Spiderman far from home wave build a figure

Theothetaco

On 4/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I've been collecting Legends since about '05 and I am having a hard time recalling the days of no BAF?  I remember when they did very small ones, but I don't remember none at all?

Wrestling figures aren't cheaper than Legends anymore.  They sit right around the same price point at $18-$20 and come with less accessories and no build a figure piece (the elites anyway), and honestly even with Mattel's new face scan tech, Legends are the better bang for your buck (regardless of the size of the BAF).  

Toy Biz's first several waves (in the early 00's) were without BAFs.  Even so, Toy Biz MLs generally came with a comic and a diorama/stand display piece prior to the BAFs, and once they had the BAF gimmick they pretty much never looked back, at least in terms of the "main" Marvel Legends line (some of the spinoff lines were without BAFs) until Hasbro won the license.

Hasbro has had at least one wave that had no BAF (The "Epic Heroes" wave).  But generally Hasbro waves have always had BAFs.

And really people crap on Hasbro a fair bit but for their pricepoint they're almost always the best value on the market in terms of "bang for your buck" and that goes across all their lines.  Yeah, other parties might have superior product for any given franchise, but you're generally going to pay a lot more for it.

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, other parties might have superior product for any given franchise, but you're generally going to pay a lot more for it.

Also the depth of characters are beyond compare with Hasbro.  I would much rather have a full X-Men team with good paint apps and articulation than 5 members with amazing paint apps and articulation (which Hasbro is really stepping their game up in both of these departments).  

I was thinking more recently with the Hasbro waves, not necessarily with the ToyBiz, but yeah I still have a lot of my ToyBiz Legends comics and display pieces because they looked so cool.  The Punisher's fire escape was probably one of my favorites, but Iceman's slide was a close second.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Looks like we found out , and it will be Molten Man ! and he looks great

also we found out that indeed MCU Mysterio is the final figure

I'm not a fan of this BAF but it was expected. I mean he has been push in most other lines.

But Mysterio is awesome. I wonder if the bowl is removable.

Just now, tarot said:

I'm not a fan of this BAF but it was expected. I mean he has been push in most other lines.

But Mysterio is awesome. I wonder if the bowl is removable.

I Think this BAF is pretty damn rad, I'm onboard to build it only problem is the wave isn't full of big wants for me, that Mysterio does look really nice I got to say, but I don't know if i can justify the need for him since we got such a fantastic comic one (who am I kidding i'm gonna buy it) but yes I do wonder as well if Jake's likeness is underneath that bowl !

See I really want that BAF myself I think it looks unique compared to the other BAFs we've gotten, but my problem is I don't care for at least most of these figures in this wave, thank god I wouldn't need to buy that new Tech Suit Spidey to build the BAF cause I have no interest in that, the only figs I actually really want from this wave are : Spider Woman and Doppelgang, I mean Mysterio looks damn great but I am content with the comic version, and despite how intergral Scorpion is to the Spider world I don't really think this fig looks that great (I would have been all over it if it was the same design as the 90's cartoon, with the lighter lime green and open mask), and he's never been a personal favorite. Hydro man looks like a joke IMO, and why do I want a fig that looks like puny Spider Man Noir? , that's just me

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Has it been pointed out that the greens in Scorpion's lower torso and upper legs don't match with the rest of the greens in the figure?

Yeah I noticed this myself along time ago, but figured maybe it was just a random thing when they were showing the previews of it, but it does appear to be showing up on all the figures we have seen in pics thus far, hope it's not another case of the Hellcats issue where indeed there is a paint issue on all or most of the figs.

Definitely want this wave, got my pre-order in.  I'm not real stoked for the BAF, but considering I want the whole wave I don't care.  Plus side, Molten Man ends up being awesome, and that's great, downside, he's okay, but I'm not buying the wave for him so that's fine too.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hot damn, I already got everything I wanted from this wave, crazy how these went on sale, but funny enough they are on sale but still never had a Red Goblin or a Silver Sable ever once in stock and still don't but they say they are on sale what dorks amazon, tempted though to buy the 2 I need but actually also know I don't want em or... mind blowing as it is I could give not one single morsel of a care to build Kingpin

Depending on when you bought them and from where, you can probably go back to the store with your receipt and do a price adjustment or price match. That wave is $22Cdn right now at TRU (The X-men wave have supposedly started hitting TRUs on the East Coast and are also $22Cdn).

28 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Depending on when you bought them and from where, you can probably go back to the store with your receipt and do a price adjustment or price match. That wave is $22Cdn right now at TRU (The X-men wave have supposedly started hitting TRUs on the East Coast and are also $22Cdn).

Oh cool, the X-Men wave have been spotted in Canada at TRU's to bad I don't live near a TRU and i always find it a shot in the dark trying to go to the stores and not knowing, I guess I will be waiting I already pre-ordered Blink and Skullbuster from Amazon, waiting to order the Jubilee and Beast