So, per another thread, the idea for this one came up. Knowing we live in a golden age of superhero costumes adapted for the big screen, I'd argue since Sam Raimi's "Spider-man" in 2002 (NOT counting the X-men's biker leathers) which is the best, the very best ever adapted costume on the big or small screen?...Granted, thinking of one probably makes you think of 5 more, all of which sound like good answers ......... and they are!.........but if you had to choose one, which would it be?......and for this site, which figure goes along best? (I'm biased and will always go with a Hot Toy)

For me, it's an embarrassment of riches thanks to the MCU, and I'll go with the SHIELD suit from "Captain America: Winter Soldier." Amazingly unexpected, faithful, functional that set a template for every other Cap uniform to follow, along with inspiring a perfect Hot Toy. It's impossible to pick one MCU costume........looking at you original Iron Man armor, for starters.....but I feel good with my choice.

Yours?

WarMachineIronManB2B-IM2.jpg

My pick is the Iron Man Armor MK IV. The MK III was near-perfect, and the MK IV builds on its flawless aesthetic, making the suit sleeker and more vibrant. It was realistic without resorting to an unnecessary amount of detail and plate sectioning. Each color section was well-defined; it wasn't simply a mostly-red scheme with small gold details scattered throughout, and almost as many unecessary grey sections. Like I mentioned, it's sleek, but doesn't resort to an overly-organic design. It simply looks like it belongs in both a comic and a movie. For an action figure to go with it, I'm really tempted to buy the S.H.Figuarts MK IV, but I'll have to make do with Hasbro's MK IV for the time being. That one is a good figure in its own right holds up pretty well, it even has better proportions than the FIguarts version.

My runner-ups are Captain America's Age of Ultron uniform, which worked the scheme of the American flag into a military uniform in a way it looked modern and didn't play down the colorfulness of the source material, the War Machine Armor MK I, that captured perfectly the "agressive Iron Man" look, and the War Machine Armor MK IV, which really pops with the stealth jet-inspired aeshtetic. Other costumes that I think are well-designed but don't blow me away are Spider-Man's Stark suit, Ant-Man and Wasp from the second movie, Vision, Thor from Age of Ultron, Black Panther's first suit, and Doctor Strange.

If we're outside Marvel, the batsuit in Batman v. Superman is pretty perfect. The film itself is a dumpster fire, but the suit is straight off the page.

In the MCU, I personally think the MK III Iron Man armor is the single most perfect adaptation of the comic art the entire franchise has done.

image.thumb.png.ab0eb1ebb3c07b84bbfdfa1a468df282.png

The Captain Marvel suit is on point.  I really dig that she maintained the Mohawk.  And I think the Ronin suit in Endgame will be as close as you can get onscreen without being offensive.