Tony Stark + Doc Ock glasses = cool exec with a heart of steel

ADour

A few days ago, I was taking some pictures of some old figures I want to sell, and among them was a reissue of ToyBiz's Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2 (the 2008 Marvel Legends version, specifically). I remembered that it comes with a pair of sunglasses to rest in Otto's head, and decided to give it a try and see how they looked in all three of my 6" Tony Stark headsculpts. I was very pleased with the results, and they add a lot of personality to the character depending on how you pose them. Plus, combining the MCU Tony Stark headsculpt with an Iron Man MK L body and sticky tack, I could recreate the end of the MK L's suit-up sequence. I also threw in a comparison with the helmetless Tony Stark from the MK IV action figure. Just a silly little thing I thought could be fun sharing.

sunglasses 006.jpg

sunglasses 005.jpg

sunglasses 004.jpg

sunglasses 003.jpg

sunglasses 001.jpg

sunglasses 002.jpg

sunglasses 007.jpg

sunglasses 008.jpg

sunglasses 009.jpg

sunglasses 010.jpg

sunglasses 011.jpg

sunglasses 012.jpg

13 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Is the figure in the last pictures a ToyBiz legend?  I don’t recognize that Iron Man

It's Sen-ti-nel's Armorize Iron Man. In terms of scale, it's just a hair taller than Hasbro's current Iron Man height standard, so it works great with modern Marvel Legends. The Tony Stark head is roughly the same size as the First Ten Years Tony Stark, so you can rest it in that body's head peg and it looks awesome.

20190316_144237.jpg

20190316_144752.jpg

20190316_145812.jpg

20190316_150048.jpg

4 hours ago, ADour said:

It's Sen-ti-nel's Armorize Iron Man. In terms of scale, it's just a hair taller than Hasbro's current Iron Man height standard, so it works great with modern Marvel Legends. The Tony Stark head is roughly the same size as the First Ten Years Tony Stark, so you can rest it in that body's head peg and it looks awesome.

20190316_144237.jpg

20190316_144752.jpg

20190316_145812.jpg

20190316_150048.jpg

Man, he looks great.  Is that a 3rd party customized?

2 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Man, he looks great.  Is that a 3rd party customized?

No customization. It's the figure as it comes (I think it's at ~40% off at BBTS. I highly recommend it, but maybe that's because I'm an Iron Man fan, and the Pentagon Armor is one of my favorite looks of the character).