The Marvel Select 7" Marc Silvestri Based Hulk Unleashed Figure Gets A General Re-Release From DST

JayC

Originally released back in 2012 as a Disney Store Exclusive, this 7" Marvel Select Hulk Unleashed comic book based figure is making a return in August as a general release from Diamond Select Toys, which means you should be able to get it at any comic or specialty shop.

Inspired by the art of superstar Marc Silvestri, the Hulk has popping veins and muscles and features his classic ripped-pants look. Sculpted by Jean St. Jean, it comes packaged in the display-ready Select packaging with side-panel art for shelf reference. Look for it to be out in August 2019.

Hulk-Unleashed-01.jpg

Hulk-Unleashed-02.jpg

46 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I don't know if this was a smart choice. This figure is too outdated now. I'd much rather have the Agent Venom for instance. 

or! is this timing on purpose due to currently unknown events in Endgame?!?............maybe / probably not; but i do think companies can plan merchandise releases (sometimes) based on movie or larges-scale comic events. For them? it's free advertising.

Yeah I agree with everyone else. This figure is nice, but it’s not that in demand for a re-release, I don’t think. I would hope they would re-release the Watcher or Mephisto!!!!!!! Because those guys are hard to get, and are very pricey online!!!! Soooo Diamond Select!!!! If you are reading this, re-release Mephisto and the Watcher!!!

Pin head Hulk! Wow, what a great decision to re-release something no  one was asking for. MS Watcher is the most in demand due to him being in perfect scale with either MU figs or ML figs. But yeah, re-release an umpteenth Hulk & a lame one at that. Once I get that 80th anniv Hulk/1st app Wolvie boxset, I need no other Hulk fig ever again. That is & will be the definitive comic based version that I've been waiting for since 2002!

51 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Once I get that 80th anniv Hulk/1st app Wolvie boxset, I need no other Hulk fig ever again. That is & will be the definitive comic based version that I've been waiting for since 2002!

Could not agree more.  That will absolutely be the definitive version of the big green rage monster.  I don’t love the Wolverine in the two pack, but they certainly nailed the look.  Well worth the price tag on these Comic book 80th anny figures for sure.

Shame that the vast majority of MCU fans have zero idea that in the comics the Hulk was always a solo player & was only an original Avenger for all of 1.5 issues of the comics back in the 60s. He was a member of the classic Defenders a lot longer than he was an Avenger.  My 80th anniv Hulk will always be a solo player with the mindset of a child,   going at it with villain & hero alike with an occasional team up with a hero if they are fighting a mutual foe.

• 4 months later...