Favorite Female Legends Figure

hisDUDENESS9829

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

According to the creative team, though the figure looked amazing (and it still does) they were not to happy with how tall this SW scaled with the other figures in the line. Since then the legs have been shortened on this buck and Dwight Stall himself hinted at revisiting this character. Of course, Hasbro's not too keen to doing straight redos (especially their own) so they had to change it up a bit. Luckily SW has had quite a few costume changes so they kinda just picked one and gave her a new head sculpt to boot. I'm happy with this cuz now SW and Polaris don't look exactly alike anymore.

As far as my favorite female figure, it's a tie between Rogue (I miss the Moonstone buck) and Dark Phoenix which uses a mix between the athletic Kate Bishop buck and the leggy Scarlet Witch buck. I wish they woulda used this formula to make the Elektra figure.

Did the Dark Phoenix have those terrible platform boots that the Juggernaurt  one did?  I cannot get mine to stand fro the life of me because she has those tiny feet and the crazy heavy head/hair.  

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

According to the creative team, though the figure looked amazing (and it still does) they were not to happy with how tall this SW scaled with the other figures in the line. Since then the legs have been shortened on this buck and Dwight Stall himself hinted at revisiting this character. Of course, Hasbro's not too keen to doing straight redos (especially their own) so they had to change it up a bit. Luckily SW has had quite a few costume changes so they kinda just picked one and gave her a new head sculpt to boot. I'm happy with this cuz now SW and Polaris don't look exactly alike anymore.

As far as my favorite female figure, it's a tie between Rogue (I miss the Moonstone buck) and Dark Phoenix which uses a mix between the athletic Kate Bishop buck and the leggy Scarlet Witch buck. I wish they woulda used this formula to make the Elektra figure.

Shame they didn't pick a Wanda costume that was a bit more different to the last one.

3 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Did the Dark Phoenix have those terrible platform boots that the Juggernaurt  one did?  I cannot get mine to stand fro the life of me because she has those tiny feet and the crazy heavy head/hair.  

No, they got rid of the heels. It was an awesome thing they did with that figure that I haven't seen done since and I don't understand why. They basically took a Kat Bishop torso, the Scarlet Witch hips and the Moonstone legs and adjusted them to fit. Together they made this athletic looking leggy female buck that really represented Cochrum's art beautifully. Any customizer that has tried this knows those parts don't exactly fit together without some major retooling, so Hasbro actually did the retooling for this one figure and never used it again, which is a damn shame cuz it woulda been perfect for the Elektra figure that seemed a little too skinny IMO. I initially thought they used it again with Psylocke, but it's different, especially around the hip joints. They're small nuances but they are there. If you have one in hand you can pretty much match up the parts with the figures they came from. Even some of the reviewers have a hard time placing the mold. They often mistake it for the SW mold outright.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

No, they got rid of the heels. It was an awesome thing they did with that figure that I haven't seen done since and I don't understand why. They basically took a Kat Bishop torso, the Scarlet Witch hips and the Moonstone legs and adjusted them to fit. Together they made this athletic looking leggy female buck that really represented Cochrum's art beautifully. Any customizer that has tried this knows those parts don't exactly fit together without some major retooling, so Hasbro actually did the retooling for this one figure and never used it again, which is a damn shame cuz it woulda been perfect for the Elektra figure that seemed a little too skinny IMO. I initially thought they used it again with Psylocke, but it's different, especially around the hip joints. They're small nuances but they are there. If you have one in hand you can pretty much match up the parts with the figures they came from. Even some of the reviewers have a hard time placing the mold. They often mistake it for the SW mold outright.

Wow.  Hopefully they re-release her again because there is no way I can afford her in the second market.  (Even though she sounds worth it)

2 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

It's a tie between Rogue from the Juggernaut wave and the Dark Phoenix from the DPh two-pack + the head with the wind-swept translucent hair.

The Rogue buck is one of the all time best in the line.  Her headsculpt leaves a bit to be desired as does the floating knee pads, but I agree, really nice figure.

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 2:34 PM, UsurperSmurf said:

Though she may not stand up very well with those high heels the Ultimate Green Goblin wave Black Cat looks to damn good. I can't pick anything else. Though that 3 pack Scarlet Witch looks damn good.

I'll be using my Black Cats heels for my Jim Lee STORM. I just see her in heels for some reason. They look really good on MYSTIQUE.

My favorite to this point would have to be Rogue, followed closely by Wasp, Gamora (Guardians 5 pack), Scarlet Witch and Dark Phoenix. Such an improvement over the first Phoenix! Speaking of improvements, I really feel that many of these female action figures should have less of the "scrawny" buck and more of the more rounded up. Its not just body type though. Medusa had a good figure, but the hair- which is her MAIN FEATURE- made the figure boring. Hasbro should look into using different materials for her hair like saran.

• 2 weeks later...

So far most of my Marvel Legends batch (no huge collection tho) were mostly female which by that time i wanted to search for other characters in the shop but was limited with some like Spiderwoman or White Tiger, however my favorite one would be comic Wasp (the Ultron BAF wave one) since i was familiar with the character slightly and the figure itself was good 🙂

• 2 months later...

Hands down: Rogue. That figure was perfect.

Also a big fan of Dark Phoenix, Ms. Marvel (black outfit), Gamora (SDCC exclusive), Scarlet Witch and Wasp (black/yellow outfit).

Elsa Bloodstone, Storm (white outfit), Lady Loki, Spider-Gwen and Mockingbird were runners up. I really hate anyone using Gwen because to me she is a character that holds a milestone place in comics history and shouldn't be touched...but the costume and figure are exceptionally good. They did a really good job, to convince someone like ME to buy her.

Never cared for Mockingbird; just a knockoff of DCs Black Canary... but I love her outfit and those removable glasses!!