Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now that we have seen a vast majority of what we can expect to see for sale this year from a Legends perspective, I thought it might be fun to look towards next year.  

So, let’s all Build-a-Wave!! Really no rules here other than they have to be realistic. I know we all have our fantasy waves that we would love to see made, but let’s try to keep it within the confines of “could this be a viable wave in the future/would this sell at retail?”  

Mine would be as follows:

X-Men Themed Wave:

Avalanche BAF

-Morph in leather Jacket and yellow and blue suit (re-used from Forge) and extra heads of other characters like Mystique had

-Black Ops Wolverine with the goggles (no BAF piece)

-Jim Lee Jean Grey update

-Kid Gladiator (resident peg warmer that will also include the Avalanche torso)

-Yellow and Blue Deadpool update with a Doop pack in

-Classic Toad (purple and orange)

-White Queen Emma Frost

 

What do you think? What wave would you build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying how Hasbro is sneaking in other members of the Serpent Society with Rock Python being the latest member to get the plastic treatment but it would be great to get more members of Gladiators Imperial Guard as well as all 4 members of the Star jammers, a Comic based wave consisting of 4 core members of the IG plus Corsair, Raza, Hepzibah & Ch'od as the BAF would be an awesome wave for fans of those 2 teams.  This wave could fall under the 80th anniv  line of comic based figure waves.

My top 4 IG members that I'd love to see get the plastic treatment are:

Smasher

Fang

Starbolt

Hussar

 

 

Smasher.jpg

Fang 1.jpg

Starbolt.jpg

Hussar-Marvel-Comics-Shiar-Imperial-Guard-a.jpg

Ch'od.jpg

Corsair.jpg

Hepzibah.jpg

Raza.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nimrod BAF!!

Avalanche

Pyro

Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)

Firestar

Exodus

Ahab

X-Man 90’s original costume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jdgi said:

Nimrod BAF!!

Avalanche

Pyro

Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)

Firestar

Exodus

Ahab

X-Man 90’s original costume

I love this wave!  Would be an instant buy for me.  Ahab is a figure that I have a lot of love for since he was one of my favorites as a kid from the ToyBiz line.  But a very selfish part of me would rather see him on one of those vintage cards.  Great wave though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

I'm enjoying how Hasbro is sneaking in other members of the Serpent Society with Rock Python being the latest member to get the plastic treatment but it would be great to get more members of Gladiators Imperial Guard as well as all 4 members of the Star jammers, a Comic based wave consisting of 4 core members of the IG plus Corsair, Raza, Hepzibah & Ch'od as the BAF would be an awesome wave for fans of those 2 teams.  This wave could fall under the 80th anniv  line of comic based figure waves.

My top 4 IG members that I'd love to see get the plastic treatment are:

Smasher

Fang

Starbolt

Hussar

 

 

Smasher.jpg

Fang 1.jpg

Starbolt.jpg

Hussar-Marvel-Comics-Shiar-Imperial-Guard-a.jpg

Ch'od.jpg

Corsair.jpg

Hepzibah.jpg

Raza.jpg

I would be all in on these too!  I had that ToyBiz fang figure but I always thought it was a saberooth?  Now I have to read up on these dudes.

As a huge fan of the 90s animated series, Corsair would be amazing to own!  Thank you for your reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I love this wave!  Would be an instant buy for me.  Ahab is a figure that I have a lot of love for since he was one of my favorites as a kid from the ToyBiz line.  But a very selfish part of me would rather see him on one of those vintage cards.  Great wave though!

There are two figures left to be revealed for the vintage wave, maybe he is one of them, and he’s been prominent recently in comics!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdgi said:

There are two figures left to be revealed for the vintage wave, maybe he is one of them, and he’s been prominent recently in comics!!

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that.  Haven’t bought any books in a while to be caught up.  Gives me hope hope that you may be right though.  What new books is he featured in? I will keep an eye out for them next time I am in my LCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jdgi said:

Nimrod BAF!!

Avalanche

Pyro

Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)

Firestar

Exodus

Ahab

X-Man 90’s original costume

Thats an amazing lineup, I'd definetely buy it all, though knowing hasbro its hard to not see at least 2 very well known characters.

I could do without Ahab, just cause he is not that well known and having avalanche, pyro and exodus already in the wave hw could be switched off with a more well known character and released in another wave after. This is what I think would work taking your list into considerarion.

2019 Vintage Wave (remaining characters)
Jim lee Jean Grey
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized)
*though considering its a 6 figure wave an we've already seen 3 heroes and one villian im betting at least one of the remaining figures will be in the purple villian card*

Wave 1 2020 (Nimrod BAF)
Black Ops Wolverine (he'd be considered a seller in hasbro's point of view)
Warpath
Firestar
Syrin
Avalanche
Pyro
Exodus

Wave 2 2020 (Strong Guy BAF)
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)
Wolfsbane
Banshee
Longshot
X-Man 90’s original costume
Toad
Ahab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

Thats an amazing lineup, I'd definetely buy it all, though knowing hasbro its hard to not see at least 2 very well known characters.

I could do without Ahab, just cause he is not that well known and having avalanche, pyro and exodus already in the wave hw could be switched off with a more well known character and released in another wave after. This is what I think would work taking your list into considerarion.

2019 Vintage Wave (remaining characters)
Jim lee Jean Grey
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized)
*though considering its a 6 figure wave an we've already seen 3 heroes and one villian im betting at least one of the remaining figures will be in the purple villian card*

Wave 1 2020 (Nimrod BAF)
Black Ops Wolverine (he'd be considered a seller in hasbro's point of view)
Warpath
Firestar
Syrin
Avalanche
Pyro
Exodus

Wave 2 2020 (Strong Guy BAF)
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)
Wolfsbane
Banshee
Longshot
X-Man 90’s original costume
Toad
Ahab

I really want a Banshee.  Your second wave is amazing, instant buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, abnuggler said:

Thats an amazing lineup, I'd definetely buy it all, though knowing hasbro its hard to not see at least 2 very well known characters.

I could do without Ahab, just cause he is not that well known and having avalanche, pyro and exodus already in the wave hw could be switched off with a more well known character and released in another wave after. This is what I think would work taking your list into considerarion.

2019 Vintage Wave (remaining characters)
Jim lee Jean Grey
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized)
*though considering its a 6 figure wave an we've already seen 3 heroes and one villian im betting at least one of the remaining figures will be in the purple villian card*

Wave 1 2020 (Nimrod BAF)
Black Ops Wolverine (he'd be considered a seller in hasbro's point of view)
Warpath
Firestar
Syrin
Avalanche
Pyro
Exodus

Wave 2 2020 (Strong Guy BAF)
Storm (Jim Lee or Giant Sized, depends on if one or the other goes to the vintage wave)
Wolfsbane
Banshee
Longshot
X-Man 90’s original costume
Toad
Ahab

This does look good. I wonder what iteration of each character you're thinking. I was disappointed by the modern X-Force Warpath they released a few years ago. Were you thinking Banshee's blue and yellow costume, or the high collar green and yellow? Speaking self-centeredly, I prefer characters and costumes from before the 2000's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd do 3 waves, that are unique

Dark Reign (all Villains)

  • Norman Osborne
  • Kang
  • The Maker
  • The Hood
  • Dracula
  • Maximus
  • Korvac

BAF: Laufey

X-Men

  • Iceman (classic)
  • Sunspot
  • Sebastian Shaw
  • Goldballs
  • Firestar
  • Vulcan
  • Storm

BAF: Strong Guy

 

A-Force (I think they should redo it)

  • She-Hulk
  • Ironheart
  • Sin
  • Miss America
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Superia
  • Black Mamba

BAF: Titania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, Gmen4ever said:

I'm enjoying how Hasbro is sneaking in other members of the Serpent Society with Rock Python being the latest member to get the plastic treatment but it would be great to get more members of Gladiators Imperial Guard as well as all 4 members of the Star jammers, a Comic based wave consisting of 4 core members of the IG plus Corsair, Raza, Hepzibah & Ch'od as the BAF would be an awesome wave for fans of those 2 teams.  This wave could fall under the 80th anniv  line of comic based figure waves.

My top 4 IG members that I'd love to see get the plastic treatment are:

Smasher

Fang

Starbolt

Hussar

 

 

Smasher.jpg

Fang 1.jpg

Starbolt.jpg

Hussar-Marvel-Comics-Shiar-Imperial-Guard-a.jpg

Ch'od.jpg

Corsair.jpg

Hepzibah.jpg

Raza.jpg

Yes to Starjammers, 100%

Since this year contains lots of X-Men and Capt Marvel hype, that was/is my guess to an SDCC set; Those 4 jammers along with Binary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

This does look good. I wonder what iteration of each character you're thinking. I was disappointed by the modern X-Force Warpath they released a few years ago. Were you thinking Banshee's blue and yellow costume, or the high collar green and yellow? Speaking self-centeredly, I prefer characters and costumes from before the 2000's.

Im partial towards classic costumes, mostly mid 90's costumes since thats when I started reading comics, but some of the really classic costumes are also good (Im not a fan of the more modern costumes I draw the line before Astonishing X-Men Costumes) so if it was my choice id probably go with more classic looks.

BTW: I totally forgot about Maverick, I would change any figure in my list for a good Maverick Figure, I always really liked the character. And now that I think about it I kind of would rather get a Ferral over Wolfsbane just to round up the 90's X-Force team more.

573.jpg

0736a1e056d0a62c2ab77107f8cbb7f3--x-men-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

9299db947eabf1498fb125fdc733839e.jpg

1460107-warpath_bigcostume3.jpg

1796379-toadimage.jpg

descarga.jpg

DYf1Cv-WAAEuA-1.jpg

e460018e65a86fe225d510e2fdf77132.jpg

e286079653e0372bb6923f485c6d098c.jpg

Exodusx.png

 

longshot.gif

Xmen5.gif

31572597a67d2438e505d75992553186--marvel-heroes-marvel-dc.jpg

fd39fcc063d5023e671cbe2f1844db21.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer will forever be a Peter David X-Factor wave. Layla Miller, Longshot, Rictor, Wolfsbane, Siryn, Shatterstar. M and BAF Strong Guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Im partial towards classic costumes, mostly mid 90's costumes since thats when I started reading comics, but some of the really classic costumes are also good (Im not a fan of the more modern costumes I draw the line before Astonishing X-Men Costumes) so if it was my choice id probably go with more classic looks.

BTW: I totally forgot about Maverick, I would change any figure in my list for a good Maverick Figure, I always really liked the character. And now that I think about it I kind of would rather get a Ferral over Wolfsbane just to round up the 90's X-Force team more.

573.jpg

0736a1e056d0a62c2ab77107f8cbb7f3--x-men-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

9299db947eabf1498fb125fdc733839e.jpg

1460107-warpath_bigcostume3.jpg

1796379-toadimage.jpg

descarga.jpg

DYf1Cv-WAAEuA-1.jpg

e460018e65a86fe225d510e2fdf77132.jpg

e286079653e0372bb6923f485c6d098c.jpg

Exodusx.png

 

longshot.gif

Xmen5.gif

31572597a67d2438e505d75992553186--marvel-heroes-marvel-dc.jpg

fd39fcc063d5023e671cbe2f1844db21.jpg

Can't say I am familiar with the Pyro attire.  I would definitely prefer a re-vamp of the Toybiz version, but would welcome any new Pyro at this point.  I completely forgot about Maverick.  No Weapon Plus shelf is complete without him (or Lady Deathstrike for that matter).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 3 BOEM wants are classic versions of Blob, Pyro & Avalanche to go along with Mystique & that classic Mags we have coming.  The next Blob has to be a BAF as Hasbro will be going all out to top that great ToyBiz Blob which I stupidly sold off yrs ago for a bargain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I love this wave!  Would be an instant buy for me.  Ahab is a figure that I have a lot of love for since he was one of my favorites as a kid from the ToyBiz line.  But a very selfish part of me would rather see him on one of those vintage cards.  Great wave though!

After his recent appearances on Extermination and X-force, I reall y want an Ahab figure. Maybe a BaF.  So for the wave I would like:

Young Cable
Rachel Summers (Hound costume with extra head)
Ahab
Conan
Doc Samsom
Moonstone
BAF: Immortal Hulk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought of another one: 

Bonebreaker BAF

-Dark Beast

-Banshee

-Marvel Girl

-Rachel Summers

-Astonishing X-Men Logan

-Kane

-Doop (a la Spider-Ham with the massive BAF piece packed in)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Can't say I am familiar with the Pyro attire.  I would definitely prefer a re-vamp of the Toybiz version, but would welcome any new Pyro at this point.  I completely forgot about Maverick.  No Weapon Plus shelf is complete without him (or Lady Deathstrike for that matter).  

I would also like just an update of pyro like toybiz, the picture I put was the closest I could find to that costume (it was mainly to show a classic costume and not a more modern one), I agree with Lady Deathstrike, in fact there are so many figures Id definetely want to have, I just thought of my picks for these waves kind of figures I wanted but also thought of past waves what hasbro usually does mixing up more well known characters with some less known, just putting a couple villians, a couple females per wave etc... I guess I was more "logical" thinking of what could be posible and less of what would be a couple of dream waves (even knowing the lineups I picked were impossible to happen), The truth is I would just love any and all x-men related characters (morlocks, reavers, hellfire club, x-force, x-factor, classic giant size era x-men, brotherhood, acolytes, Excalibur, so on so forth)

But If marvel is reading this... If you make Maverick I wont ask for anything more, ill gladly buy anything you make without any fuzz... :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, abnuggler said:


But If marvel is reading this... If you make Maverick I wont ask for anything more, ill gladly buy anything you make without any fuzz... :P 

Haha that’s hilarious!  I think it’s possible that we see the full Reavers over the next couple of years.  I don’t think they would introduce Skullbuster without at least the intention of giving us a couple more Reavers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we finally have a classic Hulk coming, I'd like a (comic) Hulk wave that includes:

  • the Leader
  • Doc Samson
  • Bruce Banner (with alternate head in state of partial transformation)
  • a new , improved She-Hulk figure
  • Zzzax or X-ray
  • Ironclad
  • Vector
  • BAF:  Grey Hulk  or Mr. Fixit (or a new Maestro would work, too)

I'd like Vapor from the U-Foes too but think she'd be tricky to create a figure for. Other character options include Gargoyle and Bi-beast, i suppose MODOK too.   Some people might argue you need a hulk fig in the wave itself; in that case, you could do either Grey Hulk or even Amadeus Cho Hulk in the wave (probably replacing Ironclad, alas) , then have Maestro and Mr. Fixit being the respective BAFs.  

Of course, one issue with a Hulk wave is you're gonna have at least a couple of oversized figures but i tried to limit that here (in my view Zzzax could be done as a normal sized figure)

I'd also love an FF rogues gallery/allies wave, i'll try and narrow it down to 7 figs and a BAF later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Since we finally have a classic Hulk coming, I'd like a (comic) Hulk wave that includes:

  • the Leader
  • Doc Samson
  • Bruce Banner (with alternate head in state of partial transformation)
  • a new , improved She-Hulk figure
  • Zzzax or X-ray
  • Ironclad
  • Vector
  • BAF:  Grey Hulk  or Mr. Fixit (or a new Maestro would work, too)

I'd like Vapor from the U-Foes too but think she'd be tricky to create a figure for. Other character options include Gargoyle and Bi-beast, i suppose MODOK too.   Some people might argue you need a hulk fig in the wave itself; in that case, you could do either Grey Hulk or even Amadeus Cho Hulk in the wave (probably replacing Ironclad, alas) , then have Maestro and Mr. Fixit being the respective BAFs.  

Of course, one issue with a Hulk wave is you're gonna have at least a couple of oversized figures but i tried to limit that here (in my view Zzzax could be done as a normal sized figure)

I'd also love an FF rogues gallery/allies wave, i'll try and narrow it down to 7 figs and a BAF later.

Actually ZZzax is would be to big for a normal figure since he is usually portrayed bigger than the hulk  gray hulk should be regular fig since he is the smaller of the hulk personas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Since we finally have a classic Hulk coming, I'd like a (comic) Hulk wave that includes:

A better comic accurate Planet Hulk would be amazing too.  That original hulk only wave was actually pretty good, but I was never able to get the planet Hulk figure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

A better comic accurate Planet Hulk would be amazing too.  That original hulk only wave was actually pretty good, but I was never able to get the planet Hulk figure.  

yeah i got into collecting after that wave came out and the figures were too pricey for the likes of me lol.  For me the  mcu gladiator hulk is a reasonable stand-in for the planet Hulk figure but definitely would be happy for a comic version more faithful to the look in that storyline  (the select version seems like pretty nice as well).  

As far as Zzzax, i suppose you could make him the BAF for the wave due to his size, i just think he's less of a draw than some sort of Hulk character. as BAF. But if he's as cool looking as he should be, it could work.    Agree that grey hulk is often portrayed as smaller than green hulk so he could potentially be a single card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE