MCU X-Men Figures

jasonmccarley

I know who I DON'T want to see in an mcu X-men movie, and that's Magneto and Mystique, both of whom I'm sick of seeing dominate these movies. Its fine if they reference the characters but i don't want to see them at all in the first mcu x-movie.  I'd say skip Prof X too but that seems impossible. I'd leave wolverine out of the first movie, too, except maybe as a post-credits tease or something.  I'd like to see Storm and Nightcrawler in the movie, i'd add colossus but i was fairly happy with how he was portrayed in the DP movies.  Adding some characters we haven't seen a ton of already would be nice, i'm thinking of Jubilee and Bishop.  An adult Rogue would be nice too, maybe Gambit as well.   Seems hard to skip over Scott and Jean but i feel like Jean in particular has been done to death and they don't seem to be able to do much with scott except have him be jean's love interest.

I'd like to see a team made up of Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Rogue, Storm, and Wolverine. I feel like that's a pretty solid mix of power sets and personalities, made up entirely of big name X-Men. It's probably too much to ask that Cyclops and Jean not be a big part of it, though, and I guess we'd need to see at least a few original X-Men involved anyway.

This is what I would do:

Start with the original 5: Cyke, Jean, Beast, Iceman and Angel, alongside Prof X. Do justice to Cyclops.

Introduce Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat in sequel(s)

Once these characters are established, throw in Woverine. Make him fight the Hulk.

And for once, make Mr. Sinister the archvillain.

I just feel like with all of the 90s nostalgia lately, the Animated series version of the team is ripe for the picking.  Jubilee, Rogue, Wolvie, Jean, Beast, Gambit, Storm and Cyke.  It’s a good balance from a representation standpoint and could be a pretty simple way to utilize The Brotherhood as villains.  Adult me would totally give 5 year old me the biggest high five if the animated series theme even made it in the movie somehow like the one for Batman The Animated Series did in Justice league.

4 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Sadly I think if the X-Men joined the MCU Disney would give us more of the same "bankable" characters that we've seen a million times before, I've come to terms with the fact I'll never see Chamber or Beak on the big screen...

Maybe, it could also be argued that thought we would never see the GotG on the big screen or Cosmo the Spacedog, so it is possible that we could get a cameo or two of some deep dive X-characters.  

13 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Sadly I think if the X-Men joined the MCU Disney would give us more of the same "bankable" characters that we've seen a million times before, I've come to terms with the fact I'll never see Chamber or Beak on the big screen...

They'll definitely stick to mostly big names, but I'd be surprised if they didn't pepper in some more obscure ones too, even if they're not in the first movie. I think that's probably the best way to go. I'd love to see Chamber show up too, but First Class was full of obscure characters, and it was a mess I'd rather not see repeated.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

They'll definitely stick to mostly big names, but I'd be surprised if they didn't pepper in some more obscure ones too, even if they're not in the first movie. I think that's probably the best way to go. I'd love to see Chamber show up too, but First Class was full of obscure characters, and it was a mess I'd rather not see repeated.

I didn’t hate First Class.  It gave us the first hint of an R-rated Wolverine.  

Honestly I think if they do end up bringing Xavier’s kids to the house of mouse, then something similar to those costumes will be what we see instead of comic accurate ones like we hope.  In the later movies we may see some Jim Lee inspired stuff, but I have a feeling the blue and yellow jumpsuits will accompany the first foray.