Any chance of Hasbro re-releasing Rogue

Tushar

On 6/14/2019 at 6:43 AM, bashpics99 said:

yeah one of those figures i kick myself for not buying it the time i saw it at the store.  (Electro and Chameleon are a couple of others but i think Rogue is # 1)

Oh, I have a long list of those.  Every new wave, I attempt to pick the ones I think are going to disappear first, and grab them.  When I go back for the next round of pickups, sometimes I am 100% right (never saw a Beast ever again), and other times I am waaaaay off (I still see Ant-man and Wasp clogging pegs, and Gladiator Thor and Loki were warming pegs HARD for a long time after I grabbed them first)

But I really need a Rogue.  I was so happy to snag  Mysterio, IW Thor, and Black Knight when they were restocked;  Rogue should get the same love.

We haven't really seen any straight re releases at all, have we? Like, we got Vintage Punisher but it wasn't the same as the Walgreen's exclusive, and we got Psylocke but it wasn't the same as the convention X-Force version. Tbh I would be surprised if Hasbro did a complete second run on the exact same Rogue figure, but maybe they will. I feel like she'll get a release on a Vintage card or in a multi-pack, but with a new portrait.

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

We haven't really seen any straight re releases at all, have we? Like, we got Vintage Punisher but it wasn't the same as the Walgreen's exclusive, and we got Psylocke but it wasn't the same as the convention X-Force version. Tbh I would be surprised if Hasbro did a complete second run on the exact same Rogue figure, but maybe they will. I feel like she'll get a release on a Vintage card or in a multi-pack, but with a new portrait.

That's what I was thinking.  It would be a first wouldn't it? I think a modified re-release on a vintage card will likely have the same portrait (better paint, I hope) but might have a green jacket like she had in the cartoon.  Or it'll have a plainer belt like the old toy.

4 hours ago, Satam said:

(better paint, I hope)

I'm glad you said it. I know how popular that figure is here, so I held back, but was going to respond to this:

6 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I feel like she'll get a release on a Vintage card or in a multi-pack, but with a new portrait.

With "Man, I hope so." That Rogue is a great figure, but the paint application on the eyes could use work. It's been the same on every copy I've seen.

6 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

We haven't really seen any straight re releases at all, have we?

Not recontextualized, no (although the upcoming two-pack Juggernaut is basically the same figure, but with an additional head), but we've seen straight reprintings. Mysterio comes to mind. Looooong after the Lizard wave had gone out of production, they reissued Mysterio in original packaging, complete with BAF part. Granted, a lot more time has passed since Rogue released, but there's at least precedent.

3 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I would love to see a reissue of the previously released figure!! I have one but I'd grab one to do an "animated series" custom. 

Good idea! I was gonna suggest Rogue with a ponytail, or a jacketless Rogue (obviously they would have to give her different upper arms (without the sleeves) just as an excuse to rerelease this figure but yours is much better.

10 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm glad you said it. I know how popular that figure is here, so I held back, but was going to respond to this:

The eyes are like a foot apart.  They're straight on the figures I've seen, but they're very far apart.  And I've seen a lot of repaints where they aren't, so it seems pretty clear they weren't sculpted that way.