Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Mystique Available Online For $13.99

JayC

20 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Received both Mystique figures today, and while I'm certainly glad Hasbro produced her, I really wish they'd put just a bit more effort into it. Just me here, but I'd preferred a more robust body buck for her, along the lines of Rogue. The paints all look good, and I'm oh-so-glad they went with white instead of that yellow "wash" that the old Toybiz figures had (some had blue, and that was bad too). Boots and gloves are painted on (ugh!) not sculpted, but at least end in the pointed tops she often wears ( to be fair, she's had a number of designs, including thigh-length boots, so I cant gripe). Her signature gold skulls belt came out well, no black wash this time around. Be nice if they were a skosh bigger. The face sculpt is excellent, and the hair colour/shading is great, but the hair itself is so stiff, it prevents most vertical range of motion. No double jointed elbows or ab crunch on this one, unlike the Toybiz version, but she does have the standard double joined knees and torso "rocker". She comes with 2 swappable heads (Rogue and Lilandra) and I must say the Lilandra is fantastic. She also has two weapons, though why theyre yellow, is beyond me. All in all, good figure, but could've been better.

I got mine yesterday and shes a pretty good figure. Not much to her but that head sculpt is fantastic and makes the overall package. I feel the buck works well for her. Ive never seen her in the voluptuous curvy portrayal ever so having that buck makes no sense to me, but even if it she was, it seems Hasbro is done with it which is stupid. I dont ever recall a yellow wash on the toybiz one either, I think that is the plastics color fading but I could be wrong. They did have a weird looking blue wash for whatever reason tho. Definitely agree the skulls could be bigger. For me shes essential and a huuuuge upgrade from the Toybiz version even with very little effort in doing so. Not a big fan of the painted on clothing but I take what I can get if it looks good enough. Im not a fan of the super super skinny female body mold that shes on but it does it well enough. Again for me, the head pulls it all together. Fits the proportions and the overall aesthetic of who she is. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, JayC said:

I used to enjoy going out toy hunting but not anymore.

Same.  My buddy and I had a standing Friday afternoon hunt back in college.  We picked up some really great finds back in those early to mid Toybiz days.  It was often the highlight of my week.  We tried to go out this past summer on an old-fashioned hunt and it was just saddening.  We gave it up for good that night.

That said, I've had pretty good luck with the Walgreens exclusives in-store (I'm usually in there once a week for something else anyway) and last week while stopping in for a Gatorade, lo and behold there were three Mystiques just sitting there.  I was able to take care of me and my buddy and leave one for the next lucky soul.

I pretty much love the figure - definitely an upgrade from the Sentinel Series - but is anyone else going to #$## with me about the sloppy white paint all over the inside and top of her belt?  It can't just be me; all three of the ones I saw in the store were a mess down there.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, JayC said:

Most the Walgreens exclusives get put online at least once if not more. Some are harder to get like Thing and Silver Surfer but most the others from what i've seen have been made fairly readily available. As far as exclusives go Walgreens and Target are usually the two best places for being able to find them. TRU used to be pretty bad and Walmart is the worst. At the end of the day though if its a figure you have to seriously hunt around for, meaning you have to go out of your way to a store multiple times to check and see if a they have it, paying an extra $10 isn't that big a deal when you take into account how much you probably wasted in gas as well as time going to the store trying to find it at regular retail. I used to enjoy going out toy hunting but not anymore. It generally ends in frustration and waste of time. I don't condone scalping in general and those that try and charge like three times the cost of regular retail are just ridiculous, and of course in a perfect world it would be nice if we could just walk into any Walgreens or whatever store carrying these things and have a reasonable expectation that it will be well stocked there, but we all know I think that's not usually the case.

It's even more frustrating when you live in Canada! (no Walgreens here, and they don't ship International). Plus, many local specialty shops here are just as bad and often times worse than online scalpers. Sigh. Any how, thanks for the heads up on Mystique though, because fortunately I have sympathetic relatives living in the US that I can send items to. 

BTW...do fans here help other fans out with buying exclusives? (ala for fans who live outside the CONUS)?

All marvel legends are on sale for 13.99 in the southern Minneapolis area. There are a bunch of Mystique on the shelves and some of the next Black Panther wave. You have to have a Walgreens reward card to get the sale price.

Walgreens has driven me crazy all day today, ugh. Sometimes the listing says out of stock online, others there's an add to cart button but when you click it, it gives you a message about having 0 quantity available. :wacko: I'm going to keep trying, though. If I can't get the sale price, it won't be for lack of trying! *fist thump* :wink: