What is one property you would love to see get the Legends treatment?

hisDUDENESS9829

4 hours ago, Satam said:

G.I. Joe.  And I'm still kind of amazed this hasn't happened yet.  Well articulated, well sculpted, and well painted 6" Cobra Commander, Destro, and Baroness would be instant buys for me.

I completely forgot about Destro.  His chrome dome would look super dynamic on a shelf.  All this talk about Joes has me wanting a six inch Tomax and Xamot two pack now.

3 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I completely forgot about Destro.  His chrome dome would look super dynamic on a shelf.  All this talk about Joes has me wanting a six inch Tomax and Xamot two pack now.

A first wave would have to be some heavy hitters, but not give away the farm for subsequent waves. I'd go with something like Duke, Scarlet, and commando Snake Eyes, then like Cobra Commander, and Cobra Trooper. 

Then second wave would be like Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro, Lady Jaye, and Flint. 

Every other wave would be Joe or Cobra heavy.

Was thinking of some other 90’s cartoons today and some other properties came to mind:

-SWATcats

-Crash Test Dummies

-The Mighty Ducks

-Real Ghostbusters

The gimmicks for the Crash Test Dummies toys back in the day were so much fun.  I had pretty much the full run and used that roadkill dog that would split when you ran over it in so many messed up play sessions.

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Comic-based DC figures would far and away be # 1 for me.  

for movie properties I would say Matrix would be a nice one to revisit with photoreal faces. Aliens, too.

Despite what a lot of people have to say about DC Universe Classics, I still feel like they are a solid line.  Relatively vanilla by today’s standards, but you got a lot of definitive versions of characters in that line.  Mattel has fallen from grace since, but it would be interesting to see how Hasbro would handle the line.  

Isnt Spinmasters taking over the DC license soon?  They have blown the Monster Jam line out of the water.  I know you can’t compare trucks to figures, but if they have the same “something to prove” mindset when approaching DC figures, we could see some really stellar stuff.

Saw former Hasbro employee Bobby Vala talking about the demise of 4 inch figures and he seemed to indicate that if/when G.I. Joe does return, we should expect a larger scale.

I worked on Marvel Universe and sadly saw it dwindle down to a shell of what it was. This was because they were too expensive to produce compared to a 6" figure and the retailers didnt want 4". 

I'm not talking out of my ass here, these are facts. If and when Joe comes back I have a feeling its not going to be what the fans want.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-news-rumors/467167-action-force-6-inch-figure-line-former-hasbro-gi-joe-designer-bobby-vala-13.html

So sounds like those 6-inch Joes are more likely than you'd think!

On 3/16/2019 at 6:15 PM, BludChylde said:

2 bands I like I would like to see ML style figures of are Gwar and Gorillaz. Gwar just to have them run havoc on the Marvel toy universe and for Gorillaz I just think they'd look cool.

Or just Legendary Rockstars waves with Backdrops of records. They could make boxsets, or waves per band/act. 

I'd love some Uncharted figures in 6" and ML articulation too. Some Legend of Zelda, I know there's those World of Nintendo figures... but aren't they really lacking?

Every property, that way they'd all be scaled the same as Legends.  After scoring a set of the NECA TMNT figures I'd like to see a Legends style take on them, even though they aren't a Hasbro property.  The NECA figures are beyond amazing in paint and sculpt, but the articulation isn't quite Legends level, but then again I knew that going in.  That being said I think with ML levels of articulation the TMNT could be even better.  

4 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Or just Legendary Rockstars waves with Backdrops of records. They could make boxsets, or waves per band/act. 

I'd love some Uncharted figures in 6" and ML articulation too. Some Legend of Zelda, I know there's those World of Nintendo figures... but aren't they really lacking?

I only have a Wario from the World of Nintendo line, but it is basically a statue and the scales are all over the place from what I have seen.

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Every property, that way they'd all be scaled the same as Legends.  After scoring a set of the NECA TMNT figures I'd like to see a Legends style take on them, even though they aren't a Hasbro property.  The NECA figures are beyond amazing in paint and sculpt, but the articulation isn't quite Legends level, but then again I knew that going in.  That being said I think with ML levels of articulation the TMNT could be even better.  

Which set of Turtles did you get?  I have a Mikey from the GameStop movies turts and it is truly a thing of beauty.

I’m in the G.I.Joe camp for sure. I think many folks are wondering why a 6” ML/BS style Joe line hasn’t surfaced yet, but I suspect (as do many others) that it’s just due to the death of “realistic” mainstream military toys; it ain’t the 80s or 90s anymore. I however would love Joe to come back in the 6” scale. I am currently selling off ALL of my 4” Star Wars toys, and if I had a 6” Joe line to start buying I’d ditch my “modern era” 4” Joes in a heartbeat, too. I’m not sure how many Joe fans would say they *didnt*  want 6” Joes, as Vala was quoted as saying, but I know I’m not one of them.

12 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I only have a Wario from the World of Nintendo line, but it is basically a statue and the scales are all over the place from what I have seen.

Precisely, I also got the DK and Fox, and the DK works nicely... Fox and Wario... ehh....  :/

22 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Despite what a lot of people have to say about DC Universe Classics, I still feel like they are a solid line.  Relatively vanilla by today’s standards, but you got a lot of definitive versions of characters in that line.  Mattel has fallen from grace since, but it would be interesting to see how Hasbro would handle the line.  

^ This.

I would love DC Legends action figures on the same bucks as Marvel Legends.  Would be just like the Mego days of my youth all over again.

But my #1 top wish, the one that would change my life and my collecting habits, would be Star Trek Legends.  

For 17 years, I have been buying Marvel Legends, not because I am a Comic Book reader, but because the figures are so well-made.  Every time a new assortment is announced, I go and look up the characters, as I usually have no idea who they are. I have more Marvel Legends than anything else in my collection.  To have this level of craftsmanship in my favorite property, Star Trek, would just complete me.    (I have all the Mego, Playmates, Art Asylum, and DST figures, but all are inferior to Marvel Legends.   McFarlane was very underwhelming.)

40 minutes ago, mars396 said:

^ This.

I would love DC Legends action figures on the same bucks as Marvel Legends.  Would be just like the Mego days of my youth all over again.

But my #1 top wish, the one that would change my life and my collecting habits, would be Star Trek Legends.  

For 17 years, I have been buying Marvel Legends, not because I am a Comic Book reader, but because the figures are so well-made.  Every time a new assortment is announced, I go and look up the characters, as I usually have no idea who they are. I have more Marvel Legends than anything else in my collection.  To have this level of craftsmanship in my favorite property, Star Trek, would just complete me.    (I have all the Mego, Playmates, Art Asylum, and DST figures, but all are inferior to Marvel Legends.   McFarlane was very underwhelming.)

Star Trek Legends would be cool, I still have some of the Playmates toys

2 hours ago, mars396 said:

I have more Marvel Legends than anything else in my collection.  To have this level of craftsmanship in my favorite property, Star Trek, would just complete me.    (I have all the Mego, Playmates, Art Asylum, and DST figures, but all are inferior to Marvel Legends.   McFarlane was very underwhelming.)

That is a shame that the McFarlane ones weren't very good.  I had planned on grabbing that Picard if I ever saw him in the wild.   Legends scale Lavar Burton would make all kinds of my dreams come true though.  

Thundercats. There's a few highly articulated lines every so often but it's never the whole cast. I'd also want both series done. I really enjoyed the 2011 series and the designs.

I might buy a few GIJoes but despite having had them in the 80's and 90's, they don't really resonate with me the way other series do.

I'd love to see some Transformers though. Maybe not the actual Transformers but some of the non-transforming characters. Quintessons, Lithonians, Nightbird,  those weird looking Decepticons from other planets from the first two seasons, a Paradron medic, Sari Sumdac, Hook, Line, Sinker and so on. Or maybe even some actual Transformers like Action Masters 2.0 or something. There's a lot of non-transforming Transformers out there and people buy them so why doesn't Hasbro themselves take advantage of that.

1 hour ago, Grahf said:

Thundercats. There's a few highly articulated lines every so often but it's never the whole cast. I'd also want both series done. I really enjoyed the 2011 series and the designs.

Oh man 2011's Thundercats would be awesome!!! Just made me realise I would love Avatar: the Legend of... figures in ML quality!

58 minutes ago, JHS said:

I would like to see a classic universal monsters line of figures made in the style of ML.  Also Battle Toads, I loved and hated that game back when 

I agree with the Universal Monsters. They Toy Island figures that came out a few years ago had a Marvel Legends feel, but were very poorly executed. These could be awesome, if they were handled well. 

20 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Which set of Turtles did you get?  I have a Mikey from the GameStop movies turts and it is truly a thing of beauty.

GameStop, 90s movie set, I wasn't lucky enough to get the SDCC box set.  And you're right, couldn't have put it better they are a thing of beauty.  I went in just intending to get Leo, and ended up getting all of them.

7 hours ago, mars396 said:

^ This.

Honestly DC characters with Marvel legends style articulation are way overdue, Mattel was starting to take a step in the right direction, but everything just seemed not quite right. Their latest Shazam figure was actually the closest thing we’ll probably see to a DC styled marvel legends, but let’s see what the future of the line holds. 

30 minutes ago, Double0Joe27 said:

Their latest Shazam figure was actually the closest thing we’ll probably see to a DC styled marvel legends, but let’s see what the future of the line holds. 

I actually thought that that figure looked pretty bad.  But I don’t own it so maybe it’s better in hand?