Deadpool Heading To Disney

JayC

Actor Ryan Reynolds made a fun post today on Instagram showing himself as Deadpool on a Disney school bus with a Mickey Mouse hat including the quote "Feels like the first day of ‘Pool."

The post was made to highlight the fact that everything between Disney and 20th Century Fox is expected to be finalized by tomorrow, 3/20. So is the Marvel Cinematic Universe ready for Deadpool and are you ready for Deadpool in the MCU?

Deadpool-Disney.jpg

On 3/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, Satam said:

Word is Disney is going to keep the Fox brand alive for less family friendly stuff like Deadpool, which they recognize as a success, and both Feige and Iger have said they have no intention to mess with its formula.

I sure hope this is true. Fox did a brilliant thing with the tone of Logan and Deadpool that Disney wouldn’t have done. For that, I’m glad Fox had the rights.

• 9 months later...

While I don't think this news will shock anyone, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has confirmed in an interview he did on Live With Kelly and Ryan that Disney was moving forward with a third Deadpool movie and they were working on it now.

“We’re working on it right now with the whole team,” Reynolds said. “We’re over at Marvel, which is the big leagues all of a sudden. It’s kind of crazy.”

The previous two Deadpool movies were released as rated R films under 20th Century Fox. This will be the first movie done since Disney and Marvel purchased the rights back for all mutant based Marvel characters previously held by Fox.

The rating for this movie has yet to be announced. Indications made previously by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Disney CEO Robert Iger have suggested the Merc with a Mouth would retain his R rated status even under the house of the mouse. We will have to wait and see if that remains to be true.

1 hour ago, mako said:

T o everyone who considers this good news, congratulations.

You truly, TRULY deserve the train-wreck that's coming.

LOL, okay Palpatine. " I find your lack of faith Disturbing". You haven't even seen a trailer yet. 

19 hours ago, mako said:

T o everyone who considers this good news, congratulations.

You truly, TRULY deserve the train-wreck that's coming.

You may be right, but i could see it working out. after all the comic isn't rated R.  i could see him being bleeped out a lot and addressing that in a meta way throughout the movie. They would obviously have to tone down the violence, i think that would be the toughest obstacle considering how much that played into the other movies' success.  Not much concern as far as sexual content.   

it could very well be a disaster but even if it is, we still got 2 good Deadpool movies which is 2 more than i would've expected. 

I don't expect to see a lot of other mcu heroes appear so i do wonder if they would keep colossus in particular as i expect disney would want to use him for an mcu x-men film at some point, probably no more juggernaut either.  They could probably continue to use negasonic and yukio, debatably Domino and Cable. I wonder if they would bring back TJ Miller considering he's been in some scandals. 

5 hours ago, mako said:

I think that would be the perfect way to pull it off. Sanitize the picture for an MCU audience, but play up the fact it's been sanitized. He's horrified he can't curse. He tries the blocking bullets with his swords thing again, and is shocked when it actually works. Deadpool guest-starred on an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man and they did a lot of that very thing. I could really see it working in the right context.

It might even give ole Wade an extra dimension he lacked before.

And frankly, michiganjfrog is right, the low rent blue humor they've been using is a crutch. They're literally dropping "F" bombs because they don't have anything more clever to say.

Also his guns shoot lasers and his Katanas are now lightsabers 

So Disney is gonna tone down a character that  uses guns & swords & swears a lot & some of you are alright with this? I guess he'll have energy swords & laser pistols so the wounds are cauterized , hence no blood. Logan was the best Wolverine movie due to it being R rated!  I laughed at all the bloodless fight scenes in all the Xmen movies he was in & his 1st 2 solo movies.