Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I originally made a post about 90s Jim Lee X-Men Marvel Legends. I wanted to start an X-Men #1 collection/display but quickly realized that figures that are already out are hella expensive. So I decided to make one with Marvel Select. Wanted to know if there's any info on any of the figures.

There are 12 characters total on the issue cover and I already have 5 of them: Gambit, Beast, Wolverine, Colossus, and Magneto

2 are coming out: Rogue (which is already on its way to me!!!!), and Psylocke will be later this year.

I know Cyclops already came out but I hope they redo it in the Jim Lee style (especially since I heard Cyclops is sporting a similar outfit in the recent comics). So any news on the remaining characters would be awesome and extremely helpful!!! Thanks!!!31571.thumb.jpg.350eab4f0c9082db310335d7b8b31a1f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News in the future?  Because I don't think Diamond has revealed any plans for Jim Lee style X-Men past Psylocke.  They have released Jean Grey and Storm in other looks, but I don't think they've even made Professor X or Iceman figures yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not aware of any news, but I would say hold out for Legends versions of the characters.  Hasbro has done really well about re-releasing figures and with all of the news and hype around X-Men figures it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them put out sooner rather than later.  

Unless you really love Select over Legends, but based on your post it sounded like they were the second choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satam said:

News in the future?  Because I don't think Diamond has revealed any plans for Jim Lee style X-Men past Psylocke.  They have released Jean Grey and Storm in other looks, but I don't think they've even made Professor X or Iceman figures yet.

I knew about the Storm. Didn't know about Jean Grey, which version of her? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I’m not aware of any news, but I would say hold out for Legends versions of the characters.  Hasbro has done really well about re-releasing figures and with all of the news and hype around X-Men figures it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them put out sooner rather than later.  

Unless you really love Select over Legends, but based on your post it sounded like they were the second choice.

I'll be disappointed if that happens. I only had some Legends figures (did an Avengers display, movie and comic version) so that's why it was my first choice. Love the articulation of Legends over Select. But now that I have a few Select I love the sculpts and think those will work better in the display I want to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emnems80 said:

I'll be disappointed if that happens. I only had some Legends figures (did an Avengers display, movie and comic version) so that's why it was my first choice. Love the articulation of Legends over Select. But now that I have a few Select I love the sculpts and think those will work better in the display I want to make.

That’s awesome then!  To each their own.  I will say that their representations of characters tend to be much more comic accurate than some recent legends.  I had the Deadpool, Brown Costume Wolvie, first appearance Sabertooth, and Hawkeye once upon a time.  I loved them and displayed them until the legends counterparts were released and sold them/gave them away.  Good luck on the recreation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

That’s awesome then!  To each their own.  I will say that their representations of characters tend to be much more comic accurate than some recent legends.  I had the Deadpool, Brown Costume Wolvie, first appearance Sabertooth, and Hawkeye once upon a time.  I loved them and displayed them until the legends counterparts were released and sold them/gave them away.  Good luck on the recreation!

Thanks!!! And you never know, I may have to mix in some Legends to complete the display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I knew about the Storm. Didn't know about Jean Grey, which version of her? Thanks

There's a couple of Phoenix variants and a '60s Marvel Girl figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So changed my mind (again) about the display. Going with a mix of Legends and Select. The Select Wolverine forced my decision when posing him for the display ruined his left ankle. Also loved the Legends Gambit over the Select. Don't have the Legends Beast but based on reviews I've seen it looks like it'll be better for the display (looks like I'll be selling the Select Beast soon!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to start posting pics of the display as I build it. As of this pic there's Legends Gambit and Wolverine (vintage), Select Colossus, Rogue, and Magneto. Next figures that are on their way are Legends Professor X and Legends Beast......

IMG_20190531_200726.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Select a different scale, though? 7" versus 6"? Your Magneto's going to be a giant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Benn said:

Isn't Select a different scale, though? 7" versus 6"? Your Magneto's going to be a giant!

I think I can make it work by positioning him closer which matches the Jim Lee cover. If I feel it's too out of scale I can replace him later with the Legends that's about to come out in the 3 pack. The Rogue is a Select and by positioning her further back she doesn't look out of scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet. I can't wait to see the final display! It sounds like Iceman's going to be your white whale from both lines, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, Benn said:

Sweet. I can't wait to see the final display! It sounds like Iceman's going to be your white whale from both lines, though!

Yup, Iceman definitely will be. I'm hoping they release that version of him in an upcoming vintage wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, the Iceman cometh! And Storm too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Benn said:

Hey, the Iceman cometh! And Storm too!

Yup, saw it and already preordered!!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping they complete the Blue team at least..so JUBILEE and CYCLOPS in the near future. Going for the gold team would be great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starlord67 said:

I'm hoping they complete the Blue team at least..so JUBILEE and CYCLOPS in the near future. Going for the gold team would be great!!

I'm assuming you're talking about Marvel Select?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make or where to get a custom made Iceman slide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about Marvel Select?

Oh .. Yes...sorry for not clarifying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is turning into more of a Marvel Legends display I decided to continue it here......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE