Favorite Female Legends Figure

hisDUDENESS9829

It seems like just a few years ago we were all clamoring for more female figures in our action figure lines.  So much so that Mattel pumped them into the Matty Collector lines because “they didn’t sell at retail”.  

Now here we are  with at least one female per wave (typically a commonly asked for female character) on top of exclusives and a movie wave made up of mostly (albeit different iterations of one female) females.  

So... what Marvel Legends Female figure is your favorite?

Mine at the moment is the Walgreen’s exclusive Mystique.  It’s the truest to character I’ve seen and is very well executed.  My honorable mention would be Lady Deadpool.  She is a blast to pose with DPooly and Bob.

Honestly I collect the female figures the most, majority of my collection is the female figures, So many great figs, I agree highly on that Mystique it's amazing it is currently my favourite but we have been lucky with some great female figs, Guess I love them so much because we were cursed with such shitty female figs from legends and everyone else for so many damn years now that we get them looking great I want em all

Some other faves though

Spider Gwen (Original), Elektra, Lady DP, Entire A-Force Pack, Wolverine Weapon X, Black Cat (Original), Magik, Angela, Shuri (BP Suit), Ultimate Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman (Red Suit) , those come to mind

24 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honestly I collect the female figures the most, majority of my collection is the female figures, So many great figs, I agree highly on that Mystique it's amazing it is currently my favourite but we have been lucky with some great female figs, Guess I love them so much because we were cursed with such shitty female figs from legends and everyone else for so many damn years now that we get them looking great I want em all

Some other faves though

Spider Gwen (Original), Elektra, Lady DP, Entire A-Force Pack, Wolverine Weapon X, Black Cat (Original), Magik, Angela, Shuri (BP Suit), Ultimate Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman (Red Suit) , those come to mind

I really want that Elektra but have not been lucky enough to find it in the wild.  I have to disagree on the Wolverine X-23, I love her character, but I can’t seem to get my figure in any dynamic poses.  The claws on the hands just end up looking awkward.

Another great one is the Storm from the latest X-Men wave! 

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

Being a bit biased I would go with Allfather Scarlet Witch and The Infinity War Scarlet Witch

the comic Scarlet Witch is great, She is still a figure I have been wanting in my collection for awhile, I cannot seem to find her for a reasonable price, as for the MCU witch I don't really collect MCU figs unless they are characters we have no comic version of, but that is a really amazing likeness especially the Infinity War version.

I can't choose just one ...  I love the mcu figs with eerily realistic faces like Gamora,  Nakia & the Dora,  Black Widow, etc.  But i love a lot of the recent comic figs too, especially Storm, Elektra, Psylocke, and Gwenpool (sad that she's such a pegwarmer but double packing her was a huge mistake).

One figure i haven't been 100$ satisfied with is wasp.  the mcu version didn't come with a shrunken version which annoys me despite how cool the figure is.  and i dunno none of the comic wasp figures seem quite right to me.  I mostly think of roger stern's run and i don't recall her having any of these looks during that run so its probably just me lol.

48 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I can't choose just one ...  I love the mcu figs with eerily realistic faces like Gamora,  Nakia & the Dora,  Black Widow, etc.  But i love a lot of the recent comic figs too, especially Storm, Elektra, Psylocke, and Gwenpool (sad that she's such a pegwarmer but double packing her was a huge mistake).

One figure i haven't been 100$ satisfied with is wasp.  the mcu version didn't come with a shrunken version which annoys me despite how cool the figure is.  and i dunno none of the comic wasp figures seem quite right to me.  I mostly think of roger stern's run and i don't recall her having any of these looks during that run so its probably just me lol.

Yeah, I was super surprised that they released the Wasp attire from the ToyBiz line instead of her classic attire.  The blue was a very odd choice.

7 hours ago, Satam said:

I really like the Gwenpool figure a lot.  That's probably my favorite right now.  Guardians 2 Nebula is also up there, but she's a bit short on the short side. 

Gwenpool is another one i love alot actually, last year she was a huge want for me,  she has great accuracy as far as her comic likeness goes, especially that great backpack, but the problem with her was the head sculpts, we needed a neutral face, and an unmasked and i would have been truly happy, those two heads are not what i desire

3 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Yeah, I was super surprised that they released the Wasp attire from the ToyBiz line instead of her classic attire.  The blue was a very odd choice.

I actually love the Blue variant from the Vintage wave, if you don't own this figure, see it in person, that blue really pops, but i am a huge wasp fan and still love that black/gold suit and the MCU wasp btw was brilliant

11 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I actually love the Blue variant from the Vintage wave, if you don't own this figure, see it in person, that blue really pops, but i am a huge wasp fan and still love that black/gold suit and the MCU wasp btw was brilliant

No, unfortunately I have never seen any of the second vintage wave in person.  Gotta love retail!

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

the comic Scarlet Witch is great, She is still a figure I have been wanting in my collection for awhile, I cannot seem to find her for a reasonable price, as for the MCU witch I don't really collect MCU figs unless they are characters we have no comic version of, but that is a really amazing likeness especially the Infinity War version.

The comic Wanda's only problem is she's too tall, Wanda is supposed to be around 5' 7" but the figure drawfs most of her fellow Avengers

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

The comic Wanda's only problem is she's too tall, Wanda is supposed to be around 5' 7" but the figure drawfs most of her fellow Avengers

I hope the new version with Mags and QS coming out is scaled a little closer to her actual height.  But it looks like she is on the same buck as most of the female figures.

There are a lot of them, I'll try to keep it to a Top 10.  I definitely have a bias towards Spider-Man related figures.  Also hope that the new 3 pack Scarlet Witch is as awesome as the Toy Fair pics looked, if so she'll definitely replace the All-Father wave one and move up this list. 

1. Mary Jane

2. Spider-Girl (May Parker)

3. Black Cat (classic)

4. Rogue

5. Scarlet Witch (MCU Infinity War)

6. Songbird

7. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew classic)

8. Elektra (Sp//Dr wave)

9. Kitty Pryde

10. Scarlet Witch (All-Father wave)

Honorable Mention: Wasp (Vintage Wave 2)

5 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I hope the new version with Mags and QS coming out is scaled a little closer to her actual height.  But it looks like she is on the same buck as most of the female figures.

The problem with that one is that it isn't a costume I really want, I would have prefered Alan Davis's look or when they first mentioned 90's look, I thought it was going to be her Jean Grey Look

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

The problem with that one is that it isn't a costume I really want, I would have prefered Alan Davis's look or when they first mentioned 90's look, I thought it was going to be her Jean Grey Look

It’s just a bit darker than what people hoped right?  What’s the issue with the attire?

12 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

It’s just a bit darker than what people hoped right?  What’s the issue with the attire?

For me, it is just a dark, shinier version of her classic look, which we already have a version of, I was hoping that she would get one of her different costumes

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

According to the creative team, though the figure looked amazing (and it still does) they were not to happy with how tall this SW scaled with the other figures in the line. Since then the legs have been shortened on this buck and Dwight Stall himself hinted at revisiting this character. Of course, Hasbro's not too keen to doing straight redos (especially their own) so they had to change it up a bit. Luckily SW has had quite a few costume changes so they kinda just picked one and gave her a new head sculpt to boot. I'm happy with this cuz now SW and Polaris don't look exactly alike anymore.

As far as my favorite female figure, it's a tie between Rogue (I miss the Moonstone buck) and Dark Phoenix which uses a mix between the athletic Kate Bishop buck and the leggy Scarlet Witch buck. I wish they woulda used this formula to make the Elektra figure.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:17 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I did see that figure once in the wild and thought it did look very nice (in fact i thought the whole wave looked better in person than in online photos, especially scarlet spider and black panther).  its just not a costume i associate with wasp from my comic-reading days.  still, at some point i will likely get that figure to replace my old toybiz Wasp which really does not look great next to modern MLs.

I'd like to get the new scarlet witch but don't feel like shelling out $60 for a 3-pack so i'll wait and see if i can find her loose or if the set is on sale.  Or maybe some of the allfather wave versions will become cheap, that version looked pretty good too altho i know its too tall and the heels are a pain