What is one property you would love to see get the Legends treatment?

hisDUDENESS9829

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how much I really prefer Hasbro’s Marvel Legends figures and articulation scheme to any other mass produced figures right now.  Then beyond that I started pining after other non-Marvel properties and couldn’t help but wonder what you guys thoughts might be.

My number one want in a Marvel Legends format would be The Tick figures.  I can’t believe that with the crazy resurgence in 90’s nostalgia and a show on Amazon Prime that someone hasn’t started making these bad boys yet.

I cant believe Hasbro hasnt started a 6" Gi-Joe Line, seing that they own the property and both ML and Black series have done incredibly well, and both their upcoming Overwatch and Power rangers Lines seem like they might do well too Joes are missing some love, they dont even have to make a line planed as extensive as ML, just make a couple waves the first year with 4 figures each kind of how they started with Black Series and see how it does, they own the property its not like they have to pay for the licence like the rest of the lines they are making right now

2 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

I cant believe Hasbro hasnt started a 6" Gi-Joe Line, seing that they own the property and both ML and Black series have done incredibly well, and both their upcoming Overwatch and Power rangers Lines seem like they might do well too Joes are missing some love, they dont even have to make a line planed as extensive as ML, just make a couple waves the first year with 4 figures each kind of how they started with Black Series and see how it does, they own the property its not like they have to pay for the licence like the rest of the lines they are making right now

Man, that’s very true.  A six inch Snake Eyes would be an instant buy for me.  It would be interesting to see if they could do a Sgt. Slaughter due to licensing concerns.

1 minute ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Man, that’s very true.  A six inch Snake Eyes would be an instant buy for me.  It would be interesting to see if they could do a Sgt. Slaughter due to licensing concerns.

they have so many intresting characters in their line up to choose from I cant understand why this hasnt happened yet, btw I would love the tick figures I dont care if they are done in a simpler style of articulated figures like ML or a more sculpted detailed like neca usually does but a line of tick figures would be amazing.

I also think they whould make a line of other super heroes that wouldnt need a line of their own kind of what toybiz did back in the day with their legendary heroes line. There we could get classic comic strip heroes like Flash Gordon or The Phantom and newer ones like Kick-Ass, Witchblade, Danger Girl, and the likes that arent owned by Marvel, DC or Mcfarlane and dont get figures  

11 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

they have so many intresting characters in their line up to choose from I cant understand why this hasnt happened yet, btw I would love the tick figures I dont care if they are done in a simpler style of articulated figures like ML or a more sculpted detailed like neca usually does but a line of tick figures would be amazing.

I also think they whould make a line of other super heroes that wouldnt need a line of their own kind of what toybiz did back in the day with their legendary heroes line. There we could get classic comic strip heroes like Flash Gordon or The Phantom and newer ones like Kick-Ass, Witchblade, Danger Girl, and the likes that arent owned by Marvel, DC or Mcfarlane and dont get figures  

That was a great line. I still have my Judge Dredd somewhere from that run.  

There’s just so much on the table from 90’s cartoons alone.  Street Sharks, Crash Test Dummies, Reboot, Static Shock, the list goes on.  You are right that the most glaring omission currently is the Joe line though.  We have some pretty obscure Rangers in the first wave of Lightning figures and no Roadblock in sight.  Maybe that will be an SDCC announcement this year?

3 hours ago, BludChylde said:

Just one property?

Tick and Savage Dragon would be cool. A Marvel Legends style Freakazoid would be awesome.

2 bands I like I would like to see ML style figures of are Gwar and Gorillaz. Gwar just to have them run havoc on the Marvel toy universe and for Gorillaz I just think they'd look cool.

I am all in on a Gorillaz line.  Those would be killer on a shelf with a vinyl behind them.

3 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Hasbro is likely waiting on G.I. Joe to get another movie or TV show before they make another push for it. Right now the franchise is kinda dormant in pop culture, so that's probably why they haven't really committed.

My dream right now would be another Street Fighter line like the one SOTA did all those years ago.

Those are insane.  I’ve never seen them before.  They look like they would have fit right in with the ToyBiz Marvel Legends with their shading and sculpts.  

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would love to see DC heroes getting the ML treatment (Yes, Mattel have tried but they always felt not as durable or possible as ML). Also Anime characters like My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, One Punch man, Bleach, etc.

The McFarlane One Punch Man coming out seems like it will be pretty close to Legends style articulation.  I haven’t bought a McFarlane figure in a long long time but the new “22 points” figures are pretty tempting.

4 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

The McFarlane One Punch Man coming out seems like it will be pretty close to Legends style articulation.  I haven’t bought a McFarlane figure in a long long time but the new “22 points” figures are pretty tempting.

Not a fan of McFarlane toys, saw some of the AOT figures and they looked poor.

21 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I am all in on a Gorillaz line.  Those would be killer on a shelf with a vinyl behind them.

Completely agree on that. Might be the only reason I'd buy an album on vinyl.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:31 PM, watanabefan said:

My dream right now would be another Street Fighter line like the one SOTA did all those years ago.

I could be wrong, but isn't Storm Collectibles doing a Street Fighter line as well as their Mortal Kombat? The only reason I haven't looked into it is I don't have the budget to add those on to what I already collect. I've heard they work with ML but I've never seen pictures mixing the lines. Although I agree, my one regret is I only have a handful of SOTA SF figs and wish I had finished the line of at least 1 color per character.

3 minutes ago, BludChylde said:

I could be wrong, but isn't Storm Collectibles doing a Street Fighter line as well as their Mortal Kombat? The only reason I haven't looked into it is I don't have the budget to add those on to what I already collect. I've heard they work with ML but I've never seen pictures mixing the lines. Although I agree, my one regret is I only have a handful of SOTA SF figs and wish I had finished the line of at least 1 color per character.

Storm is doing some killer MK and SF stuff but it is a little out of scale from what I have seen.  I don’t own any but they seem to be pretty big.

24 minutes ago, BludChylde said:

20 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Storm is doing some killer MK and SF stuff but it is a little out of scale from what I have seen.  I don’t own any but they seem to be pretty big.

I havent gotten any of the MK stuff from Storm but I do own a couple of the SF figures they make and they are really well made figures, I was hesitant at first with the pricepoint but they are worth it IMO, but even though they are suposed to be in the 7" scale (they are a little bit bigger than that) so they dont really scale with ML, but when it comes to articulation accesories and modeling they are top notch figures, I specially like that Storm is pushing to getting most of the fighting videogame properties out there so even though these figures dont scale with ML or DC you can at least get SF, MK, KOF figures that are made by the same company and scale together, and now they are making Samurai Showdown and Darkstalkers too, all we need is some Final Fight figures and you can get a nice colection of 90's videogame characters together in one shelf

On 3/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, watanabefan said:

Hasbro is likely waiting on G.I. Joe to get another movie or TV show before they make another push for it. Right now the franchise is kinda dormant in pop culture, so that's probably why they haven't really committed.

Yeah hasbro has said that several times, but seeing how a new reboot isnt even in the works its frustrating to know a line of joes would do well and is just on hold because they want to pair it to a movie eventually, they could very well start a small line with limited figures (4 per wave) 2 waves per year of classic joes and then once a movie comes out build up the line with movie based figures like marvel does, even if its not really relevant in pop culture a couple of waves with 2 really well known characters like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, 2 mid known characters  and a couple soldiers would sell really well.

47 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

I havent gotten any of the MK stuff from Storm but I do own a couple of the SF figures they make and they are really well made figures, I was hesitant at first with the pricepoint but they are worth it IMO, but even though they are suposed to be in the 7" scale (they are a little bit bigger than that) so they dont really scale with ML, but when it comes to articulation accesories and modeling they are top notch figures, I specially like that Storm is pushing to getting most of the fighting videogame properties out there so even though these figures dont scale with ML or DC you can at least get SF, MK, KOF figures that are made by the same company and scale together, and now they are making Samurai Showdown and Darkstalkers too, all we need is some Final Fight figures and you can get a nice colection of 90's videogame characters together in one shelf

If they could snag the rights for Clayfighter or Primal Rage, I would be a very happy Dude.  Although, to be in scale, the Primal Rage figures would have to be massive.

12 hours ago, watanabefan said:

That was before they implemented the new articulation scheme. Their previous anime toys were basically just mini statues.

It's not just the articulation, the quality looked awful, they looked like thye were ready to break.