. Online was 13.99 plus S/H 21.62 total. But I'm happy. Will be happier when it arrives in a couple days.

This isn’t right! They were only availible for a few hours. Now sold out. I’ve gone to the 6 in my area, and their shelves are bare. Looks like i will have to pay scalper prices for Mystique, what a joke!! Wallgreens and hasbro need to figure out a fair way of getting these to real collectors, not scalper scumbags!

Hit my Walgreens haunts right after work. Scalpers are abound, as usual, one in particular. Shelves were bare. Hit up a few managers. One found 4 in the back. I took 2 and suggested there was a scalper out & about. Said he hadda put em on the shelf cuz he already scanned them as shelf stock. I shoulda took em all.

I feel your pain, I was never able to get the new silver surfer from Walgreens, they never put them on the shelves here. Sold out online in a few days, and if they ever did hit shelves scalpers took them all. Scalpers are the kryptonite of a true collector.

Edited by silverback
need the space

1 hour ago, mako said:

Take it easy bud. Just keep checking, it'll come. Just don't feed the scalpers, its a losing proposition all the way around.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

I feel your pain, I was never able to get the new silver surfer from Walgreens, they never put them on the shelves here. Sold out online in a few days, and if they ever did hit shelves scalpers took them all. Scalpers are the kryptonite of a true collector.

meet the kree003.jpg

infiltration002.jpg

Same here! I never saw a silver surfer either! I never have a problem with exclusives, except for wallgreens!

1 hour ago, mako said:

Take it easy bud. Just keep checking, it'll come. Just don't feed the scalpers, its a losing proposition all the way around.

It’s pretty frustrating for a collector! I never saw a silver surfer when it came out! From my experience they get one shipment of exclusives and that is it, so I don’t have much choice but pay $30 for a figure that retails for $20!  I look on ebay and there are around 200 at $30 and up! Wallgreens is the only place I have trouble finding exclusives, that is unless its the yellow daredevil! 

13 minutes ago, mako said:

Hey, I feel your pain. I'm STILL trying to find a Red Goblin for a decent price. Just don't get discouraged.

I have yet to see the Kingpin wave in any brick and mortar. Its funny because I’m seeing the Spdr wave (the one with Doc Ock) pop up as though it were just released, in my area. Have a feeling I won’t be seeing the Kingpin wave for awhile? 

13 hours ago, Podtera said:

It’s pretty frustrating for a collector! I never saw a silver surfer when it came out! From my experience they get one shipment of exclusives and that is it, so I don’t have much choice but pay $30 for a figure that retails for $20!  I look on ebay and there are around 200 at $30 and up! Wallgreens is the only place I have trouble finding exclusives, that is unless its the yellow daredevil! 

Most the Walgreens exclusives get put online at least once if not more. Some are harder to get like Thing and Silver Surfer but most the others from what i've seen have been made fairly readily available. As far as exclusives go Walgreens and Target are usually the two best places for being able to find them. TRU used to be pretty bad and Walmart is the worst. At the end of the day though if its a figure you have to seriously hunt around for, meaning you have to go out of your way to a store multiple times to check and see if a they have it, paying an extra $10 isn't that big a deal when you take into account how much you probably wasted in gas as well as time going to the store trying to find it at regular retail. I used to enjoy going out toy hunting but not anymore. It generally ends in frustration and waste of time. I don't condone scalping in general and those that try and charge like three times the cost of regular retail are just ridiculous, and of course in a perfect world it would be nice if we could just walk into any Walgreens or whatever store carrying these things and have a reasonable expectation that it will be well stocked there, but we all know I think that's not usually the case.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Hard to say with Spider-Man vaves. I've seen waves hit everywhere at once, and yet there are waves I've never seen at brick-n-mortar. Unless it happens to be a movie tie-in, its pretty much a crap-shoot.

I saw the Kingpin wave the other day at my Walmart. I figure if my Walmart has it in, every Walmart must be getting them in good numbers because my Walmart is the worst.

I was lucky and was able to snag her online yesterday after I saw a facebook post in a collector group I m on. I have still not seen a Reed or a Surfer or a Magik in any of my walgreens around me.. and there are a BUNCH around me. I was lucky one day and found a Thing out of nowhere. Its a jungle out there. To any extent tho, I didnt try and go out of my way to find any of those, even thing, but Mystique is def one Ive been waiting for since Toybiz did her and never liked that sculpt. 

Very true! I wasted at least a half a tank of gas driving 45 miles out of town, as I only have one walgreens in town! I ended up caving in and getting one off ebay, I guess $27 isn’t as bad as it could get! My only issue with the ebay route is you don’t get the “pick of the litter”, so to speak! I guess the way to go is get real friendly with th walgreens staff and see if they’d let me know when they are getting shipments. Anyways, Thanks Jay C, for all you do!! 

Received both Mystique figures today, and while I'm certainly glad Hasbro produced her, I really wish they'd put just a bit more effort into it. Just me here, but I'd preferred a more robust body buck for her, along the lines of Rogue. The paints all look good, and I'm oh-so-glad they went with white instead of that yellow "wash" that the old Toybiz figures had (some had blue, and that was bad too). Boots and gloves are painted on (ugh!) not sculpted, but at least end in the pointed tops she often wears ( to be fair, she's had a number of designs, including thigh-length boots, so I cant gripe). Her signature gold skulls belt came out well, no black wash this time around. Be nice if they were a skosh bigger. The face sculpt is excellent, and the hair colour/shading is great, but the hair itself is so stiff, it prevents most vertical range of motion. No double jointed elbows or ab crunch on this one, unlike the Toybiz version, but she does have the standard double joined knees and torso "rocker". She comes with 2 swappable heads (Rogue and Lilandra) and I must say the Lilandra is fantastic. She also has two weapons, though why theyre yellow, is beyond me. All in all, good figure, but could've been better.