Marvel Legends Dream Vintage Waves

Double0Joe27

The recent Vintage lines of Marvel Legends have in my opinion been very underrated and still have so much potential to expand in the future.

It’s a great way for us all to receive classic versions of each of our favorite characters, and also a way to rerelease some characters that have been increasingly harder to come by, like Wolverine (brown and yellow), Scarlet Spider and Pizza Spider-Man. 

My ideal vintage wave would be:

Iron Fist in his classic costume 

Silver Centurion Iron Man

Classic Dr Strange 

A re-release of Jim Lee Cyclops (added optic accessories)

Ultron

And a re-release of Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 

I feel these guys would look great in that classic packaging and would be great additions to anyone’s collection! What do you think? Who’d be in you’re ideal Vintage wave, and what do you think of the idea of a Vintage Wave in general?

6D341561-3489-49E9-A6AC-5962FADA4F58.jpeg

0F78F7FE-1103-4D00-8D25-69D2B81EF38A.gif

B5F43D86-980C-412B-81D2-958DDEE08826.jpeg

61667CB3-E1D3-483B-98DE-744ACC80054A.jpeg

2C10B913-0AB5-4C8A-98DB-1B5346419920.png

79634004-7F1F-476C-8AD4-260BD33C7B92.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we all know this year's wave is X-men based, if that does well maybe next year we'll se a regular marvel wave and a x-men wave (that would be awesome), in either case for my argument Ill give my picks for these 2 waves.

Marvel Vintage Wave:
Classic Ms, Marvel (with 2 heads: a 80's Hair & more modern Moonstone long hair)
Classic Dr. Strange
Classic Costume Electro
War Machine 90's
Classic Moonknight
US Agent (using the wolf cap body or maybe a slightly larger one)

X-Men Wave:
Spy Wolverine (team x costume)
Jim Lee Jean grey Update (or jim lee storm whichever is not included in this year's wave, I hope one of the two is one of the still not revealed figures)
Black Tom Cassidy
Classic Iceman
Morph
Green Suit Quicksilver

727eba6c162d442211e46e2eaa348362.jpg

4853832-strange-147830.jpg

electro (3).jpg

HTB1G75eIpXXXXX3XVXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg

Moon_Knight_Right_Portrait_Art.jpg

USAgent-Marvel-Comics-Captain-America.jpg

7d5b2713f92994d1dc1eb816cf55bbbb--wolverine-images-logan-wolverine.jpg

4182984-4377016558-storm.jpg

a92b504b77f053c4a1cff1ad41ee7b31.jpg

Black-Tom-Thomas-Cassidy-x-men-35314393-208-450.jpg

iceman-ride.jpg

Morph.jpg

qs-bigcostume1.jpg

9 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Marvel Vintage Wave:
Classic Ms, Marvel (with 2 heads: a 80's Hair & more modern Moonstone long hair)
Classic Dr. Strange
Classic Costume Electro
War Machine 90's
Classic Moonknight
US Agent (using the wolf cap body or maybe a slightly larger one)

X-Men Wave:
Spy Wolverine (team x costume)
Jim Lee Jean grey Update (or jim lee storm whichever is not included in this year's wave, I hope one of the two is one of the still not revealed figures)
Black Tom Cassidy
Classic Iceman
Morph
Green Suit Quicksilver

These are all pretty good guesses and ones I would buy very quickly.  I would just hope that Black Tom would be in the below attire.  An updated US Agent would be amazing.  I have the first one and the buck is tiny compared to the new legends that are out now.  Honestly, I would buy just about any of the old ToyBiz X-Men or X-Force line re-done in this vintage fashion, so I can't think of any that I would want in particular.  Except maybe a Warpath.  

image.thumb.png.2cf2e21dec5f88a5664dcb9608f779b3.pngimage.thumb.png.02678cfccdd742a32080a9df3e8ceda8.png

If the vintage wave is a general wave:

Classic Doctor Strange

Classic Iron Fist

Classic Luke Cage

Classic Adam Warlock

Classic Thanos (if possible)

Lilandra

if we get another X-Men vintage wave:

Jim Lee Jean Grey (newer mold, better head and power effects)

Iceman

Classic Havok (alt unmasked head)

Ahab

Maverick

Magik (New Mutants costume)

17 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

These are all pretty good guesses and ones I would buy very quickly.  I would just hope that Black Tom would be in the below attire.  An updated US Agent would be amazing.  I have the first one and the buck is tiny compared to the new legends that are out now.  Honestly, I would buy just about any of the old ToyBiz X-Men or X-Force line re-done in this vintage fashion, so I can't think of any that I would want in particular.  Except maybe a Warpath.  

image.thumb.png.2cf2e21dec5f88a5664dcb9608f779b3.pngimage.thumb.png.02678cfccdd742a32080a9df3e8ceda8.png

I thought of that black tom figre, but I'd rather have a regular black tom without the crazy mutation wood power and I feel the white and black costume is a little bland but thats just my opinion, if thats the only Black Tom hasbro made Id still buy it, as for Warpath I thought about him but I didnt put him in my list cause I just thought he'd probably be done in a regular X-men wave rather than a vintage wave seeing how Cable and Shatterstar were released in regular waves, and now Boom Boom and Cannonball will too and they are all in their Leifield era costumes I just thought if hasbro did Warpath theyd make him in that costume and put him in a regular wave like the other 90's X-Force figures theyve made. But if they decide to go with a more modern or even X-Force Warpath release in one of the regular waves a good way to get a more classic look would be in a Vintage wave, just like the old toybiz figure (if thats the case Id be on board with your idea)

23 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

I thought of that black tom figre, but I'd rather have a regular black tom without the crazy mutation wood power and I feel the white and black costume is a little bland but thats just my opinion, if thats the only Black Tom hasbro made Id still buy it, as for Warpath I thought about him but I didnt put him in my list cause I just thought he'd probably be done in a regular X-men wave rather than a vintage wave seeing how Cable and Shatterstar were released in regular waves, and now Boom Boom and Cannonball will too and they are all in their Leifield era costumes I just thought if hasbro did Warpath theyd make him in that costume and put him in a regular wave like the other 90's X-Force figures theyve made. But if they decide to go with a more modern or even X-Force Warpath release in one of the regular waves a good way to get a more classic look would be in a Vintage wave, just like the old toybiz figure (if thats the case Id be on board with your idea)

I’m with you, these two just held a lot of nostalgia value for me.  That Black Tom specifically.  The string attached to the projectile was such a cool gimmick in the 90’s even if it didn’t make sense for the character.  That Warpath though eluded me for a while.  Same with the two Ice Man figures with their sleds.  Hunting these was so much fun!

17 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

The fact that this one hasn’t popped up yet is astonishing.  We have like 6 Iron Fists in the last few years and only one Moon Knight since ToyBiz days.  Mind blowing.

I agree. I know he's not as well known of a character, but he's better known than some characters that have been coming out.  I love the modern Moon Knight, one of my favorite looks for the character, but it wouldn't feel right without a proper classic version.

5 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I agree. I know he's not as well known of a character, but he's better known than some characters that have been coming out.  I love the modern Moon Knight, one of my favorite looks for the character, but it wouldn't feel right without a proper classic version.

It’s a shame that we only got one wave of the Marvel Knights.  We could have gotten some cool gritty characters had that continued.  Willing to be they would have found a place for a classic Moon Knight in that line.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:12 PM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

It’s a shame that we only got one wave of the Marvel Knights.  We could have gotten some cool gritty characters had that continued.  Willing to be they would have found a place for a classic Moon Knight in that line.

I completely agree.  I think Moon Knight would have made that wave easily, I really would have liked to see how that theme could have expanded.

6 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

A “Secret Wars” set of vintage figures would be really cool.  They could release the black suit Spidey one of those cards.  

Secret Wars Vintage Line Wave 1

Symbiote Spider-Man

Baron Zemo

Hobgoblin

Iron Man

Dr. Doom

Ice Man

Secret Wars Vintage Line Wave 2

Constrictor

Doc Ock

Falcon

Electro

Kang

Magneto

I like the sound of those.   I've been off the wagon & just started an account to post here.  I want to get the Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye & Punisher they released a while back since those looked so solid.  The line is so simplistic especially if you don't want to get a BAF piece that you don't care about or if you like the styling of the packaging.  

On 3/22/2019 at 3:29 AM, abnuggler said:

I'd love some for teams that people haven't been able to get like X Force's multiple incarnations since characters like Warpath or Winter Soldier were released for one retailer with limited supply or with a line we missed out on or couldn't even get for one reason or another.  

I'm gonna keep with mostly repaint themes, for me it would be

Wave 1

Moon Knight

Electro

Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

Sharon Carter

Dr Strange

Ka-Zar

latest?cbu003d20160520143049electro.giflatest?cb=20140515042244&path-prefix=pro4633b16b6bf07dc6f1bd893e49170a49.jpgDoctor_Strange_2.jpgkazar.gif

X-Men Wave

Iceman

Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers - Phoenix) - with short hair & long hair

Firestar

Cannonball (New Mutants)

Lilandra - without the helmet, since we'll already have it..or they can include it just because

Emma Frost

xm-pacd0005.jpg2796d1b78808fe12042a8099a700a7c6.jpgc70646e4e781e30a21ec786798a88b38.jpg368-3683912_classic-cannonball-portrait-latest?cb=20130107212541latest?cb=20091024180104

4 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Does the vintage line need to be reproductions of figures released in the 80's? I'm thinking of the X-Factor Cyclops and the Silver Samurai which were both on those old X-Men cards.

No, as you said the X-Men figures are based on the 90's toy line.

I would say anything from the 90's back would count as vintage

Well, there was a time we all thought the biggest requirement was to be on the old 5" Toybiz cards and to be a simple repaint using existing parts, but the X-Men vintage wave totally blew that outta the water. It seems now the only limitation is that it was once done by Toybiz on a Toybiz card or clamshell. It seems like nothing is off the table at this point. That's good for us because along with all the old 5" Toybiz there's also quite a few later Toybiz ML that a lot of us would like redone.

7 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Does the vintage line need to be reproductions of figures released in the 80's? I'm thinking of the X-Factor Cyclops and the Silver Samurai which were both on those old X-Men cards.

5 hours ago, nieman257 said:

I'm gonna keep with mostly repaint themes, for me it would be

Wave 1

Moon Knight

Electro

Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

Sharon Carter

Dr Strange

Ka-Zar

latest?cbu003d20160520143049electro.giflatest?cb=20140515042244&path-prefix=pro4633b16b6bf07dc6f1bd893e49170a49.jpgDoctor_Strange_2.jpgkazar.gif

X-Men Wave

Iceman

Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers - Phoenix) - with short hair & long hair

Firestar

Cannonball (New Mutants)

Lilandra - without the helmet, since we'll already have it..or they can include it just because

Emma Frost

xm-pacd0005.jpg2796d1b78808fe12042a8099a700a7c6.jpgc70646e4e781e30a21ec786798a88b38.jpg368-3683912_classic-cannonball-portrait-latest?cb=20130107212541latest?cb=20091024180104

there's no way we won't see a White Queen sometime soon.  With the Walgreen's exclusive coming out any day now, I would imagine that we would see the White Queen announced by the end of this year.  

4 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

there's no way we won't see a White Queen sometime soon.  With the Walgreen's exclusive coming out any day now, I would imagine that we would see the White Queen announced by the end of this year.  

I thinl the same, Classic Emma and Classic Moon Knight are coming for sure!