Marvel Legends 6" Hercules Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Not the ideal version of Hercules for me, but I will certainly take it. If only we could exchange the costume with the one the older Herc had without the goofy grin. I'm sure somebody talented will tweak this one and make a better set of legs to go with it. Thanks for the review.

Eh, Herc's height (6'5")  seems off relative to Wrecker (6"3) and Thunderball and Ares (6'1"), but he seemed pretty appropriately sized next to Cable (6'8") , Thanos (6'7") , DD (6'), and Wolverine (5'3"), especially given artist's depictions over the years regardless of the official stats.   I think its more that the older Wrecker, Ares and T-ball figs are a bit oversized than anything else.  I'd be curious to see how Herc looks next to his fellow Avengers like Black Knight, Wasp, Cap, Monica Rambeau, maybe She-Hulk,  since that is whom i would be posing him with, mostly.

I do wish he had a slightly more classic look but this figure looks good and is certainly recognizable as Herc.

8 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I do wish he had a slightly more classic look but this figure looks good and is certainly recognizable as Herc.

It seems like lately Hasbro has been putting the modern version out there first and then following up soon after with a classic version.  Hopefully we will see a classic Herc soon enough.  

33 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

It seems like lately Hasbro has been putting the modern version out there first and then following up soon after with a classic version.  Hopefully we will see a classic Herc soon enough.  

Maybe, but if they don't, i'm fine with this version.  He'll still look good posed next to the other members of Roger Stern's Avengers  (we still need Starfox and.... i guess Doctor Druid)

23 minutes ago, icematta said:

I'm in love with this costume, the only let down is his size, Hercules is as tall as Thor...

To be fair we haven’t had a chance to see the new 80th Thor in a side by side with him.  I would imagine he scales much better than the first Hasbro Thor does from way back in the “Return of the Legends” days.

13 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

To be fair we haven’t had a chance to see the new 80th Thor in a side by side with him.  I would imagine he scales much better than the first Hasbro Thor does from way back in the “Return of the Legends” days.

I'll bet this hercules is comparable to the Odinson figure from the Ragnarok wave, although maybe Odinson is a little taller (iirc the reviewer doesn't actually measure Herc's height in the video).   I'm sure as more reviews come in we'll get some thor height comparisons.  Obviously the giant modern Thor from the Allfather wave will dwarf Hercules but imo that Thor is way too tall/big.  As long as Herc is a bit taller than Black Knight and Cap but a bit shorter than She-Hulk, I'm good. Again, it doesn't seem quite fair to compare Herc's height against figs from the dawn of Hasbro ML or from the toybiz days.

Obvious all of you complaining about Herc being 'too small" are not comic book readers, otherwise you'd all know he's 6'5, not 7'5 & that the Wrecking crew was put on an outdated, outta scale buck that's over 10yrs old & was 1st used on the Warpath that came in the old Toybiz 2 pack wave in 2008-2010. So far, all of Hasbro's renditions of Thor have also been done on over sized outta scale bucks as well. The pic of Herc next to Cable is a perfect example of scale accuracy as Cable is listed as being 6'8, so he is just perfect in hgt nect  to 6'5 Herc. And Thor is 6'6 FYI.  None of the 4 Wrecking crew members is taller than 6'6 & that's Thunderball's listed hgt. Why some people keep insisting that these characters be giants is beyond me.

My only beef with the fig is that they decided to go with his modern NOW look instead of his more classic & iconic 1st or 2nd app looks.  And I coulda done w/o the manbun as well. I'll be slicing that off soon as I get him outta the packaging.

Hercules 80s look.jpg

HERCULES classic version.png

hercules-1st app statue.jpg

3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I'll bet this hercules is comparable to the Odinson figure from the Ragnarok wave, although maybe Odinson is a little taller (iirc the reviewer doesn't actually measure Herc's height in the video).   I'm sure as more reviews come in we'll get some thor height comparisons.  Obviously the giant modern Thor from the Allfather wave will dwarf Hercules but imo that Thor is way too tall/big.  As long as Herc is a bit taller than Black Knight and Cap but a bit shorter than She-Hulk, I'm good. Again, it doesn't seem quite fair to compare Herc's height against figs from the dawn of Hasbro ML or from the toybiz days.

I agree 100%.  It looks like Hasbro is starting to remedy a lot of the scale issues that they created in the earlier waves, so once new figures are released and people replace the older ones they have it will become a non-issue.  

Just got Herc today at my local wally world. Buncha ripoff artists trying to sell this on ebay for $25-$35+ w/o the BAF Thanos head. Figure.  FYI, Herc is the perfect scale when posed with other ML figs. Namor is 6'1, Herc is 6'5, they scale perfectly. People need to quit with this BS bout him being too "small".  Best figure in the wave. They had Nighthawk as well but I'll get him loose later on. I'm sure he won't be hard to find & will go down in price.

DSCF7750.JPG

DSCF7748.JPG

DSCF7747.JPG

Not a fan of manbun modern Herc so decided to do a quick/simple revision to him to give him a bit of a more classic  looking Hercules. Not the best custom of him but it'll do for me till Hasbro gives us a more classic Bronze age or 80s Herc in a vintage wave.  And he's in perfect scale to all his fellow classic Avengers.  

DSCF7766.JPG

DSCF7751.JPG

DSCF7759.JPG

DSCF7764.JPG

DSCF7773.JPG

49 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Not a fan of manbun modern Herc so decided to do a quick/simple revision to him to give him a bit of a more classic  looking Hercules. Not the best custom of him but it'll do for me till Hasbro gives us a more classic Bronze age or 80s Herc in a vintage wave.  And he's in perfect scale to all his fellow classic Avengers.  

DSCF7766.JPG

DSCF7751.JPG

DSCF7759.JPG

DSCF7764.JPG

DSCF7773.JPG

Did you just use an xacto knife to remove it?