Build-A-Wave!!!

hisDUDENESS9829

12 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

the fact that we got a 3.75 inch version of this and they never released a 6 inch is mind boggling!  Would be really amazing if it came with that shield the old Animated Series figure did.  

Also it would be nice to have a version that didn't have a gimmick or special feature

On 3/25/2019 at 3:50 AM, leokearon said:

Also it would be nice to have a version that didn't have a gimmick or special feature

I disagree, I miss the gimmick figures.  I think NECA is doing a really great job at releasing some of those nostalgic figures that had gimmicks but in an updated format.  The Power Arm Terminator and Color Changing T1000 are the most glaring that come to mind. But the Aliens figures are super cool.  I would be all in on some of those crazy Spidey and X-Men gimmicks that they released with the old animated series lines.

6 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I disagree, I miss the gimmick figures.  I think NECA is doing a really great job at releasing some of those nostalgic figures that had gimmicks but in an updated format.  The Power Arm Terminator and Color Changing T1000 are the most glaring that come to mind. But the Aliens figures are super cool.  I would be all in on some of those crazy Spidey and X-Men gimmicks that they released with the old animated series lines.

Gimmicks tend to wreck at lot of figure by wrecking articulation or giving them stupid accessories. I prefer toys that don't have gimmicks, even Hasbro have admitted Gimmicks wreck toys.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Gimmicks tend to wreck at lot of figure by wrecking articulation or giving them stupid accessories. I prefer toys that don't have gimmicks, even Hasbro have admitted Gimmicks wreck toys.

the NECA figures use interchangeable parts to achieve the gimmicks so the figure isn't hampered in anyway.  image.thumb.png.808557d7b3f9da6a9ecf24c3b09fcf87.png

5 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

the NECA figures use interchangeable parts to achieve the gimmicks so the figure isn't hampered in anyway.  image.thumb.png.808557d7b3f9da6a9ecf24c3b09fcf87.png

I have no problem with that, it is when you start sticking missile launchers into arms (or creating combiners/headmasters of non combiners/headmasters), that I start getting annoyed. 

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

I have no problem with that, it is when you start sticking missile launchers into arms (or creating combiners/headmasters of non combiners/headmasters), that I start getting annoyed. 

Oh yeah, agreed 100%.  I would want gimmicks that made sense or were reversible haha

Are you talking about the Transformers where the heads came off?  I almost bought the Kupp form that line but now it sounds like I was smart not to.  

10 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Oh yeah, agreed 100%.  I would want gimmicks that made sense or were reversible haha

Are you talking about the Transformers where the heads came off?  I almost bought the Kupp form that line but now it sounds like I was smart not to.  

Yeah, I'm talking about those one, Kup actually is a good toy and he sort of gets away with it, since he was a Targetmaster, but it is when you put non-master characters ahead of the originals that things get annoying.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, I'm talking about those one, Kup actually is a good toy and he sort of gets away with it, since he was a Targetmaster, but it is when you put non-master characters ahead of the originals that things get annoying.

That's a shame.  So many of the designs from that series were super close to the retro versions I would want of those characters.  I totally understand your gimmick frustration now!

2 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

That's a shame.  So many of the designs from that series were super close to the retro versions I would want of those characters.  I totally understand your gimmick frustration now!

A lot of them were great and a lot I let slide because they were great toys, but it is in  the likes of Combiner Wars where they made 2 lots of Autobot Cars Combiners ahead of the established Combiner Teams that really annoyed me.

My dreams for 2020

X-Men Vintage Wave

Jim Lee Storm
British Armored Psylocke
Corsair
Avalanche
Thunderbird
Destiny

X-Men Wave
NIMROD BAF

70's Storm
Shaman
70's Angel
Exodus
80's Rogue
Jim Lee Jean Grey
Arcade

X-Factor Wave
Strong Guy BAF

X-Factor Polaris
X-Factor Havok
X-Factor Wolfsbane
Rachel Summers
Feral
Goblin Queen
Fabian Cortez

4 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yes it was like Marvel "Battle Royale" and no it wasn't, it was a terrible teen-hero killfest.

Oof.  I can see how that would leave a bad taste in your mouth.  I guess I just have fond memories of the old X-Men game on Sega and Marvel Ultimate Alliance's versions of Arcade.  

1 hour ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

right?!?  Also, more than just me asking for an Arcade!  

I wouldn't mind a classic Arcade figure, but something tells me they would go with the more modern "Avengers Arena" version of the character.  Speaking of which, I found it to be an enjoyable run... but then, i had no attachment to any of the characters going into it.  I could see where people who are familiar with the characters from others runs might not like seeing them thrust into a "battle royale/lord of the flies" scenario like this, though.  I did not enjoy the follow up, though... i think it was called Avengers Assemble but can't quite recall

54 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I wouldn't mind a classic Arcade figure, but something tells me they would go with the more modern "Avengers Arena" version of the character.  Speaking of which, I found it to be an enjoyable run... but then, i had no attachment to any of the characters going into it.  I could see where people who are familiar with the characters from others runs might not like seeing them thrust into a "battle royale/lord of the flies" scenario like this, though.  I did not enjoy the follow up, though... i think it was called Avengers Assemble but can't quite recall

Given that AA was the sort of sequel to Avengers Academy I hated it from issue 1. The sequel was Avengers Undercover,  which was not much better

3 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

I'd like to see them do another sort of street level wave at some point. We could finally get Shang-Chi. 

Like the Marvel Knights wave?  I was discussing that with someone else on here and we agreed on this point.  Would be a great vehicle for a lot of figures that haven't been made yet.   A classic Moon Knight for instance.

I'd love to see them do some more Venom waves, with those white boxes, and I think just because people are familiar with Symbiotes and Venom now on a global scale they could work

Venom Wave 2

Riot BAF (Comic Oriented but the size of the movie version)

Hybrid
Agony (simple re-paint of Scream)
Mania
ZZZXX (Armoured Version)
Andreas Von Strucker
Bomblast
Biohazard (no baf piece) (much like Death's Head 2..make him Translucent..would be a just cool figure I think people would buy)

i chose alot of characters who generally don't need massive re-tooling and can use alot of peices and bucks from exisiting figs

Venom Wave 3

Sleeper BAF (i know obscure but could be done easily)

Phage (carnage re-paint)

Blood Spider (spider-man fig to ensure sales)

Scorn

Vault Guard

Coldwar (would be the most new interms of tools)

Crime Master (easily made)

Armadillo (No Baf Peice..another big dude)

riot.jpg

hybrid.jpg

Andrea_Benton_%28Earth-616%29_from_Venom_Vol_2_38_001.jpg

ZZZXX_%28Symbiote%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-Men_Kingbreaker_Vol_1_2_0001.jpg

Swordsman-Marvel-Comics-Thunderbolts-Andreas-Strucker-b.jpg

bomblast.jpg

2600824-ohotmu_a_to_z__4___page_61.jpg

Sleeper_001.jpg

Carl_Mach_(Earth-616)_from_Venom_Lethal_Protector_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg

bloodspider_head.jpg

scorn.jpg

guardsarmor2.jpg

5527683-coldwar.jpg

Crime_Master_%28Inner_Demon%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_3_18.1_0001.jpg

250px-ArmadilloC.png

here is another wave I would think wouldn't be too crazy A Horror/Ghost Rider Wave (released for Halloween)

Marvel Horror/Ghost Rider Wave

Blackheart BAF

Werewolf By Night

Satana (Legacy-Red Outfit w/Horns)

Mephisto (No BAF)

Ghost Rider 2099

Hellstorm

Vengeance

Dracula

2 Packs

Zarathos & Lady Ghost Rider (Alejandra Jones)

Zombie Deadpool & Shiklah

Dr. Strange (Earth 928) & Nightmare