JayC

Hasbro has come a long way

When I look at these two figures I can't help but thing how far Hasbro has come with Marvel Legends since when they first took the line over.

IMG_1164.jpg

30 minutes ago, JayC said:

When I look at these two figures I can't help but thing how far Hasbro has come with Marvel Legends since when they first took the line over.

IMG_1164.jpg

Agreed.  A Black Bolt side by side would yield a similar result 

And yet, you still have some people saying they still like the no neck Burger King looking Cheetos colored Herc.  That entire mold should be dipped in sulfuric acid & the sculpter never allowed again to work for Marvel in any capacity whatsoever. 

I'm glad to see Hasbro has improved. I have been out of the hobby for a while, but some of these upcoming figures are pretty compelling. Can anyone post any more comparison pictures?

26 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I'm glad to see Hasbro has improved. I have been out of the hobby for a while, but some of these upcoming figures are pretty compelling. Can anyone post any more comparison pictures?

Seconded!  I usually sell off my older version in order to buy the newer version so it would be cool to see more of these side-by-side shots.  

On 3/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Agreed.  A Black Bolt side by side would yield a similar result 

From the Nemesis wave?  That figure wasn't that bad.  I mean the articulation isn't great, but it doesn't look weird.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

From the Nemesis wave?  That figure wasn't that bad.  I mean the articulation isn't great, but it doesn't look weird.

Yeah, but compared to the new one, especially the headsculpt, it is a huge improvement.

41 minutes ago, Theothetaco said:

Yea i feel like the only thing hasbro has left to do is give figures more acceseries

It seems like we are slowly getting there.  We are getting some great pack in heads and extra hands on a lot of the figures lately.  

22 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

It seems like we are slowly getting there.  We are getting some great pack in heads and extra hands on a lot of the figures lately.  

Yea like with nightcrawlers 3 heads

Slowly but surely we have seen a ton of improvement, it makes me excited for the future of the line. With the new reveals and the new ways Hasbro has improved sculpting and painting, its definitely a giant step in the right direction.

I'm just praying that  the scale is not on the large side for both IM & especially that classic Thor, he looked almost Hulk sized in that pic. Why Hasbro continues to get the scale wrong on Thor is beyond me. He's 6'6 not 7'6!

that old hercules horrifying 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:26 AM, SuperTurtle19 said:

The new marvel annivasery figures look like they might finally be the ones to dethrone face-off hulk and cap as the best figures of those characters.

I would argue that the Vintage wave Cap is better than the face off one in terms of definitive attires.  This new one looks close with the molded "feathers" but I think the colors are a little dark.