Marvel Legends Avengers: Endgame Target 2-Pack In-Hand Look

JayC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Falls22 said:

I kinda wish this came with a Tony Stark & Scott Lang heads instead of the Iron Man & Ant-Man helmets. But I guess having a two pack with regular heads, isn’t too appealing to kids? 

Well you can just do it yourself if you have the previous ones they released.

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Well you can just do it yourself if you have the previous ones they released.

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Yeah the Scott one works, kinda forgot about that. But I would like an updated Tony one with the face prints that they’ve been doing. I got the one from the tenth anniversary, but I’d like one with the short hair with the more recent look. Lol I guess that’s asking for too much. 

I had this 2 pack in my hands today. I went to the register at self checkout, and after scanning it, there was a message prompt saying that the item could not be sold to me. The lady working the self checkout area came over and took the item out of my hands, and said she couldn't let me purchase it. And she took it over to customer service.

The lady actually was a little rude about how she did all this. It was like I was the one who did something wrong, and she just grabbed it out of my hands, mumbling that I wasn't allowed to buy this until the 31st, as she was walking away to leave the package at customer service.

So close.

3 hours ago, Aaykaramba said:

This is a must have for me but i kinda wished they had included a Bruce Banner and Rhodey head instead of Iron man and Antman AGAIN . Just seems like absolute laziness on the part of Habro .:angry:

that's a good call, but do you think they didn't because those two don' t wear these suits?? with so much mystery around the movie, it's hard..btu good fun..to try and figure out why Hasbro has been making the decisions it has.

8 hours ago, worldwarhulk said:

I had this 2 pack in my hands today. I went to the register at self checkout, and after scanning it, there was a message prompt saying that the item could not be sold to me. The lady working the self checkout area came over and took the item out of my hands, and said she couldn't let me purchase it. And she took it over to customer service.

The lady actually was a little rude about how she did all this. It was like I was the one who did something wrong, and she just grabbed it out of my hands, mumbling that I wasn't allowed to buy this until the 31st, as she was walking away to leave the package at customer service.

So close.

They are kinda rude, but I worked retail and ran into this myself. You've gotta be pretty contrite and quick to end the situation, otherwise the customer tends to want to argue the whole "then why was it on the shelf" scenario. Don't take it too personal. Dealing with the public is a tough gig.

35 minutes ago, monron999 said:

They are kinda rude, but I worked retail and ran into this myself. You've gotta be pretty contrite and quick to end the situation, otherwise the customer tends to want to argue the whole "then why was it on the shelf" scenario. Don't take it too personal. Dealing with the public is a tough gig.

Your probably right but frankly the customer has a right to argue and be frustrated under this scenario. Its so ridiculous when these stores constantly put this stuff out on the shelf as if its for sale only to walk up to the register and be told sorry we were only pretending this was for sale and it happens far to often at to many stores to be a simple accident. I am sure it's frustrating for the cashier as well having to deal with an irritate frustrated customer but there really should be something done to prevent these stores from doing that all the time. The embargo's are ridiculous but if the studio's who are the ones that put the pressure on the manufacture to place these embargo's on the retailer insist on having them, they should really take steps to make sure they are enforced. I suspect this is done deliberately more as a marketing ploy to get people in the doors but the argument generally used is its just lazy stock people. I guarantee if there were real repercussions for those lazy stock people when they ignore the embargo's clearly listed on the packaging, it wouldn't happen that often.  

8 hours ago, worldwarhulk said:

So close.

When they put it back on the shelf, and they almost def will, you should take some decent pictures of the set and also try and get the DCPI# and post it here :)

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Your probably right but frankly the customer has a right to argue and be frustrated under this scenario. Its so ridiculous when these stores constantly put this stuff out on the shelf as if its for sale only to walk up to the register and be told sorry we were only pretending this was for sale and it happens far to often at to many stores to be a simple accident. I am sure it's frustrating for the cashier as well having to deal with an irritate frustrated customer but there really should be something done to prevent these stores from doing that all the time. The embargo's are ridiculous but if the studio's who are the ones that put the pressure on the manufacture to place these embargo's on the retailer insist on having them, they should really take steps to make sure they are enforced. I suspect this is done deliberately more as a marketing ploy to get people in the doors but the argument generally used is its just lazy stock people. I guarantee if there were real repercussions for those lazy stock people when they ignore the embargo's clearly listed on the packaging, it wouldn't happen that often.  

I’m not sure that it is lazy stock people as much as it is probably more that management is not disseminating the messages appropriately to the part-timers stocking the shelves.  Also, even though the lady was probably rude taking it and putting it back, there wasn’t much she could have done about selling it anyway.  She should have absolutely called a manager over and let that decision fall to them.  Retail is a tough, non-rewarding gig and not all of the people working it know the complexities of what they can or can’t sell/stock.  

I absolutely agree that the embargoes are bogus but I just don’t know how they could enforce them better considering how many stores exist across the US.  It would entail a lot more training and money spent than would probably be worth it.

I think its ridiculous that the store doesn't just sell the product to the customer at that point. The store has already messed up by allowing the product to make it to the floor. So they already haven't done their job correctly. They should just suffer the consequences and keep their customers happy. There may be a penalty to the store for selling the item, but that's all the more reason for the store to do a better job in the future and not let the product make it to the floor early in the first place.

The procedure should be more like this:

#1 Do not let the product on the floor early.

#2 Any product that makes it to the floor and into the customers hands, is allowed to be purchased. 

Rather than:

#1 Do not let the product on the floor early.

#2 Opps we messed up, so if the customer tries to purchase something that we shouldn't have had on the floor yet, we've got a back up plan to prevent selling the item too early.

I'm also skeptical of what happened because there was only this single 2 pack on the shelf. I'm sure that they didn't just place 1 of them on the shelf and leave the rest in the box. And I'm also sure that they didn't only just receive a single 2 pack in a case. My guess is that someone (or multiple customers) managed to purchase the rest of the 2 packs, plus an entire wave of the single figures.

If I had any suspicion that I wasn't going to get to purchase this, I would have taken all kinds of pictures before I got up front. I even scanned it at a price checker just to double check the price & make sure there was no error message.

Oh well. 6 more days. Then I get to go back and purchase it anyways, I've got it on hold sense they wouldn't let me purchase it at the time. What a bunch of nonsense.

13 minutes ago, JeromeAntone said:

So when will this be available for preorder? I can't find a link anywhere. I came so close to getting one on ebay. Soooo close. 

Should be available on 3/31. Dont think any have hit eBay, at least not yet.

4 hours ago, worldwarhulk said:

I'm also skeptical of what happened because there was only this single 2 pack on the shelf. I'm sure that they didn't just place 1 of them on the shelf and leave the rest in the box. And I'm also sure that they didn't only just receive a single 2 pack in a case. My guess is that someone (or multiple customers) managed to purchase the rest of the 2 packs, plus an entire wave of the single figures.

If I had any suspicion that I wasn't going to get to purchase this, I would have taken all kinds of pictures before I got up front. I even scanned it at a price checker just to double check the price & make sure there was no error message.

Oh well. 6 more days. Then I get to go back and purchase it anyways, I've got it on hold sense they wouldn't let me purchase it at the time. What a bunch of nonsense.

Its possible, there def ways around those embargos.

2 hours ago, JayC said:
New updated images via Ryan over on Facebook.

1 of 1

wait, so! does this confirm that Tony walking with the team in the latest trailer isn't a CGI fake-out?? I thought it was but it just occurred to me that Hasbro wouldn't sell a fakeout figure... how totally cool. I may wait to buy a few of these till after the movie..