What is one property you would love to see get the Legends treatment?

hisDUDENESS9829

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mako said:

If there were actually a viable market for Trek toys, something like this would be awesome.

I can name about six people that I work with that would buy up just about anything that was released in this scale from Star Trek, and especially TNG.  There is definitely a market for it, I'm just not sure where the licensing rights lie for it to be done.  

Have you watched The Orville on Fox?  It is probably the closest thing (in spirit) to TNG.  They nail all of the classic 90's syndicated sci-fi beats while injecting some modern humor. The only draw back is that you have to deal with Seth McFarlane...

37 minutes ago, mako said:

I watched the first season of Orville, and you're right it was great. Haven't seen much of the second season, but not because I avoid it, I just rarely get around to it.

Honestly, the only shows I still consider "Appointment TV" are Agents of SHIELD which won't be back till next month, Magnum P.I. which just aired its season finale Monday, and MacGyver, though since George Eads left, this one gets a big question mark.

Now, if Hasbro decided to make a Legends line out of ANY of these four shows, I'd have to say "Shut up and take my money."

As for Trek toys, there's not a doubt in my mind there are people out there who would snap up that line, but as every toy company from Mego to Playmates has learned the hard way, Trek toys are a hard sell in the mainstream, and a few rabid fans just can't make up the difference.

Still hoping for some Agents of SHIELD figures.

I don't know, the old Playmates Star Trek line did very well and lasted quite a bit.

22 minutes ago, mako said:

And I'll take my Agents of SHIELD figures any way I can get them. A dedicated Legends series, a boxed set, retailer exclusive, SDCC exclusive, whatever. Just as long as the main group is there: Coulson, May, Daisy, Mac, Fitz & Simmons. I really, really, really want Ward, Bobbi, Patriot/Mace, and Yo-Yo, but I HAVE to get the big guns first.

Yes, yes and Deathlok/Mike AND Ghost Rider/Robbie.

I'd argue that Bobbi, Patriot, Yo-yo, Daisy and May are "the big guns", but I understand what you meant and would only be annoying. I agree on almost everyone but Patriot, I wouldn't really mind not getting him. Ada? John Garrett? Hunter? Lance? I'd be more interested in those... and that blind Inhuman, man he'd look cool.

7 minutes ago, Satam said:

Toybiz made a Savage Dragon in their Legendary Comic Book Heroes line when they lost the Marvel license, so he technically did get the Legend treatment, just not from Hasbro.  WildC.A.T.S. would be great.  I've needed an articulated and human-proportioned 6" Grifter forever.

I never connected the dots that the Legendary Heroes line was a byproduct of them losing the license.  I remember that Judge Death rotting at my KayBee toys forever.  

1 hour ago, mako said:

I should probably toss in Talbot as well.

That's what I get for getting into this conversation without having watched last season. Sounds like a cool plot line! Can't wait to see it!

And definitely, Talbot would make a great Army guy figure.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah, I had most of the LCBHs back in the day. While, it was Legends-like, it was also extremely indicative of the weaker points of ToyBiz's Legends line. Witcblade was tiny and poorly articulated, Dragon was to big, Conan's hands were nearly useless, etc. The figures were great, there was just a lot of bad you had to take with the good.

I'd love for a company to take another pass at all of them.

Wait, Conan's back at Marvel right? Maybe . . . 

Yeah Conan's is back with Marvel...

• 4 weeks later...

Wildstorm (WildCATS, Authority, Stormwatch, etc...) - This would be one of the few 6" lines that I would buy without hesitation, space be damned.

I love G.I. Joe, but I have already sworn off buying a 6" line for it.  I've reached the point where I'm having to pare down my collection just to have room for it (or stuffing a big portion of it into a storage unit which makes having the collection pointless since you're not enjoying it).  So I can't get another 6" line (I'm already very selective with my Star Wars Black Series).  But I'll include it because I know there would likely be interest.